Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

blue movie wrote: »
    I replied to e mail two weeks ago and have confirmation of test date thankfully

Can I ask how far away the test date is? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

andybar wrote: »
    How did people get on with phase 1?

Pretty good I think, you? Still waiting to see if through to phase 2

Fingers crossed for you.

annor99 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, how did you do?

Thanks, how did you do?

I've not applied. Know someone who has went through all stages for regional but couldn't take job at time so trying to suss out maybe when they would be looking at regional again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 VR461988

Same as myself. Hopefully we'll get word today or tomorrow. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 andybar

Just got the invite to phase 2.

Same as. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Johnjamesp

Does anyone know about the possibility of changing your preferred location due to a change in circumstances. Or is it futile considering I've been invited to stage 2 now. I choose Dublin originally (Jan 2019) but would now prefer Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

Johnjamesp wrote: »
    Does anyone know about the possibility of changing your preferred location due to a change in circumstances. Or is it futile considering I've been invited to stage 2 now. I choose Dublin originally (Jan 2019) but would now prefer Galway.

I’d mention it you never know perhaps another candidate put in for Galway but would prefer Dublin but the chances are very small. If you go ahead with Dublin and qualify in Dublin the transfer policy dictates you must spend a minimum of 3 years in your starting depot.

Beware transfers can take a lot longer than 3 years though. I personally know 4 drivers who took over 7 years to transfer to their preferred depot.

Good Luck

• Advertisement

I’d mention it you never know perhaps another candidate put in for Galway but would prefer Dublin but the chances are very small. If you go ahead with Dublin and qualify in Dublin the transfer policy dictates you must spend a minimum of 3 years in your starting depot.

Beware transfers can take a lot longer than 3 years though. I personally know 4 drivers who took over 7 years to transfer to their preferred depot.

Good Luck

As an employee can you tell me if you guys get free travel?

20 free tickets per year for countrywide train travel. You can also get what’s known as a bearer duty pass i.e a free pass from your nearest train/bus station to your place of work or nearest stop to work. You get a Privilege identity pass Which gives reduced rate rail services and ferry tickets

20 free tickets per year for countrywide train travel. You can also get what’s known as a bearer duty pass i.e a free pass from your nearest train/bus station to your place of work or nearest stop to work. You get a Privilege identity pass Which gives reduced rate rail services and ferry tickets

Thanks for replying, I ask as I’m based in Kildare and if successful it would be handy getting the train to work daily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

I seem to miss any advert for vacancies for drivers, anyone know when they are looking to hire drivers again?:(

dave 27 wrote: »
    I seem to miss any advert for vacancies for drivers, anyone know when they are looking to hire drivers again?:(

I don't think they re-advertised since the first time. They using the same pool of people who applied back then.

Thanks for replying, I ask as I’m based in Kildare and if successful it would be handy getting the train to work daily

Heuston would be handy so. Unfortunately joined up thinking is not very prevalent in Irish Rail so they would probably put you in Connolly and another trainee who lives in Bray/Drogheda/Dundalk in Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

Got my invite too .see ya there :)
    Didn't think I did too well in phase one especially the assessment with the dials.
    Trying not to let myself get too excited yet still a way to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Andybar88

Didn't think I did too well in phase one especially the assessment with the dials.

Best of luck chief....ye still a way to go from what iv read in previous comments after phase 2 comes the long wait to see if your successful.

Same, hard not to get excited now. Trying to stop myself too lol. Best of luck

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Are IE staff entitled to subsidiaries for being away from the station for x amount of time?

Subsidiaries?

• Advertisement

Has anyone received their confirmation email for phase 2 selected dates?

Andybar88 wrote: »

Yep, around 10 minutes ago.

Andybar88 wrote: »

Nothing yet no. Should be soon I guess

Just got phase 2 confirmation date email

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

Fair play . Good luck pal

Ye lads got mine aswell..best of luck to all now to get on the competency answers��feel that's gonna be my struggle point...Irish people were not made to brag about themselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Subsidiaries?

All depends what department you are in.

In relation to stage 2 and the pre interview form, are you timed when filling out the answers to each question? And (being very cheeky) what kind of skill sets were the questions based around? Thanks for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Is that for the driving jobs?

Advertisement