Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2015/16)

Options
  • 02-07-2015 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

With the season starting up again in around 6 weeks, i thought we should set up a accumulator thread for the upcoming season.

Mine for the season.

Chelsea to win the league - 6/4
    Juventus to win the league - 4/7
    Aberdeen W/O Celtic - 4/6
    Hull to be promoted -5/2
    Sheffield UTD to finish top6 - 4/9
    Barcelona to win the league - 8/11
    PSV to win the league - 11/8

€10 returns 1357.90

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Already gone in on a large trixie on Chelsea / Barca / Juve. Will go in for another few speculative ones as the season draws closer.

Stoke top midlands club 11/10, betting without Celtic Aberdeen 4/5, barca 4/6 and juve 4/7 o/r , Swindon 2/1 and derby top 6 8/11 40e pays 2050.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Made this a sticky

Unibet has Winner of the eredivisie without Ajax and PSV > Feyenoord @2.1

Kuyt returned to Feyenoord, Clasie will leave fro Southampton (most likely) but for Clasie they brought in Vejenovic who has been very good for Vitesse the last 2 seasons.
    HAs in any case more goals in him than CLasie as he has a great free kick and will be on penalties. Penalties being a huge problem for Feyenoord since Guidetti.

The kicker of this bet though is that PSV and Ajax are not important and Feyenoord has no European football this year, something Vitesse will have. Twente has had to get rid of a lot of players and, Heerenveen again has to rebuilt.
    Danger might come from AZ but they also have European football. As do Groningen.

Feyenoord last seasons collapse in the last 6 matches (2 points and still only 3 points away from 3rd) had to do with a lot of European football and a manager who is now gone.

If you have a €5 left, get on Zwolle to win (without Ajax/PSV) @41
    Brought in a few good players and didnt lose too much so far.
    And like Feyenoord, no European football

0b413b13f9f3fceaad93afe70aa52655.png

So i ll be on this:

2a1f984260ad8eb46c7f7ff91d65ca49.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

I like inter this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Does anyone have odds on Marseille NOT to finish in the top 3?

Does anyone have odds on Marseille NOT to finish in the top 3?
    Unibet has them to finish top 3 @3.5
    So odds on them not to finish top 3 would be pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Normally wait for the RP Pull Out before I choose my bets! Normally a great read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Wayne Rooney top goalscorer in EPL @ 20/1 e/w

He should be the lone striker with Falcao and RVP leaving, and with Mata, Di Maria and Depay in support, I can see Rooney scoring a lot of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Expecting Paddy Power to do the same as last year? Bet up to €20 and get a €2 free bet every time they score?

Won a couple of >40/1 shots off those bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Aberdeen W/O Celtic - 4/6

what does that mean?

what does that mean?
    That Aberdeen needs to finish above anyone else but Celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

what does that mean?

Basically take Celtic out of the league,. This is Aberdeen to win the league with out celtic. So they need to finish second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Or first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Or first!

Well yea, but lets be realistic here.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What do ye think of Villa do be relegated?BP is currently 4/1,they look set to lose Vlaar,Delph and Benteke 3 of their most important players.Could be a very long hard season for them,their squad doesnt have much quality and Sherwood is a bit of an unknown quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

My first two ante-post of the season.

Rooney top scorer e/w @21 and @19
    Rooney top english scorer e/w @ 6

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thinking of the chelsea/derby double

problem is derby have rarely delivered for me

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Austria! wrote: »
    My first two ante-post of the season.

Rooney top scorer e/w @21 and @19
    Rooney top english scorer e/w @ 6

Where did you get those odds? 6/1 on rooney is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

When I say @6 I mean 5/1. The bet was at PP, he's only @4.33 now though. And best price for him to be top goalscorer is 17 (or 16/1) now.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-english-goalscorer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Leicester to finish lower than 14th - evens on PP - the one stand out bet for me.

Hard to see past Aguero, Sanchez or Hazard for PFA player of the year - I'd go for Sannchez - think I saw him at 11/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Anyone see Ajax hitting back this year to win back the title?

shocksy wrote: »
    Anyone see Ajax hitting back this year to win back the title?

I dont.

Same issue as Feyenoord had last year, season starts too early with CL qualifiers.
    If that is the end of the european season they might still do it but if they get past Rapid, they will at least end up in the EL.

It is also not a real wise move to take anything in the Dutch league before the transfer window is closed. Too ften it happens that teams los thei most important players on the last day of the window.
    Altough Feyenoord and PSV will be ok this time, they lost them already

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The spiv

Leicester to be relegated.
    Middlesbrough for promotion.
    Sheffield Utd for promotion.
    Barcelona for la liga.
    Inter Milan to finish top 3 serie A.

Odds of 139/1. Worth a tenner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Paddy Power are doing a special on PL top scorer. Bet 20 on a top scorer bet (or 10 e/w) and each your selection scores you get a free €2 bet.

Looks pretty good, regardless of whether your bet wins or not.. Youll still surely make more than the 20 back in free bets throughtout the season. I cant see past Aguero again this season, think Ill stick 20 on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

FatRat wrote: »
    Paddy Power are doing a special on PL top scorer. Bet 20 on a top scorer bet (or 10 e/w) and each your selection scores you get a free €2 bet.

Looks pretty good, regardless of whether your bet wins or not.. Youll still surely make more than the 20 back in free bets throughtout the season. I cant see past Aguero again this season, think Ill stick 20 on him.
    Yeah they did the same special last season.I went with Toure and Costa last season,got over my stake back in free bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Any advertisements for the racing post football pull out yet? usually have a read of that before picking out the season long bets

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

Fairly sure i seen on Twitter somewhere that it was out on Tuesday August 4th.

I like city arsenal united Chelsea top 4 @6/5 and stoke top midlands club @ 1/1, wonder would pp let me do this as a double if I got on to customer services??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Advertisement