Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Knight (performance issues)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have an i5 3570k and PowerColor Radeon HD7850 v2 2GB GDDR5

I played most of the game using an i5 750 and a HD 7870 2GB. it was mostly playable at a lower resolution, but the frame rate was still all over the place, especially when in the batmobile.

I'd say give it a try just to see, but I'd hold off till after the patch at this stage, which SHOULD help. Is due within 2 weeks according to an update from WB during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If the patch brings the performance into realistic line with other games, a 7850 2GB should still be plenty for a game like Arkham Knight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

So i have this sitting in my library since April, never even got round to installing as i was away the week it released, and returned to the issues it has.

I'm wondering, should i bother at all installing it yet (I know there's a patch this month), or should i give it a go? When they changed the specs the night before release, i suddenly didn't have a good enough CPU or GPU for minimum...

I have an i5 3570k and PowerColor Radeon HD7850 v2 2GB GDDR5

They talked about the patch a couple of days ago. One of the points was

"Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB".

However, despite saying the "interim" patch would be out in August, they're saying "If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We’ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along."

Your CPU is fine, they never changed the CPU requirements as far as I remember.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145592751466193037

FFS a 6870 was able to handle Shadow of Mordor at high barring particulate effects (same as Origins actually) and now a 7870 is minimum?

They've really ballsed this up huh

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Get used to it, "next gen" issues are here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I got Arkham Knight to work (kinda) on my 970.

I had to disable all the fancy Nvidia stuff like enhanced lighting, shadows, etc. So the random crashes with code dumps popping up have stopped but the game is chugging.

A discovered that this is a very prevalent issue when the game is installed on the HDD, so i've decided to wait until the patch in September before i play again, as i'm just not doing the game justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FFS a 6870 was able to handle Shadow of Mordor at high barring particulate effects (same as Origins actually) and now a 7870 is minimum?

They've really ballsed this up huh

Yeah, a HD7870 as a minimum is ridiculous, that actually makes it pretty much the most demanding PC game currently in existence, which is just ludicrous.

Yeah, this is not this gens Crisis, PC breaker level game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dreamers75 wrote: »

Patch gone,

WB leaked it by mistake, then pulled it again. :(

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Patch gone,

WB leaked it by mistake, then pulled it again. :(

There's a link to in steamcommunity where you can download it.

Im in no rush MGS will keep me busy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

The patch seems to have gone live for everyone now. Just popped up in my downloads this morning. Downloading it now. 626mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup, it was downloaded for me too. It does state that it's an interim patch. I'll give it a whirl later on to see if it works a it better, but I've moved on from it now, until I go back for a NG+ when I've nothing to play.

Patch is out for me, and the GFX options tell me that if I max everything out including the fancy Nvidia stuff, it'll go over the VRAM my 970 has..... O.o

Anyone confirm its working?

So far, its been working like a dream, with some of the Nvidia effects turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Started a new game and played about an hour with the patch. Appears to be a rock solid 60FPS with everything turned up except the Nvidia-only things.

I'm running:
    i7 4790k
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

Working with no problems on mine with everything on high except shadows (which are on medium), Nvidia stuff on too, smooth as anything.

i5 4690k
    16GB RAM
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

working perfect for me. all maxed out @1080p

4670K @ 4.2
    16gb
    980ti
    1TB 850 EVO (dunno if the SSD thing is still an issue)

• Advertisement

Rerelease end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

anyone running it on a r9 270x ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So it's finally ready to play?

Had actually forgotten about it until there I saw a release for Arkham Knight comics and was like "oh yeah must check if that game works now".

I had got a bit through the second game and stopped, will get back into it now to tide me over the dark winter nights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TheDoc wrote: »
    So it's finally ready to play?

Not really. The patch helped things (for me, not so much, it's still lagging on medium settings where MGSV runs at 60 FPS on medium to high for me)

There's supposed to be a full retail re-release soon, no confirmed date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

chrislad wrote: »
    Not really. The patch helped things (for me, not so much, it's still lagging on medium settings where MGSV runs at 60 FPS on medium to high for me)

There's supposed to be a full retail re-release soon, no confirmed date yet.

And what does that entail for people who bought the game on release? We get another patch, or they dressing it up to make people buy the game again? Cause obviously I doubt anyone who bought a PC copy, will actually fork a penny over for a re-release.

TheDoc wrote: »
    And what does that entail for people who bought the game on release? We get another patch, or they dressing it up to make people buy the game again? Cause obviously I doubt anyone who bought a PC copy, will actually fork a penny over for a re-release.

They said that there's another patch coming around the same time as the re-release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I ll wait then, most who say its running perfect are using a 970, a much stronger card than mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I just wrote this up for the Gaming section, but wanted to show it for the PC gamers too.
    So, I finally picked this up for PC after hearing the recent patch fixed a lot of the performance issues. Overall, I'm actually quite impressed. So impressed I wanted to write up a bit of a late review for those wondering if it was worth picking up.
    I'll try and avoid any spoilers but I have attached a few screenshots from my own play through.
    For the record, specs are GTX 970, i5 4690k and 8GB RAM.

Gameplay
    A vast improvement over the previous games, especially Arkham Origins. Combat is a lot more fluid than previously, counters work a lot better. Sometimes it's possible to feel a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of abilities to know and have ready for all possible encounters.
    The Batmobile is amazing fun to drive around in -but- the game feels a bit to reliant on it. It's very convenient that the Riddler just happens to have set up a bunch of challenges that will involve the Batmobile, however the experience is still quite fun for the most part.

Graphics
    Again, this is the PC port and despite the absolute disaster that was the release of the game, Arkham City looks astonishing. Minor threads of clothing can be seen on virtually all NPCs and Batman himself, and the sheer level of detail on characters is amazing.
    Scarecrow looks incredible. Even in the in-game conversations with other characters look great, here's on of Batman himself.
    The transition from game to cinematic is incredibly fluid and Poison Ivy looks amazing.
    They've added an option to the Graphics options to run at either 30fps or 60fps, and I'm pleased to say it really does run at 60fps consistently with the odd dips when fighting a lot of Militia guys.

Story
    Is not bad at all, I'm yet to finish the game, having done about 60% of the main story line and so far it's been a good story line.
    This screenshot is a spoiler, so click at your own risk. Clicky here and here are part of an great part of the story line and the parts afterwards are brilliant too.

Overall
    Go buy it if you're a Batman fan. Do it. Now. I'm a massive Batman fan and always have been, and this is a great game with a good and invoking story line.
    This is by far the best of the Batman games yet. A lot of mistakes were made when it was first released, but I'll give credit to WB and the Developers for what is actually a great game.

Rereleased 28th of october.

• Advertisement

So, today's the big day for the Arkham Knight patch... Anyone managed to try it yet? Won't get to till I get home. Looking forward to the 1989 Batmobile, and to seeing what all the excitement over the DLC was brief challenge maps they've given us.

Advertisement