Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

New trailer is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Things have gone quiet on the demo since the leak. Is there any hope we'll see this demo soon? I know it won't matter in a couple of months but surely they should get it out soon to maximize potential sales from people on the fence about it?

Another new trailer - ish

First 2 mins were not in the demo I have

https://youtu.be/cqskSeNORoE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have to say, that intro movie gave me some goosebumps. And i don't even have a PS4 at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Kiith wrote: »
    Have to say, that intro movie gave me some goosebumps. And i don't even have a PS4 at the moment :(
    Well, go get one :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's only a timed exclusive so coming to PC.

I can wait.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's only a timed exclusive so coming to PC.

I can wait.

Aren't you the pantomime vilian type that doesn't like FF7?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

endainoz wrote: »
    Aren't you the pantomime vilian type that doesn't like FF7?

Oh no he isn't! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/02/13/new-final-fantasy-vii-remake-screenshots-showcase-red-xiii-side-quests-and-more/

Just a small blog with a few screens and a bit more on a few areas in midgar plus a small bit about side quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I wonder if sidequests is how they justify saying 'as much content as a mainline FF'.

I don't necessarily mind it if Remake is short, but I feel like we've already seen the whole game by now. I still think this is looking more like a Crisis Core remake than anything else, similar looking structure with the episodes and now the sidequests

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good to see they’ve added the one thing Final Fantasy VII needed - a bunch more ****e filler content!

(I joke, but serious also)

Well content had to be added to make up for the fact that it's in just in midgar. Storey elements will be changed for sure. I don't feel too bad about side quests etc, original game had a few of those too. I hope it doesn't go too much on the filler side though. Either way I know I'll be getting it, have been waiting for this since the 2005 ps3 tech demo, Christ that's 15 years.

I bought a fecking PS3 thinking this would be on it lol.

Sometimes I wish we got it on ps3 instead though, I had kind of moved on from FFVII when this got announced

I bought a fecking PS3 thinking this would be on it lol.

Sometimes I wish we got it on ps3 instead though, I had kind of moved on from FFVII when this got announced

Probably a good thing, expectations might not be as high

endainoz wrote: »
    Probably a good thing, expectations might not be as high

My only pet hate with the whole thing is the “remake” part - it’s the main title!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Dosent really mean the game itself is a 100gb, just that it requires that space to run, which is still big of course. Red dead 2 needed like 80 didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

RopeDrink wrote: »
    As much as I liked VII on PSX (yes, I'm that old -- go away you filthy "PS1" person)
    Ahem, if i recall, it was called the Playstation :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was just thinking about this today and the impact that the
    Aeris death scene
    had when it originally happened. I'd love to think that they'd do something really ballsy and try to replicate that feeling rather than that scene. Catch everyone off guard and have something like
    Tifa dying instead and Aeris surviving

Was just thinking about this today and the impact that the
    Aeris death scene
    had when it originally happened. I'd love to think that they'd do something really ballsy and try to replicate that feeling rather than that scene. Catch everyone off guard and have something like
    Tifa dying instead and Aeris surviving

Biggs wedge and Jessie will be hard to digest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm more interested to hear there's some love for FF Tactics. Hopefully building up some hype. Would love a rerelease of the PSP port on modern consoles and especially PC. It's the true best FF game, fact.

Stormblood was written by Yasumi Matsuno, who wrote and created the Ivalice games including FF Tactics so it might just be him rather then a push by Square Enix to publish the games but fingers crossed. He isn't with Square Enix anymore and is freelance although he is getting work from them, I just wish they would let him work on another single player RPG for them.

I actually found the ending of FF Tactics to be fantastic and wrapped the game up brilliantly. I think the people complaining are just upset that the whole story and ending is a massive downer but I think it's all the better for it.

As for TG Cid... I would call him more broken than overpowered :D FF Tactics is one of the most challenging games I've ever played and when you get TG Cid in the final stretch of the game it's a relief. He can pretty much wipe out entire maps by himself.

I did that Ruby fight.

Part 2 is XIV spoilers

TG Cid is maybe the best normal mode raid in XIV but I think they won't do another one like it because it's the type of fight were a single person can cause a wipe to occur. It's just never ending salt. :pac:

Nier in ShB is carry everyone: the raid. I hope the rest of it is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Before work?! So I have to spend the day thinking about it downloaded at home?

Bit cruel there square :D

Oh hell yes!!! Come on 4pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting.
    I seem to be one of very few people who never played Final Fantasy 7 so this demo should be a nice way to judge if I want to play it.

FF10 for the win tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm kind of split on demos. Always remember playing the Destiny one months before it launched. I was climbing the walls for weeks after.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Regarding it's length :::
    it's meant to be all of chapter 1 I hear

• Advertisement

Regarding it's length :::
    it's meant to be all of chapter 1 I hear

giphy.gif

Advertisement