Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really enjoyed it. Yeah, it was janky as hell in places, but i liked the combat at times and the story was interesting enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, always love the gunplay in this ,D2 now has a bucket load of endgame content to keep anyone busy.
    Its approachiong wow level of content at this stage, never thought id be saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Have played my fill of Dead Cell and moved on. Great game.
    Kingdom Come:Deliverence, uninstalled, cdid not even get out of village at the start. Too slow moving and just did not keep my interest.
    Sunset Overdrive at the moment. Bit of a mental game, want to like it but control system is a bit all over the place. Might stick with it for a while.
    In the back of my mind WOW is calling me again I think...

Stuck with Sunset Overdrive. What a game. Id never heard of it until I was looking through the Xbox PC library. Got the hang of the controls and it the best game ive played in ages. Just fun... No messing about, just blow up crap with a nice style of game play and visuals. Very fast paced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glebee wrote: »
    Stuck with Sunset Overdrive. What a game. Id never heard of it until I was looking through the Xbox PC library. Got the hang of the controls and it the best game ive played in ages. Just fun... No messing about, just blow up crap with a nice style of game play and visuals. Very fast paced too.

Sounds like you received all the moves. Game really comes together once you learn the forward dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'm playing Sniper Elite 4, I beat it as Cadat but playing as Marksman (normal level) now, it's substantially more difficult and you approach it very differently. Plus it doesn't hurt knowing what you are facing on maps, which route to take, which weapons to focus on.

Kudos to the Nazi's who can take 15 bullets from an Thompson Submachine Gun and still get up! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still playing Battlefield V a bit but only really when some mates are on as well. No interest in the constant running from point to point only to run immediately back again (and get sniped from a mile away in the process) that passes for gameplay most of the time.
    I'm considering picking up Modern Warfare though. I've never really played a COD game, but I know it's a different experience - would it be better? I watched JackFrags play through the start of the campaign and it looked great.

Outside of that, still play a bit of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, and looking forward to the AOE 2 Definitive Edition in a few weeks.

Gone back to first (modern) X-Com

Still really like it but also still really hate the free turn the aliens get, in the middle of your move, if you see them.

You can never ambush and often get flanked immediately because of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Playing "the outer worlds" which is basically a new, better graphics Fallout new vegas.

Enjoyable but combat shifts from too easy to really hard quite suddenly, you can't see the level of mobs so I guess it is just a factor of a variety of different levels being in the wild. I just killed a "Mega Mantiqueen" which took quite a few saves to get down, the funny thing is it was in order to persuade some mercenaries to help me clear out a bunch of human opponents, had already sniped them all off from a distance with no difficulty, though sniping from long range is probably cheesing the game a bit. But stealthy sniping is kind of a habit of mine.

Game is entertaining and pretty fun. If you enjoyed Fallout NV you will like this.

I am playing it using "Xbox pass for PC" which costs $1 for the first month I think (maybe it's $1.99?). will probably cancel that subscription after I finish the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Didnt even know Outer worlds was on the Xbox pass. Must download it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Loads of Battletech. Still trying to find more Assault Mech parts, only have 2. Have been tinkering with Melee focused builds for some mechs with decent success. 2 Arm Mods giving an extra 60-80 damage per attack and a slew of ++ Small Lasers don't take too long to bash their way through even heavies. I have a Heavy (Black Knight) and an Assault (Banshee) set up this way and supplemented the build with Large Lasers so they're still useful whilst they chase down the enemy - they're both "energy weapon" mechs anyway, so it works pretty well. Looking forward to the release of the final bit of DLC in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Been playing a lot of EDF5. Finished the main game and started on the DLC but think I'm about done with it now as the DLC last 2 levels in each pack is insane. I played an air raider and had a huge amount of fun calling in vehicles and air strikes. I'll probably try the game again with a Fencer.

I usually don't get on well with shlooters like Borderlands and realized why. EDF is just a cheaper, tackier, jankier but more enjoyable and better game than borderlands and other shlooters. It's just a great game to jump into for a quick mission and then realise 4 hours later that the washing still needs to be done. It's genuinely funny as well unlike Borderlands which tries too hard to be funny and piles on the memes. EDF takes a faux bad translation approach which is just so dumb it's amazing. The further you get the crazier the weapons as well, especially the more exotic character classes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think I got some of them in a Humble Bundle once, might have to check it out...

Speaking of which, I've been playing loads of CoD WWII which was in the last Humble Monthly. It's CoD, no real change there, but it's enjoyable none the less and for the set piece bits that are the "story" aren't terrible. Not great, but enjoyable enough all things considered. The multiplayer's mostly fun. They remade the old CoD4 Map Shipment in with 1944 aesthetic and it's just as bonkers with grenades and murder-hobos running at you with melee weapons as I remember :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EDF 4.1 and 5 are worth checking out. The Western made games.... not as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Witcher 3:Blood and Wine. Never did get around to playing this DLC when it came out. What a game the Witcher 3 is and this brings it all back. Has to be up there with one of the best games ever. Half tempted to stop and restart main story again...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

New baba in the house so I've perfected feeding the baba with one hand while playing mouse-only games with the other.

After a spin through Into the Breach I moved onto Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun and I'm hooked. Each mission more difficult than the last but if you mess up it's entirely on you so it's very fair. Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

After a spin through Into the Breach I moved onto Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun and I'm hooked. Each mission more difficult than the last but if you mess up it's entirely on you so it's very fair. Loving it.

Yeah, it was excellent. Really looking forward to Desperados 3 from the same team. And congrats on the baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

New baba in the house so I've perfected feeding the baba with one hand while playing mouse-only games with the other.

I also find myself in a similar predicament at times. I find that the following games help my gaming addiction going:

(all turn based click games)

Planetfall
    Stellaris
    XCom 2
    Civ 6
    Divinity II

When not baby bound, im stilling playing The Outer Worlds, Red Dead II & Planet Zoo

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Planetfall
    Any good (I guess so if you're playing it but...)?
    I'm just finishing a Stellaris run, so wouldn't mind something new (have all the others on your list!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Zulu wrote: »
    Any good (I guess so if you're playing it but...)?
    I'm just finishing a Stellaris run, so wouldn't mind something new (have all the others on your list!)

Its good fun. Its a mix of Civ & Endless Legends. Im enjoying it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,369 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Stayed up 'til 2am this morning messing with Europa Universalis IV. Enthralling but Byzantine.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Stayed up 'til 2am this morning messing with Europa Universalis IV. Enthralling but Byzantine.

oldie but a goodie. I may have learned more history from this game than i did doing it in school (to junior cert level - inter cert in my day.) Certainly got a better feel for how historic events were connected to each other.

Can anyone recommend best games to play on xbox pass? I fniished teh outer worlds and am looking to see what to fiddle with until new path of exile league or until RDR II comes out on steam, don't want to buy it and not have in that library.

Fian wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend best games to play on xbox pass? I fniished teh outer worlds and am looking to see what to fiddle with until new path of exile league or until RDR II comes out on steam, don't want to buy it and not have in that library.

I'm knee deep in Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun and loving it. Gets the brain going.

I'm knee deep in Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun and loving it. Gets the brain going.

Came here to thank the poster who mentioned it last week. Maybe it was you?

Loving the game and it plays great on my little laptop with just an mx250. Feels like Commandos did back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Ori and the Blind Forest on gamepass. I've died a lot. I'm guessing I'll die a lot more.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started Ori and the Blind Forest on gamepass. I've died a lot. I'm guessing I'll die a lot more.

An absolute masterpiece. Yes you will die a lot, but it will always be your fault and come the end you'll be looping gracefully across the entire map like a russian ballet dancer on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Gone back to first (modern) X-Com

Still really like it but also still really hate the free turn the aliens get, in the middle of your move, if you see them.

You can never ambush and often get flanked immediately because of that

You can put guys on Overwatch during your move and they will catch them out. The ability can also be added as a perk so as not to waste a move. You can also throw a scanner to reveal their position before approach. You can most assuredly ambush them. I love Xcom.

I'm playing Days Gone, it's pretty good.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You can put guys on Overwatch during your move and they will catch them out. The ability can also be added as a perk so as not to waste a move. You can also throw a scanner to reveal their position before approach. You can most assuredly ambush them. I love Xcom.

I'm playing Days Gone, it's pretty good.

Scanner is in 2

In 1 you can guess they are in the fog, for an ambush, but once you see them they see you.

They also spread out, even in an ambush in XCOM2, so can not hit several of them with a grenade (like the Mutons do every bloody time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Ive been playing a lot of Dead Cells lately. Really ,really enjoying it. I some how managed to complete it on my 6/7 run but im failing completely on the next difficulty level. Dropped the level down today to try and unlock some new weapons etc and realized how much of a fluke that winning run was. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Scanner is in 2

In 1 you can guess they are in the fog, for an ambush, but once you see them they see you.

They also spread out, even in an ambush in XCOM2, so can not hit several of them with a grenade (like the Mutons do every bloody time)

Hmm, could be. Bloody love X-COM regardless. There's really not enough quality turn based games of its ilk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If anyone is interested, Crusader Kings 2 has gone free to play for the base game and for the time being one of the DLCs is free on Steam.

I tried Kingdom Come: Deliverance but can't manage the combat at all.

Advertisement