Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I highly recommend the hot Polish man in my local Aldi, but sadly don't think he's a weekly special! That and the fact that Mr Crumble might object, although he has a bit of a gra himself for the stunning looking Latvian lady in the local Lidl so can't say too much :D

Sandyford by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We're getting complaints that the thread is running off-topic so can you please keep it to things you could eat!

The Gloomster! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

We're getting complaints that the thread is running off-topic so can you please keep it to things you could eat!

You might regret using that turn of phrase lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Kat1170 wrote: »

You think I just throw these words out without consideration? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The 7 quid Chianti is an approachable number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm afraid to reply back to SozBbz now so I'll just very quickly say no, not Sandyford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Big fan of the Kombucha in glass bottles. The raspberry one is gorgeous.
    Less a fan of the frozen pain au chocolats which seem to have changed recipe recently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So, I just got these rosemary crackers on a recommendation.

IMG-20191106-154031.jpg

Haven't tried them yet, but bought some brie to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

Their tomato and chilli chutney is lovely.

I have it with lots of things - ham sandwiches, cheese and crackers, as a dip for things like spring rolls.

Tesco do some lovely frozen brie bites and the Aldi chutney is SO nice with them!

igCorcaigh - it would be lovely with your brie and crackers :)

• Advertisement

Oh, I'll have to make do Chelle, will check out that chutney next time!

Geetas mango chutney is lovely too.
    Not from Aldi. I think Tesco sells it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

igCorcaigh wrote: »

IMG-20191106-154031.jpg

The sea salt ones are lovely too. Often hard to get though, as they sell out quick.

Going to have these later.. I don't have any sweet things to go with it, but thinking of making caramelised onions...

... to the point where they are sticky and golden. And make onion soup.... Mmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

The spiced marmalade is delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I buy the salt and pepper crackers for cheese from the Specially Selected range, very delish.

I left my brie out to go to room temp so it's nice and melty. But you're all making me hungry now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

IMG-20191106-154031.jpg

Could you not wait and post about them after you have tried them instead of before? Isn't that what the thread is about? Why are we having to go through pages of posts about what you are going to be eating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

mystic86 wrote: »
    Could you not wait and post about them after you have tried them instead of before? Isn't that what the thread is about? Why are we having to go through pages of posts about what you are going to be eating?

I absolutely love the Rosemary crackers. Unfortunately there only seem to be two packs of Rosemary crackers in every box, the rest is sea salt and cracked pepper. So they can be hard to get.

mystic86 wrote: »

Just checking.
    I have tried and they are lovely.

Point taken though, I was over eager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Geetas mango chutney is lovely too.
    Not from Aldi. I think Tesco sells it

Haven't seen that stuff in years, but you're correct! It's as good as Indian Restaurant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thought you were banned for a sec there Johnny!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

^ re Rosemary crackers: be warned, they're addictive and lovely with cheese and honey!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Also delicious dipped into hummus - particularly the pesto/basil one. Totally addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Bassfish wrote: »
    ^ re Rosemary crackers: be warned, they're addictive and lovely with cheese and honey!

Especially goats cheese and honey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,888 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ill put honey on my cheese if I ever swallow poison and need to make myself throw up in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Also delicious dipped into hummus - particularly the pesto/basil one. Totally addictive!

Was it not recalled recently due to Salmonella, though?

Not just Aldi, Lidl, Iceland and Zorba brand sold in few others too ;)

https://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/food_alert/houmous_salmonella_update3.html

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

wonski wrote: »
    Was it not recalled recently due to Salmonella, though?

Not just Aldi, Lidl and SuperValu, too ;)

Probably eat about three tubs of Aldi houmous a week with the rosemary/black pepper crackers. Not been available all week and really miss them. Feck it I'll take the salmonella, I want my houmous back!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Probably eat about three tubs of Aldi houmous a week with the rosemary/black pepper crackers. Not been available all week and really miss them. Feck it I'll take the salmonella, I want my houmous back!

I would rather not tbh.

Just edited my post and removed SuperValu from it as it wasn't sold there as their own brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm making my way through lots of Aldi sweets due to Halloween leftovers.

The Roar bars are every bit as good as Lion bars!
    Dreamys are just like Milkyways too.

Advertisement