Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Knight (performance issues)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apparently doesn't go live until 5pm our time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I actually finished it a few days ago with near 100% completion, I think about 96% or so.

Aside from the odd stutter, it's a bloody good Batman game with a great story too. Well worth the money, though I propose waiting for the Steam sales just to annoy WB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ I think never buying it will annoy them more. Dunno why everyone's is so at-the-ready to spend money on this after they lied and showed contempt for this part of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2.4gb patch just started downloading.

Looking forward to playing it.

Post from Warner Bros. with the Steam and PC update.
    Greetings Batman: Arkham Fans!

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is back up and available today! We are genuinely thankful to the Batman: Arkham fans, the Steam Batman: Arkham Community, and the PC Players who have patiently waited for this day. As a show of our appreciation to our fans in this process, we are pleased to announce three community focused programs to help us commemorate the re-launch of the game.

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

Seeing as our community was a great help in getting the game up and running, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles. Stay tuned for more details on this in the Batman: Arkham Community and Social Channels.

Finally, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Valve and the Team Fortress 2 team for a special cross-game promotion. Through November 16, 2015, Valve will be running a contest for the Steam community to create Batman: Arkham themed cosmetic items for Team Fortress 2. The winning items will be given out to those who purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam before the end of the contest. You can check out the official TF2 blog for all the contest details!

To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:
    Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
    The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
    The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm pretty happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Personally? No. It's a bull**** 'apology' consolation. I have all the Arkham games already, as I'm a massive fan of the series. Look at Ubisoft. They messed up AC Unity last year. Those affected were given free DLC (which was a pretty decent addition to the game) or if you had prepurchased it via the Season Pass, you were given a choice of Far Cry 4, The Crew and some other AAA game. Bear in mind that FC4 had just been released and was worth double what you would have paid for the season pass.

Games that I already own (and won't get giftable copies of, no doubt), DLC for a game I don't play and 'Community Challenge' DLC in 3 months time? Not really an adequate response to having a game that was non functioning, in the way it was on other platforms, for more than 4 months.

I could in in the minority, but I can't imagine anyone who bought this game who hasn't already played, or owned, the previous games in the series, bar maybe Blackgate, which isn't great, and is the only one I've not completed from the series.

And on that note, I just gave it a go. Still stuttering on medium detail for me. I'm running a GTX 960, which isn't the highest spec card in the world, but I can still run Metal Gear Solid on nearly full settings without a hitch. I honestly have never been this disappointed in a game in a long, long time. I thought the game was fantastic and I endured the issues as I am a massive fan of the Arkham games, and I was all geared up for a NG+ but I was hoping to see it a bit clearer, as I was getting a lot of slow down, and texture pop in on the Low setting I played the game on originally. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Got a 9.9 gb update now.

chrislad wrote: »
    G Not really an adequate response to having a game that was non functioning, in the way it was on other platforms, for more than 4 months.

What is an adequate response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I didn't notice any update today but the game isn't giving me the option to update manually. Is there a way to check on steam that it has the most recent version of the game?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What is an adequate response?

For one, proper time frames throughout the whole process from when they botched things up. There were just vague timelines. Second, not having a still brokenish game after all this time would have been nice. Thirdly, Ubisofts response to their issues was much better than this, as I already said. WB could easily have given away Mad Max, Mortal Kombat X, Shadow of Mordoe, Lego Jurassic Park, Lego Batman 3 or the Season Pass. Any of these would have been something better as really, who buys the third game in a trilogy or the fifth game in a series without having played the previous ones?

That said, I don't really care. I'm not upset by the whole situation nor will I be avoid WB in the future or cursing them for forums for decades to come. I just thinks the whole situation was handled very poorly and their communication was terrible. They knew they had a substandard product and launched it anyway. Even now, it's still not as good as the console versions on my machine, which isn't a top of the line pc, but can run every other new AAA game like Mad Max, Phantom Pain etc at full detail.

This is the thing. The game is still broken, it would have been slammed for on initial release if it was like this (it's just better than it was).

There is no reason whatsoever that this game should not run, on at least medium, on a 1GB 6870 with things like ambient debris turned off.
    Shadow of Mordor and all other Arkham games run on full spec on that card and all of a sudden it's below minimum specification?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

i didnt see any free games available on steam yet for me, i have the since launch

This is the thing. The game is still broken, it would have been slammed for on initial release if it was like this (it's just better than it was).

There is no reason whatsoever that this game should not run, on at least medium, on a 1GB 6870 with things like ambient debris turned off.
    Shadow of Mordor and all other Arkham games run on full spec on that card and all of a sudden it's below minimum specification?

Agreed. I have all the extra Nvidia stuff turned off, and everything set to medium and it lags straight away. On Low, it lags still, but not as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

levitronix wrote: »
    i didnt see any free games available on steam yet for me, i have the since launch
    They have only stated so far that it will happen soon.

That's the card I have and I can't justify upgrading when at this point it's clear I'd be better off getting a PS4 if I want to play games like Arkham Knight in the knowledge that it'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's the card I have and I can't justify upgrading when at this point it's clear I'd be better off getting a PS4 if I want to play games like Arkham Knight in the knowledge that it'll work.

News out now is that they're abandoning it the same as origins, this is as good as it's getting.

Tried it other night and still the same, tbh its like trying to play a new game your PC cant run but still persisting.

ULTRA System Requirements
    OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    Graphics Memory: 4 GB
    DirectX®: 11
    Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
    Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

my specs

I7 5960 extreme YES
    16Gb Ram YES
    290X2 YES

And still feels like my PC cant run it. its playable but not if that makes sense, my pc should be able to see peoples fcuking eyeballs.

Varik wrote: »
    News out now is that they're abandoning it the same as origins, this is as good as it's getting.

Well this was a bullet dodged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Steam refunds extended until December regardless of how much time you have spent in game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/490124466466860269/

• Advertisement

What was the issue with Origins? Other than turning off environmental debris animation it ran perfectly for me

Yeah, for Origins, after the patch that fixed progress stopping bugs like climbing in the air vents it worked pretty okay. Think the only other place I had issues was with some of the side missions where you'd beat up the guys but none of them would give you the info. They might've fixed it after I finished playing the game.

Steam reviews en-masse marked as pre-release

Way to kill the very last iota of respect I had for you Rocksteady and Warner Bros. I was pretty sure I'd never buy from them again but now I'm absolutely sure. Bloody hell.

Good god, they really just keeping digging a whole deeper and deeper.

It's a damn shame really, because it's actually the best of the series by far. I'm lucky enough to have a PC that could run it decently, though I did have to restart it every hour or so because it eats RAM like a drunk in an open bar.

I got the odd stutter but it was actually a bloody good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

So this means it will be my final attempt to play the game, last week it wasnt working on a 270x , i really wana get stuck into it but it might have to wait till after xmas when i upgrade again

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Good god, they really just keeping digging a whole deeper and deeper.

It's a damn shame really, because it's actually the best of the series by far. I'm lucky enough to have a PC that could run it decently, though I did have to restart it every hour or so because it eats RAM like a drunk in an open bar.

I got the odd stutter but it was actually a bloody good game.

Agreed, I really enjoyed the game, to the point that I was overly forgiving to the slowdown, frame jumps, and having to play on Low quality. Fantastic gameplay end to the series, let down by lazy optimization.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I played it completely through from start to finish on an R9 280x without coming across a single bug. This was when it was first released before any patches. I must be one of the lucky ones...
    I haven't actually played it with any patches as the end game is kinda boring and I have no interest in playing it again.

chrislad wrote: »
    Agreed, I really enjoyed the game, to the point that I was overly forgiving to the slowdown, frame jumps, and having to play on Low quality. Fantastic gameplay end to the series, let down by lazy optimization.

I do often find myself wondering just how it got so bad. The QA guys acknowledged it wasn't in a good state a few weeks before the launch so I'm baffled they wouldn't just delay the release and do it properly.

These days they rely too heavily on patches so they can launch it on time.. Sure how many games these days have multi gig day 1 patches?

• Advertisement

What annoys me most is I actually want to play this game, I have completed all the others and enjoyed them.

In gamer terms I have "scratched disc" and the person who sold it to me wont do anything about it.

Highly unlikely to buy another WB pc game until well after its out.

Advertisement