Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Knight (performance issues)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

And in the least surprising news of the day...

Sources: Warner Bros. Knew That Arkham Knight PC Was a Mess For Months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This is what happens when you have people running companies who dont understand what it is their company makes and sells.

In the past, a person would have a profession and a business. Their business would grow and they could potentially end up as a CEO have a large and successful company that they built when it was just them. But they still understand their product even though they dont do the nitty gritty any more. Because they used to make it themselves.

Now, you have CEO's and managers who are headhunted from other industries because "they are successful"....and transplanted into a company of which they have zero knowledge. And it leads to disasters like this.

They knew what condition the game was in. And sold it anyway. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sorry but no, **** this archive link nonsense.

Had Kotaku not reached out to people within WB or been open to contact with them, there would be no confirmation of the publishers negligence on the PC port. This is the kind of reporting that should be encouraged not stubbornly "boycotted" because some people got offended at some articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmmm, 2 anonymous sources for that article.

I'd have little fath in Kotaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

i tried to play last night in medium low settings on a r9 270x and fighting was impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

levitronix wrote: »
    i tried to play last night in medium low settings on a r9 270x and fighting was impossible

Try editing the ini file and turning off blur. Made it pretty playable (on low settings, 720p, with occasional stuttering) on my old 7870, so the R9 270x should manage it much better.

Digital Foundry have an article up on it now...

What does it take to run Arkham Knight smoothly on PC?

Nothing overly surprising but there are some links to the recommended ini changes that may be helpful for some folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 brensplit

Guys if you are having problems with PC (which most are)

This thread is a godsend, I have it working at a playable level now:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=467817222

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

gizmo wrote: »
    Sorry but no, **** this archive link nonsense.

Had Kotaku not reached out to people within WB or been open to contact with them, there would be no confirmation of the publishers negligence on the PC port. This is the kind of reporting that should be encouraged not stubbornly "boycotted" because some people got offended at some articles.

You don't have to click the archive link, y'know.
    This is the kind of reporting that should be encouraged

Please don't get me started on this. I don't give a damn about encouraging Kotaku to do anything but go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Message from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

11 July - gary.lake-schaal

We have heard the PC gaming community outcry of disappointment for the initial launch of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. Again, we would like to apologize to you, the fans, and let you know that we are taking full responsibility for releasing a product that did not meet our quality standards, which is why we suspended sales of the game as soon as we understood the issues. The Batman: Arkham Knight fans are extremely important to us and our highest priority is ensuring PC users get the full, high quality experience of Batman: Arkham Knight they deserve. Rocksteady Studios has created an amazing game with Batman: Arkham Knight and they are now working closely with us and our partners to ensure that we offer the same experience on PC. Once the PC version is fully updated, Rocksteady and all parties will agree that it meets a superior quality bar and we will then make the game available for sale.

Addressing the PC performance issues is still our top priority and at this time, we believe we have identified a number of fixes for the larger issues that were affecting PC players at launch. These fixes are currently being implemented into the game and once we have been able to do some initial testing, we’ll have a better idea on the status of our progress. We’ll provide an update on how things are developing next week.

We can also assure you that because of this latest launch, we are modifying the internal review process for all of our games. For those who are waiting for the updated version of the game on PC, please know that we are working on this every day. For the players who are continuing to play Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, fixes are continually being made to the game as we await the final updated version.

Our continued focus on getting the right PC fixes in place for the main game has had an impact on the development of all DLC content for the PC version of the game. This means that the Batman: Arkham Knight – Batgirl: A Matter of Family DLC will not be available on July 14 for those who are currently playing the PC version of the game. We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect.

Thanks again for your continued patience, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145588947502686164

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

11699004_919234318116022_2132751446810171915_o.jpg

11698961_919234324782688_646142234091571120_o.jpg

11713690_919234344782686_3307597266994706291_o.jpg

Zee benchmark....it lies!!!!

Runs like a dog :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dreamers75 wrote: »

The benchmark test in the game is so funny because it doesn't even reflect the in-game performance. The game itself is locked to 30 FPS while the benchmark wasn't frame locked so many gamers were scratching their heads saying they could get 60 FPS in the benchmark but not the game.

Everything looks like a cardboard cut out there in the second image

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have you tried turning off motion blur in the .ini file? It made a massive difference for me, and the game went from totally unplayable to running quite well (for an hour or two till the memory leak happens) straight away.

Kiith wrote: »
    Have you tried turning off motion blur in the .ini file? It made a massive difference for me, and the game went from totally unplayable to running quite well (for an hour or two till the memory leak happens) straight away.

Havent touched anything only finished origins tonight so no rush on this one.

Will have a look at the tweaks later in the week, just wanted to see how bad it was :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

few that i know have this on xbox one and ps4 and its being criticised for too much use of the batmobile??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah it's very heavy on the use of the batmobile

I wouldn't say it's that bad. You do use it a fair amount, but i found myself only using it for drone fights, and to launch myself across the city. Much more fun gliding around. If you are playing it, upgrade it pretty early on and you'll fly through any encounters.

Nothing expected for 6 weeks, cant link but its on pcgamer website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nothing expected for 6 weeks, cant link but its on pcgamer website.

Was it this info?
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/07/batman-arkham-knight-wont-be-fixed-on-pc-until-spring-claims-leaked-email/

Spring in Australia so Autumn here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jaysus I'll be finished the game by then.

I have witcher 2,3 and when is Fallout out? Batman will be a Steam sale purchase some time next year

Even tho it wasnt great i just finished origins and have all others completed. Im gonna hang back on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Other than being locked at 30fps, I haven't had any difficulties running this game.

It's actually really good once you do get it running well. Shame they ****ed up the performance so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finally! Did a full install of Windows 10 and it worked! Seems to have been a clash in my old video drivers and new. I did remove them and do a cclean after but still, working now! Performance seems okay. Few frame drops in the batmobile but nothing too major.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Scratch that. Major issues. Massive slowdown once I play more than an hour. It's a shame as the game is fantastic, much better than Arkham City. Hopefully the August patch will fix things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i have this sitting in my library since April, never even got round to installing as i was away the week it released, and returned to the issues it has.

I'm wondering, should i bother at all installing it yet (I know there's a patch this month), or should i give it a go? When they changed the specs the night before release, i suddenly didn't have a good enough CPU or GPU for minimum...

I have an i5 3570k and PowerColor Radeon HD7850 v2 2GB GDDR5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can't see it being playable on that GPU, even now

Advertisement