Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I wonder if a rain delay would help Federer. Some awful UFEs from him!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm finding these rallies a bit painful to watch. Roger just has to work so much harder for the point.

Yes, and he's not playing the balls deep enough making Djokovic's returns easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Roger taking massive risks on the 2nd serve but he has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

This is just fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Roger taking massive risks on the 2nd serve but he has to.

And it paid off, did great to win that tie-break.

Now back to the celebs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fed fine from 6-3 down to taking the second 12-10 must have saved at least six set points

Very biased crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1-1
    Best player since sliced bread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I'm finding these rallies a bit painful to watch. Roger just has to work so much harder for the point.

Lol

COME ON ROGER!!!!!!! My nerves are shredded!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

How the hell did Federer win that set? Incredible tennis from both guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Federer was the better player in the second set ,Djokovic is getting a bit ragged now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Roger is a champion great come back to take that tie break. Novak with some many chances.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great fighting from Fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Novak had 8 set points!! How Federer won that tiebreak is beyond me!! Absolutely brilliant, don't care who wins this if we get quality like this for the next 2/3 sets!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,042 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Great. I still feel that Fed is hanging in and Nole is winning. Too many soft points Fed giving up mid rally with unforced errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Gifted a break..kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Awful miss. Turning point there.

Ah Roger,thats unforgiveable.
    Should be a break up instead a break down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At this pace they'll be here when the lights come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Absolutely incredible tiebreak!! Amazing tennis from both. It had everything. Federer saved 7 set points. Wow.

Djokovic was stepping up the quality of groundstrokes and it was looking like Federer was making too many errors and wasn't fast enough getting across the baseline but he found a way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That rain looks strong enough for a break.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Rain delay on the way possibly to feds advantage?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You would hope. Hopefully Rog gets and advantage from the roof as well.

Stheno wrote: »
    Rain delay on the way possibly to feds advantage?

Possibly! Djokovic has to serve first after the break, might have cooled down a little. Could be a good opportunity for Federer to break back.

walshb wrote: »
    Great. I still feel that Fed is hanging in and Nole is winning. Too many soft points Fed giving up mid rally with unforced errors.

I wouldnt agree.
    Federer has had more break points, djokovic is having to work much harder on his serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

murpho999 wrote: »
    I actually think the coverage is awful. All slick Sky Sports style. Celeb spotting in the crowd. Commentary now on about Battersea power station, nothing of substance in relation to the match.

Think Henman and Roddick are providing plenty of technical analysis. Castle is there to appeal to casual fans. I know a lot of people can't stand him but it's about a balance. I've heard Castle do "proper" tennis chat and commentary and he's very knowledgable but he's there to facilitate Henman and Roddick's analysis, not give his own. Most people watching aren't avid tennis fans and Wimbledon might be the only tennis they watch in a year. Castle knows this is the audience- that's why you get comments on the ball kids, celebs, the crowd on Henman Hill, the roof, explaining the rules etc. Sky and Eurosport can go more in-depth and technical because that's what the audience wants. A BBC1 audience is broad and they have to strike a balance to appeal to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,042 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wouldnt agree.
    Federer has had more break points, djokovic is having to work much harder on his serve.

That has been true, but it's not just that. Nole is more the boss and looks stronger.

Federer needs to start doing more with his break points.

He has had 2 terrible service games ,one in the first set and one in the third and they have basically cost him both sets.
    Djokovic is having to work harder on his serve and save more break points but he is grinding better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Expecting Federer to be broken soon and lose this in 4 sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I think someone in the crowd just orgasmed.

Advertisement