Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

April 10 is good Friday also. Can't remember what that means for delivery here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Nothing. It's a bank holiday, but not a public holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

It means the kids are off school! Was hoping to get a morning of Final Fantasy in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭solidasarock

Not shocked a delay happened. Cant remember the last time Square didnt have a last minute delay. At least its only 1 month.

As for releasing so close to Cyberpunk, I just cant shake the feeling 2077 is getting delayed too. They have been so quiet about it. For a game coming out in 3 months it doesn't feel like it. They haven't shown it since E3 last year. You would hav expected a hands on press event or something in the leadup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I had a 2 week booked off in March. Can not be moved. Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watch now cyber punk will be delayed :rolleyes:
    They announced a delay to the Witcher 3's release just 3 months before the original release date.

Cyberpunk 2077 is due to be released 3 months from now, coincidence or impending delay announcement?

tumblr_m4bl8zWWFK1qbar1do2_250.gifv

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    KhliiAkDFP9YY

I really hate when I'm right but there's no way they were gonna release a week after remake, extra time for play testing? ya sure.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I dunno what cyberpunk is but it's September now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cracking new trailer released with loads of scenes not seen before. Enjoy guys!

Some spoilers below, recommend watching before reading for full impact!
    Young Tifa and Cloud, Cross dressing Cloud and the honey bee inn! Looks as ridiculous as hoped! RedXIII finally seen! And Scarlet is guaranteed to get a lot of deviant art I reckon. Palmer looks ridiculous also

I think these trailers are getting better and better to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

I thought young cloud was a girl for a second. It looks great and I'm happy they're keeping in a lot of the weird stuff like Honey Bee and the whole crossdressing thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

While I’m not a fan of the game’s art style at all, I do appreciate that they seem willing to keep the wild cartoonish **** from the original game.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1223191038975791104?s=21

Oddly enough when I first played through the game as a kid I somehow avoided a lot of the Honey Bee stuff. Playing again as a teenager and was genuinely taken aback by the whole ‘looking in the keyholes’ sequence :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still not sure sure that photorealistic aesthetic works with the goofy, campy tone of the actual story within. Especially as it looks like it has been kept in its entirety. The two just don't gel for me & I'd have preferred something more stylised - but that seems antithetical to Square's art department these days. I'd honestly forgotten how vampy the likes of Scarlett was, she doesn't suit the look of it. I suspect in the coming days, the fanart corners of the internet will spontaneously explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Don't watch the new trailer its spoiler central, i had to turn it off after 1 minute. If you want to re-experience all the scenes from the original in a new light then don't watch the trailer.

Don't watch the new trailer its spoiler central, i had to turn it off after 1 minute. If you want to re-experience all the scenes from the original in a new light then don't watch the trailer.

No way I was even gonna press play!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Aeris dies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Aeris dies

Not in this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'm more excited for a remaster of all the old music then i am for the actual game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Kiith wrote: »
    I think i'm more excited for a remaster of all the old music then i am for the actual game.

Can't wait to hear Reds theme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

English version of the trailer now up.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Aeris dies

You actually should spoiler that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

FFVII wrote: »
    You actually should spoiler that.
    Why?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Have to be some Statute of Limitations for media beyond a certain age though, no? FF7 is 20+ years old, and while this remake might introduce many to the game for the first time, Aeris' fate is something of a meme / trope / pop culture mainstay in the medium; in the same vein as Luke & Darth Vader's relationship is known by all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

AEY1j1q.jpg

Sonics2k wrote: »
    AEY1j1q.jpg

I'd be afraid to do that.

Like, he deserves a good kicking for doing that. I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a few confrontations. Dick move.

Saw similar about what happened to Han solo before I seen it. I was pissed.

Aeries faith wouldn't be known by all I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I know the original like the back of my hand, played it through about 8 times so far, but i still wan't to experience it all again first hand when i get the game. Also im sure alot of people never played FF7 and will want to try out this game, so spoiling anything for them would be foul play

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Folks, we’re not going to police spoilers for a 23-year-old game - especially since they’re among the best known moments in the history of the medium. If you want to avoid any plot info, bow out of the thread - but spoiler tags for FF7 to me is complete overkill unless they relate specifically to significant changes made for this remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭quokula

I want to go play through the original game before this comes out (I'm not new to it, completed it a few times back in the day)

What is considered the best way to do so these days? I know I've come across many articles about mods for the PC version, particularly a fan made translation that seems to be well regarded and I'd be interested in trying. But on the other hand it's hard to work out exactly what to get and install, it all seems very complicated, and I seem to remember the music being awful on the original PC port?

So has anybody tried any of these? Or is it better to go the simpler route of the PS4 version which would be more faithful to the original release and I think has some perks like fast forward mode, and of course the advantage of easily playing it on a TV with a proper playstation controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I recommend the ps4 version, runs and looks fine, nice fast forward feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Definitely the PC version. You can get it on steam. The remako mod is pretty amazing. All cut scenes and backgrounds have been upscaled using AI.

You can use you playstation controllers on the PC as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

quokula wrote: »
    I want to go play through the original game before this comes out (I'm not new to it, completed it a few times back in the day)

What is considered the best way to do so these days? I know I've come across many articles about mods for the PC version, particularly a fan made translation that seems to be well regarded and I'd be interested in trying. But on the other hand it's hard to work out exactly what to get and install, it all seems very complicated, and I seem to remember the music being awful on the original PC port?

So has anybody tried any of these? Or is it better to go the simpler route of the PS4 version which would be more faithful to the original release and I think has some perks like fast forward mode, and of course the advantage of easily playing it on a TV with a proper playstation controller.

PC is the way to go. The fan translation is excellent and adds a lot to the game, although it kind of highlights how much mystery was added by how bad the original translation was.

As for mods just check the steam forums. Think they fixed the music but if not it's a very easy mod. The translation mod is easy as well. you can get all in one combo mods now. Just open a set up file, pick your steam location and then select the mods you want. It was. Really easy when I tried it.

Advertisement