Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman: Arkham Knight (performance issues)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Okay, so I finally have something playable. 55-70 FPS and very stable.

Disabled SLI and dedicated 1 GPU for PhysX.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Rocksteady and "external PC development partner" investigating Batman: Arkham Knight performance issues

Interesting. Seems like Rocksteady weren't even the ones working on the PC port, it was Iron Galaxy again, the studio who previously worked on the PC port of Origins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The port of Origins was supposed to be very good, so it's surprising that this is such an absolute mess. I'll be home in an hour or so, and will see if i can play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

For PC user on AMD :

some indication AMD have released beta drivers out with reports of improvement(they are beta drivers, and maybe cause issues, and are not fully signed of release)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So apparently a WB employee in the marketing area, is calling PC players babies for criticising the game's launch faults.

link for size reasons: http://a.loveisover.me/szcrka.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kiith wrote: »
    The port of Origins was supposed to be very good, so it's surprising that this is such an absolute mess. I'll be home in an hour or so, and will see if i can play it.
    I played it well after release and while it was stable by then, there were some game breaking bugs present. One of the biggest issues was that, despite some issues persisting, WB announced they were stopping development on the bug fixing side of things and focusing on more DLC content. This somewhat cheap approach to the PC port side of things seems to have gotten worse this time around. It appears IG just didn't get enough time to iron out all the problems with the PC build, nevermind the additional problems of having Gameworks foisted upon them.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

My Arkhan Origins save file got corrupted after several hours, forcing me to restart my game game, but immeadiately after this the game would crash shortly after reaching the menu's, I think while loading the save profiles.

I was only able to access the multiplayer which booted up seperately.

I tried reinstalling, updating drivers, tried a completely new save file, tried after a fresh install of windows but could never get the issue fixed. Have had 100's of game on PC and this is the only one I've never been able to fix. Reading on the offical forums, the issue seemed to be quite widespread.

As a result I will not be purchasing another Warner Brothers published game again (got Arkham Knight free with a graphics card though.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeah, I'm having awful performance issues. Pretty sure it's the motion blur thing causing lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I can't even get to the stage where there's performance issues! The game won't even launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GTX660ti

1080p, V-sync and AA on. Normal textures, high shadows, high detail. Paper Debris and Enhanced Rain turned on. Getting solid 30fps ( apart from when spinning the camera around in the batmobile it tanks for some reason)

Don't know what all the fuss is about.

• Advertisement

Wow, that's as bad a pc game as i've ever seen. Absolutely abysmal performance, and this is on a machine that happily ran Witcher 3 at near max settings. Even turning settings down pretty much all the way, it won't run.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    It's pretty unplayaqble for a whole lot of people. And not just the usual pc issues with launches. Seems like there's more people who can't play it than can.

ShaneU wrote: »
    GTX660ti

1080p, V-sync and AA on. Normal textures, high shadows, high detail. Paper Debris and Enhanced Rain turned on. Getting solid 30fps ( apart from when spinning the camera around in the batmobile it tanks for some reason)

7yyKX4j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Well for someone who can play Witcher 3 at medium to high settings, this game is pretty much unplayable. I don't have an FPS counter, but the benchmark was sub 30, and in the game it drops to single digits. I've changed the FPS cap and disabled VSync, but no joy.

i7 2600k
    8GB RAM
    R9 280x 3GB.

Tell me these specs aren't below minimum?

Install the beta AMD drivers if you can. I just did it, and have gotten a massive FPS increase. It's actually quite playable now, at 1080p with settings to high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

No in game mouse sensitivity setting. You have to go into the config files :eek:

WTF are you doing playing a Batman game with a mouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

A lot of pc users use mouse and keyboard combo. Done it for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Well for someone who can play Witcher 3 at medium to high settings, this game is pretty much unplayable. I don't have an FPS counter, but the benchmark was sub 30, and in the game it drops to single digits. I've changed the FPS cap and disabled VSync, but no joy.

Are you using the latest catalyst? 15.6 made a huge difference on my end with a R290X

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So it looks like Rocksteady outsourced the PC Port to another company, with a staff of 11 people.
    And one of the heads of Marketing has been taking shots at people calling them "babies" for expecting the game to be playable at launch. https://i.imgur.com/ObF1VKl.png

I'm happy I didn't preorder this game, but annoyed because I really wanted to pick it up.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am new to PC gaming so I am forcing myself to use mouse and keyboard for nearly every game I've played so far. I am thinking I'll use the controller for this due to the batmobile being easier to control although I am getting on grand with mouse and keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Anyone heard any more on the DRM potentially being the issue?

• Advertisement

Dair76 wrote: »
    Anyone heard any more on the DRM potentially being the issue?

Denuvo DRM is some serious feck. It's why I never bought Max Payne 3. Word on the internet street is that it reduces the lifespan of SSDs by making reads/writes in the form of encrypting and decrypting files constantly. It also apparently needs constant internet connection. In other words it just has to check every few seconds that you're a legit customer... so it treats people who actually bought the game very suspiciously... ironically something that eye-patch wearers won't have to deal with when the game gets ahem... "split". gg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

lulzordan wrote: »
    Are you using the latest catalyst? 15.6 made a huge difference on my end with a R290X

Does that mean I have to uninstall the current catalyst (14.12)? It's not letting me install the new driver otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Denuvo DRM is some serious feck. It's why I never bought Max Payne 3. Word on the internet street is that it reduces the lifespan of SSDs by making reads/writes in the form of encrypting and decrypting files constantly. It also apparently needs constant internet connection. In other words it just has to check every few seconds that you're a legit customer... so it treats people who actually bought the game very suspiciously... ironically something that eye-patch wearers won't have to deal with when the game gets ahem... "split". gg

Was just reading up on it there - sounds like a cluster**** alright. And as you say, legit customers are the only ones who have to deal with it - arrr mateys just bypass the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Does that mean I have to uninstall the current catalyst (14.12)? It's not letting me install the new driver otherwise.

Yep, you can see how to uninstall them here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

And then download the relevant ones from here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

I'm not sure which GPU you're using, but they really made a difference on mine. It went from 20-25 when driving to 45-60 (after unlocking the fps cap)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

No fan of pointless DRM myself but I was of the impression that neither of these thing turned out to be true in the end?

It's not true. Someone did a load of tests and found it didn't cause any issues to your SSD. The DRM on this is completely unnoticeable as far as i'm concerned. Start it from Steam, and it play's just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

surely they will get this optimised asap?? how the heck can either next gen consoles be playing this perfectly and high end rigs are struggling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

A lot of pc users use mouse and keyboard combo. Done it for years.

In a third-person action game? That's like playing an FPS with a joystick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Each to their own really, I'd play almost everything with keyboard and mouse though I think I would find playing a more beat-em-up rather than shooting type action like Batman challenging.

I have a friend who back in the days of Unreal Tournament '99 used to play with one of these! :eek:

red-dot-computer.jpeg?w=580

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Each to their own really, I'd play almost everything with keyboard and mouse though I think I would find playing a more beat-em-up rather than shooting type action like Batman challenging.

I have a friend who back in the days of Unreal Tournament '99 used to play with one of these! :eek:

red-dot-computer.jpeg?w=580
    is that a nubbin?? ;)

Advertisement