Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm going Fed in........ 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Andy Roddick is in!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I want Roddick to play and win now :pac:

My favourite player and a great addition to the team. Such a breathe of fresh air :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Great build up by the bbc, as usual.
    Really adds to the anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Andy Roddick is very good on the TV. Seems very comfortable as if he has been doing it a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Come on Roger!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Really can't wait for this. Couldn't be better set up with both players in such great form.

Federer will need to maintain that incredible level of Friday and serve as well as he has throughout the fortnight. Only broken once out of 90 service games.

Djokovic's fitness and returning ability will make things extremely difficult for Roger. If the expected rain comes, Novak has won 21 matches in a row on an indoor court.

Would love to see Roger do it. This has to be his best chance of winning another Slam. I'm going with Federer in 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Andy Roddick has been the best thing about the BBC's coverage this year. Such a breath of fresh air and has brought great insight, brilliant analysis and humour. So polished and comfortable on screen as well. Hope he's back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Andy Roddick has been the best thing about the BBC's coverage this year. Such a breath of fresh air and has brought great insight, brilliant analysis and humour. So polished and comfortable on screen as well. Hope he's back next year.

Agree totally, Andrew Castle offers nothing, one of the worst commentators I've ever seen in any sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Federer breaks and then he gifts Djokovic a break back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Edberg has barely aged at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Love to see Fed do this but that shot by Djokovic to take the first point in the tie break was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Djokovic just hits it too deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Fed crumbled a bit in that breaker but Djok is on a different level to anything he's played at Wimbledon so far...the bastard.

Federer bound to be disappointed with that tie break

Next set is crucial.

Fed crumbled a bit in that breaker but Djok is on a different level to anything he's played at Wimbledon so far...the bastard.

Federer is playing too cautiously ,has to be much more aggressive against Djokovic.

Cooler conditions doing Fed no favours ,court is very slow today.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,039 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nole is far from pretty, but damn effective. Forget te long rallies, Fed, Nole wins all day. You gotta try win withing 4-5 shots. Nole served so well set 1. If that continues I think Fed is in big trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Comments here are laughable. No one is running away with anything. Little to choose between them other than a tie breaker in which Fed let his level drop but could have easily been a set up prior to the tb. This match is far from over. Both players playing great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Excellent winner from Djokovic there to hold.

Federer should have won that game ,not taking his break point opportunities

• Advertisement

Comments here are laughable. No one is running away with anything. Little to choose between them other than a tie breaker in which Fed let his level drop but could have easily been a set up prior to the tb. This match is far from over. Both players playing great.

Maybe, but it''s Djokovic who's upping at the right time to win crucial points that 's the difference.

Immediately breaking Federer after losing his serve, saving 2 set points, tie break and now just preventing a Fedrerer break, and he's also making less errors that Federer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

murpho999 wrote: »
    Maybe, but it''s Djokovic who's upping at the right time to win crucial points that 's the difference.

Immediately breaking Federer after losing his serve, saving 2 set points, tie break and now just preventing a Fedrerer break, and he's also making less errors that Federer.

I didn't saying he wasn't playing better but you would think reading some of the posts here that Djoko was steamrolling him.

I didn't saying he wasn't playing better but you would think reading some of the posts here that Djoko was steamrolling him.

Nobody here said anything like that.

BBC are almost as bad as RTE for the GAA cutting to someone in the crowd after every shot instead of showing replays .

Nobody here said anything like that.

BBC are almost as bad as RTE for the GAA cutting to someone in the crowd after every shot instead of showing replays .

I actually think the coverage is awful. All slick Sky Sports style. Celeb spotting in the crowd. Commentary now on about Battersea power station, nothing of substance in relation to the match.

0% points won on 2nd serve in 2nd set up until that point for fed, speechless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I actually think the coverage is awful. All slick Sky Sports style. Celeb spotting in the crowd. Commentary now on about Battersea power station, nothing of substance in relation to the match.

A lot of other tennis coverage does that too. Instead of watching Alex Ferguson in slow mo it would be a hell of a lot better to replay a decent shot. Maybe they are on some kind of celeb quota per hour!

mzungu wrote: »
    A lot of other tennis coverage does that too. Instead of watching Alex Ferguson in slow mo it would be a hell of a lot better to replay a decent shot. Maybe they are on some kind of celeb quota per hour!

I know, but Andrew Castle barely says anything that relates to tennis, often log periods of silence,it's all down to Henman and Roddick.

Its always the same on BBC ,its crap coverage.
    Zero technical or tactical analysis bar Roddick,Henman seems to have fallen asleep.

Simon Reed and Fru Mc Millan are vastly superior to these twats.

Its always the same on BBC ,its crap coverage.
    Zero technical or tactical analysis bar Roddick.

I think they should put a celeb option on the red button service and offer up tennis coverage and analysis instead.

• Advertisement

I'm finding these rallies a bit painful to watch. Roger just has to work so much harder for the point.

Advertisement