Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Knight (performance issues)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Has anyone resolved the 0xc000007b issue? I can't even get the game to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Funny reading the statement on steam ! Most gaming pc's cost on average double the cost of a console but we're to have comparable gaming experience to the platforms, if the patches are downloaded . Excuse me for wanting a better experience when gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

chrislad wrote: »
    Has anyone resolved the 0xc000007b issue? I can't even get the game to start!

Are you running a 32bit system?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/error-the-application-was-unable-to-start/05a2b904-3f61-4d08-94d6-e2ff92161111

lulzordan wrote: »

Nope, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, fully up to date with Windows Update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Nope, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, fully up to date with Windows Update.
    Have you made any changes to the config files?

• Advertisement

Have you made any changes to the config files?

No, I've changed absolutely nothing. I've downloaded the game 3 times now (I preloaded, when that didn't work, I deleted local content and downloaded again. When that didn't work, I did a Verify Files in the Steam client, which downloaded everything again).

The only thing is that the game doesn't try to install C++ libraries when starting, the way most games would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

In a third-person action game? That's like playing an FPS with a joystick.

No, it's not.
    Iit works perfectly fine for me, been playing games that way for years. Mouse in left hand, keyboard in right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kiith wrote: »
    It's not true. Someone did a load of tests and found it didn't cause any issues to your SSD. The DRM on this is completely unnoticeable as far as i'm concerned. Start it from Steam, and it play's just fine.

That's because you've got the steam client running, an online connection and the files have been verified. I loathe DRM. I often move files around in my machine and even steam's light DRM makes it a nightmare. Not to mention when I don't have an internet connection or like to control exactly what is allowed to access the internet. Single player games needing to check with a server really pisses the sht out of me.

With the Denuvo DRM, it's just another stricter layer to have to deal with. I have never and will never support that kind of anti-consumer malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I am new to PC gaming so I am forcing myself to use mouse and keyboard for nearly every game I've played so far. I am thinking I'll use the controller for this due to the batmobile being easier to control although I am getting on grand with mouse and keyboard.

I'm a PC gamer for a very very long time. One of the great things about PC is the choice of controller for the different tasks. I usually use a controller for the third-person action games that don't really have any aiming (like Assassin's Creed and Batman). Having said that, on the previous Arkham games the Mouse and Keyboard controls were very good.
    Denuvo DRM is some serious feck. It's why I never bought Max Payne 3.

Max Payne 3 doesn't have Denuvo.

FIFA 15, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Battlefield Hardline are the games with Denuvo

I meant in terms of an extra layer on top of steam. It has R* which I dislike, also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's because you've got the steam client running, an online connection and the files have been verified. I loathe DRM. I often move files around in my machine and even steam's light DRM makes it a nightmare. Not to mention when I don't have an internet connection or like to control exactly what is allowed to access the internet. Single player games needing to check with a server really pisses the sht out of me.

If you want to play offline, go offline. It's literally 3 clicks in Steam. Fair enough if you don't like it, but it's not exactly hard to work around it.

As for the performance, it's pretty ridiculous when the PS4 version looks better then the PC version. WB released a statement basically saying if it's not running well, turn off all the settings and hope for the best. Their recommended specs are stupidly over the top as well. Basically, this is one of the most badly optimised ports we've had in years.

They also knew the game was an absolute mess before launch, which is why new reviewers got the pc copy before release. ****ty tactic by WB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Was having bad performance until I updated to the newest nvidia driver, now getting 80-100 fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes it seems they are saying that the PC version is running as intended so I doubt this will ever be fixed.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update-on-PC-Performance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/td-p/572903

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Indeed. It's like we're in bizarro world...console graphics are better then the PC? Ugh, i don't like it one bit :P

Seriously though, i doubt they care. They'll try and get the performance up to a reasonable level, and then just leave it. Now to be fair, it still looks decent, and they may allow us to activate the High texture settings to make it look at least on bar with the consoles, but it's still an absolute mess.

Just another example of a AAA game being released way before it's ready.

If only all games were like Witcher 3 :(

Kiith wrote: »
    If you want to play offline, go offline. It's literally 3 clicks in Steam. Fair enough if you don't like it, but it's not exactly hard to work around it.

I don't think that's a fair attitude to have about DRM. It's not just about that. It makes it harder to back up and move files around. I wanted to RAM disk a free to play game on steam... just to do some benchmarks on loading time differences. Steam absolutely would not accept that I had moved the game. This is annoying enough to have to ask "Please mr steam, may I play my game here?" and verify the new location... but for some reason with this free to play game it wouldn't even verify that. So I just deleted the whole lot and downloaded the standalone launcher from the official site. No more steam achievements or anything but I can still add it as a non steam game if I really want that overlay (I don't for that title). And finally after getting rid of all that I was able to do some benchmarks and move the game anywhere I pleased.

Then there comes the issue of modifying games.

DRM is restrictive in more ways than one. "Ah sure there's an offline mode". The offline mode still requires you have the steam client installed, an account which you had to have gotten online and logged into online at least once on that system.

I'm really just digging DRM-free games lately. It's too bad things like batman will very rarely be listed on GOG or anything. Having small point and click games on a USB stick and them actually being playable from it is just wonderful to me :D

The response from WB is pretty insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The response from WB is pretty insulting.

This and the fool from the company that did the PC port, calling people who complained "babies" just show what they think of there customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They actually don't seem to think there's any issue on their end with an Unreal Engine 3 game running at 30fps all low settings @720P with frame drop on a HD7950...

What was the QA team smoking when they gave this the green light for release? They had to have known they'd screwed it up badly before launch.

That response is seriously insulting to PC Gamers. Not one utterance or hint of of an apology for performance issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Venom wrote: »
    This and the fool from the company that did the PC port, calling people who complained "babies" just show what they think of there customers.

That "babies" story turned out to be false. It wasn't someone involved with the game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They actually don't seem to think there's any issue on their end with an Unreal Engine 3 game running at 30fps all low settings @720P with frame drop on a HD7950...

What was the QA team smoking when they gave this the green light for release? They had to have known they'd screwed it up badly before launch.

That response is seriously insulting to PC Gamers. Not one utterance or hint of of an apology for performance issues.
    To be fair, the work Rocksteady have done to the UE3 engine is pretty fantastic, technically speaking. That being said, the issues being encountered have nothing to do with the engine of choice here, it'll solely be down to the port work carried out by Iron Galaxy.

With regard to QA, do you really think they give the green light on projects like this? Of course they knew it was screwed up, WB just wanted it out the door and there wasn't a thing they could have said or done to stop them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

No wonder WB agreed to the deal with Nvidia to give the game away free with certain cards. They must have got a tidy sum for that.

This is why i dont pre order anymore,cant trust these companies to deliver,on day one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

EoinHef wrote: »
    No wonder WB agreed to the deal with Nvidia to give the game away free with certain cards. They must have got a tidy sum for that.

This is why i dont pre order anymore,cant trust these companies to deliver,on day one anyway.
    I'd love to know what went on there to be honest. I mean, despite the deal with Nvidia, the game still doesn't support the GeForce Experience optimisation, hardly the best endorsement for the platform. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

gizmo wrote: »
    I'd love to know what went on there to be honest. I mean, despite the deal with Nvidia, the game still doesn't support the GeForce Experience optimisation, hardly the best endorsement for the platform. :o

Geforce experience optimisation works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gizmo wrote: »

Yeah having access early to the code surely Nvidia knew what state the game was in. I find it strange that they decided to partner with WB at that point to give the game away considering they should have known how the game would run badly a most cards,even there own. To me that just damages the reputation of gamesworks and nvidia game ready drivers considering they had early access to the code.

Who knows though,maybe its all on WB and they decided to do something stupid and Nvidia had no way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I'm downloading it slowly on steam because my internet connection is crap. Every time i switch off the computer my amount downloaded returns to zero and i have to start all over again.

Anyone else getting this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Green Man Gaming are saying they'll give refunds to customers who are still unhappy with performance, but only after the first patch drops. Still, far better than their usual "no refund policy".
    I'm downloading it slowly on steam because my internet connection is crap. Every time i switch off the computer my amount downloaded returns to zero and i have to start all over again.

Anyone else getting this?

I've seen one or two people on other forums complain about it alright, but didn't really dig into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Dair76 wrote: »
    Green Man Gaming are saying they'll give refunds to customers who are still unhappy with performance, but only after the first patch drops. Still, far better than their usual "no refund policy".

I've seen one or two people on other forums complain about it alright, but didn't really dig into it.

I saw a bit on the steam forums about it, it seems to be an issue for a few people. I currently don't have time to play the game, but i'd at least like to have the option to download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

EoinHef wrote: »
    Yeah having access early to the code surely Nvidia knew what state the game was in. I find it strange that they decided to partner with WB at that point to give the game away considering they should have known how the game would run badly a most cards,even there own.

One of the biggest questions is around this video. It was only released two weeks ago and shows the game running at 60fps and with features that aren't even in the final PC release. They would have known at that stage. Not sure how Nvidia can explain that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Top comment for that video
    Apparently, the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60 FPS. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed. They just used the music to cover the fact.

He's right, I can hear the sped up voices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Squaredude wrote: »
    Geforce experience optimisation works for me

Me too. I ended up adding in the dreaded gameworks features manually as I have a dual GPU setup, but the basics loaded just fine.
    Mouse in left hand, keyboard in right.

OK, I don't know what we're going to do with you.

Advertisement