Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you intend to get married?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Marriage is a sham!

It's a great environment for raising a family, but usually one of the worst things you could ever do in a relationship.

Marriage is the "relationship killer"!

The rare happy/successful marriages are actually just blind luck.

I'm never doing it. Or having kids either. (<--That's what people do when they have no imagination and don't know what else to do with their "adult" lives. I've never had that dilemma... my world makes perfect sense and I'm very happy!) :)

Yeah, that whole recent referendum business was just another excuse for everyone to have a good knees-up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Yeah, that whole recent referendum business was just another excuse for everyone to have a good knees-up :pac:

lol... I voted yes!

Everyone should have the same rights. I understand why people value it.

But it's a flawed concept from my perspective. Marriage was a religious institution, designed to control the populace. (among other things)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Wibbs wrote: »
    Those Denny TV ads with the families gathering pre a wedding or going "up for the match" would be my idea of absolute hell to live in.

Ohh God yes, especially the GAA types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Struck me as an exercise in turkeys voting for Christmas, TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

Wibbs wrote: »
    OR c) there are a lot of crazies.

Oh I've had more "stable" types, but TBH for me they tend to be more beige and suburban in mindset and that bores me after a while. Well I get bored pretty easily anyway, in romantic relationships, not friendships funny enough where they span double digit decades. The loopers are more craic in the short term and I was very rarely looking for the longterm so… Plus I tend to prefer more "arty" types which tends to bring more of the out there mindset to the table. When I was younger there would have certainly be the element of wanting to "save them" or whatever, but that got old really quickly. Never again would I go down that route.

Something in me that might put of the "non wounded" is that I'd not be very domestic for the real want of a better word. Those Denny TV ads with the families gathering pre a wedding or going "up for the match" would be my idea of absolute hell to live in. Any time I've had to be in such a situation I've usually ended up chatting with the kids, rather than the adults, far less mind numbing. I realise that's not normal, but that's how it is and how I am.

Ah yeah....the conventional....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also very hard to be yourself around that....

It's the certainty of marriage that people want and its the certainty that bores them also. Can't win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement