Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Far Cry 5 - Not even half way through and im completely bored of this. Think im going to uninstall.. First time ever ive not completed a Far Cry game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Worms Armageddon :P. It's a seriously addictive game. I can't seem to find any online matches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Starsector, and pretty much nothing else right now. Put around 100 hours in over the last two weeks, and still really enjoying it. Lost almost my entire fleet for the 2nd time last night, after a vengeance fleet was sent after me and i was caught unaware. Lost all bar one of my capitals, lost my precious Apogee and Onslaught, and pretty much all my salvaged loot (plus 2 Alpha AI cores). Managed to get back to civilization, but the process of rebuilding my fleet will have to start again.

Gonna go super high tech this time, with a lot of phase and laser boats. Want to setup a colony to build myself a Paragon. Should help me see any tough enemies before they can catch me.

You'd swear i had shares in the game given how often i talk about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Kiith wrote: »
    Starsector, ...

thank you! this looks like my kinda gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Zulu wrote: »
    thank you! this looks like my kinda gig
    Damn good game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Division 2. Swore I wouldn't but a mate got it so I joined him and I've been clearing the content. It's all same same as 1 but can't complain too much, I've got my moneys worth I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Rise of the Tomb raider.
    Enjoyable, good story but spent too much time gathering collectables.

Trying to figure out what to go for next on game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Factorio, very addictive, many late nights lost.

The Surge.
    Since the follow up has just released I said Id go back and give the original a second go. Played it a bit on release but game up as it wrecked my head with the difficulty spikes. Dont normally play Dark Souls type games but this has me sucked in. Its brutal hard at times but im enjoying it overall. Maybe I might try out the Dark Souls series after this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't dig the "Souls Like" games at all, but I was willing to give The Surge more of a go mostly because everything wasn't brown and there wasn't fog preventing me seeing more than 20 feet in front of me. The Souls aesthetic should work for me, it's normally my sorta thing, but it all just felt so clunky and I would rather stick a fork in my leg than play them. But with The Surge, it felt like there was am actual difficulty curve and not just awful spikes making it hard for the sake of it. The second one seem to be getting good reviews, so fair play to them.

I've been playing Battletech cause Humble Bundle. Will be picking up the Urban Warfare DLC this week too cause it looks fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Finished Borderlands 2 yeaterday for the first time. Cleared the Captain Scarlett DLC during the playthrough. Going to do Tiny Tina DLC now as i heard its the best of the bunch then see if i could be arsed doing hard mode or a new toon. Got pretty lonely at points,had the game on public matchmaking but think i was only joined twice the whole playthrough.

Also been dropping in and out of Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox pass,quite enjoying it. The arcadey gameplay is fun to just jump in and out without too much messing. The spin thing to get unlocks is a bit garish though,feckin micro transactions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

EoinHef wrote: »
    Also been dropping in and out of Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox pass,quite enjoying it. The arcadey gameplay is fun to just jump in and out without too much messing. The spin thing to get unlocks is a bit garish though,feckin micro transactions!!
    Agreed on the wheel spins. It quickly became clear they clutterred wheel spins with clothes and emote bull**** to stop you getting as many cars, so you have to buy car packs. A shame.
    I never did make enough CR to buy the last castle :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Sagats_knee

Battletech. Awesome game so far and the best strategy/turn based game I’ve played in years (Better than X-COM IMO). I Put it off for ages since Mechwarrior Online’s failure to impress and was convinced the franchise was dead. However this game is really capturing my imagination and is doing some justice to the classic Battletech premise.

Shadow of the tomb raider is getting a look-in as well. Decent so far but seen it all before in the previous two reboot titles.

Sonic Mania’s good for a short bout of nostalgic fun, it’s pretty difficult too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im assuming its forza horizon 4 your talking about?
    Great game, hard to believe the could cram so much varied content and activities into an arcade racer.
    I love racing sims but sometimes its nice to just play a racing game as opposed to hardcore simulations and this is the best bar none,really good fun.

Played borderlands 3 for the last few weeks , very good game but ive more or less done everything available now.
    Played some metro exodus and gears 5 too, i must finish them :P
    Free weekend of Battallion 1944 might take my game time this weekend.
    Other than that i was considering getting round to playing xcom 2 and then war of the chosen expansion for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Been jumping in and out of GTA V, Gears 5, Wahammer 2 and Three Kingdoms.

Can't stick to one game it seems. Short attention span.

Still playing The Surge 1, have actually really enjoyed it so far but have got to a boss about 75% through the game (big sister boss) and no matter what I do I cant beat him. Hate that about these style games that the difficulty ramps up so much for boss fights sometime. If it was slightly easier I would defo playthrough to the end but now am thinking about uninstalling and moving onto another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I'm playing Gears 5 at the minute - really enjoying it, even though I haven't played any of the series since the 1st game.

Before that it was the Spyro Ignited Trilogy, heavy on the nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Titanfall 2, having great fun on mulitplayer. Anyone else got it?

Dead Cells : What a brilliant little game... Go on give it a try, youll thank me later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Titanfall 2, having great fun on mulitplayer. Anyone else got it?

Most underrated multiplayer shooter of the last decade, thankfully numbers have increased bigtime since apex legends arived, similar gameplay etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's the same "universe" between them both, so I'm still holding out hope that all this means we'll get a third Titanfall game off the back of the money made in Apex (although because EA, expect some fuckery).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Room 3. I enjoy these games.

Playing Pillars of Eternity 2 at the moment. Tried it a few months back, but didn't get into it. Gave it another go using the turn based combat (which was added in a patch) and i'm enjoying it now. Not sure if i'll ever complete it, but it's keeping me going for the time being.

Divinity Original Sin 2 has made other RPG's seem dull though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Gears of War Ultimate
    Controls like steering an elephant through quicksand but Ohhhh the nostalgia. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thronebreaker: witcherness

10 hours in so far. Great story but its getting a bit repetitive.

I will finish it though, by the gods!

Playing Pillars of Eternity 2 at the moment. ...
    Have the fixed the load times?
    I had to give up before as moving in and out of houses on a map was a loading nightmare.

No...it's pretty bad. Wasn't sure if it was because i don't have it on my SSD. Not so bad at first, but tends to get really bad the longer i play.

No...it's pretty bad. Wasn't sure if it was because i don't have it on my SSD. Not so bad at first, but tends to get really bad the longer i play.
    ugh, i was hoping it would be fixed as I was enjoying it other than that.

Have played my fill of Dead Cell and moved on. Great game.
    Kingdom Come:Deliverence, uninstalled, cdid not even get out of village at the start. Too slow moving and just did not keep my interest.
    Sunset Overdrive at the moment. Bit of a mental game, want to like it but control system is a bit all over the place. Might stick with it for a while.
    In the back of my mind WOW is calling me again I think...

• Advertisement

Funny you mention Kingdom Come; I just finished that a few days ago

Advertisement