Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm interested in getting something like this but not sure where to start.

Anyone got a link for a noob like me that explains what you can do with these boxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting something like this but not sure where to start.

Anyone got a link for a noob like me that explains what you can do with these boxes?

YouTube would be your best friend

Just look at some kodi videos, you'll never look back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Has anyone here got a jailbroken Apple TV with Kodi installed?,ive seen a few for sale on adverts and was just wondering are the same as the android boxes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Has anyone here got a jailbroken Apple TV with Kodi installed?,ive seen a few for sale on adverts and was just wondering are the same as the android boxes etc

Kodi have stopped supporting apple TV.
    Android boxes are far superior to them anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ya I still have one around here somewhere.

It was some craic trying to jailbreak them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I just bought a box on Amazon and it says its fully loaded but if anyone could send me on some links id really appreciate it,ive had a look at youtube but theres so many videos i dont know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Anyone have this box or know if it's any good? Seems similar to the M8 with some higher specs.

http://www.munstergadgets.com/product/t8-android-tv-box/

I have an Amiko Alien/Enigma2 box at the moment, but thinking of investing in one of these also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ For that kind of price you will be better of getting Minix x8-h plus. Amlogic S812 Vs Amlogic S802 chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Down to your server. I don't think that kind of talk is allowed on boards though.

Post gone already :0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Down to your server. I don't think that kind of talk is allowed on boards though.

Post gone already :0

What was the question :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

That could have been the actual stream itself in this instance - live events get an unbelievable amount of traffic on servers, no matter where they are being sourced so it could have been an issue there. If you were getting speeds of over 2.5MB for SD and 5-6 for HD, then you should have had no issues. Did you try a different add on or app to watch something else? How did that work out? (Please don't name individual add ons though as the thread will probably be closed)

I've seen those Amiko boxes advertised a few times now, has anyone got any experience or feedback on them? Would be handy to have a satellite and XBMC/Kodi box all in the one device....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Posted it in the wrong place,sorry guys :)

BandMember wrote: »
    That could have been the actual stream itself in this instance - live events get an unbelievable amount of traffic on servers, no matter where they are being sourced so it could have been an issue there. If you were getting speeds of over 2.5MB for SD and 5-6 for HD, then you should have had no issues. Did you try a different add on or app to watch something else? How did that work out? (Please don't name individual add ons though as the thread will probably be closed)

I've seen those Amiko boxes advertised a few times now, has anyone got any experience or feedback on them? Would be handy to have a satellite and XBMC/Kodi box all in the one device....

I got the Sab Android 1 HD which has android 4.2 seems good but you will want to buy it flashed already as I tried putting Enigma 2 on and it failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Box arrived today at lunch time :) just set it up very easy to set it up
    option for windows 10 if you want
    I bypassed that just using windows 8.1 for the moment getting used to it
    KODI on the windows set up 10 min with a particular wizard which installs loads of addons and lots of repos which you can tweak later
    Its a nice little box really quick and easy to use :)
    going to have a look at he android part later

enno99 wrote: »
    KODI on the windows set up 10 min with a particular wizard which installs loads of addons and lots of repos which you can tweak later

I'll have mine from dpd in the morning, after all the worrying, you ended up receiving yours before me in the end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Stick up a few photos when you get a chance !!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Stick up a few photos when you get a chance !!

Will try I have never uploaded images from phone/camera on here any tips would be appreciated

I'll have mine from dpd in the morning, after all the worrying, you ended up receiving yours before me in the end up.

Lol yeah my e cig batteries and coils are on a slow boat from china I think :D they shipped them well before the box

Will try I have never uploaded images from phone/camera on here any tips would be appreciated

Just take the photos on your phone and when your typing out your message hit attach files look for them then and add.

Someone else might be able to tell you how to embed. I haven't figured that out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

what do people think of this one? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/251533810021?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How would it compare to a Celeron dual-core mini Windows pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

This the one? just need to load up some stuff onto it.
    http://euronics.ie/product/walker-android-smart-box-ab714qc/

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Yeah that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Techmaster wrote: »
    what do people think of this one? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/251533810021?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How would it compare to a Celeron dual-core mini Windows pc?
    That is a fairly solid Android box, a lot of Irish and UK box sellers stock them. Some people say Kodi runs better on Windows but I have used one of these for a year or so with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Thats your problem right there it doesn't have great quality ill pm you some decent stuff :)

I wouldn't complain if that pm happened to land in my inbox ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

My Sky got officially cut off Saturday and my Android box never buffered once before then but Murphy's law it was all over the place for the Liverpool game last night, i tried everything but nothing could make it rise like that bird from the ashes, it was far from Ace and the V olume was like it was Dubt 25 times? Even the powers of the Greek god of the sky were no good, i might aswel have been on a slow moving river in the Netherlands without a paddle!
    Any other suggestions via PM would be greatly appreciated.

For fear of being accused back seat modding, can the lads edit their posts so certain app names are not visible?

In fairness, this thread is a great source of information and help for Android box owners, and it'd be a real shame if it got terminated due to a few lads mentioning the unmentionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

I'm not going to mention any names, but, free add ons are extremely unreliable - they come, they go and their servers get hammered during any major events which will cause buffering issues. Also, the quality is rubbish. I cannot discuss it further here because I do not want to get what is a very useful and helpful thread closed down.

P.S. Mods: Sorry if I've overstepped the mark here, please delete this post rather than closing the thread. Thanks.

I think we should start our own site.....notboards.ie and talk about all the evil things that are not allowed here :D

Lads, pipo received, I'm currently lettering it update itself/install apps etc.

Didn't come with HDMI leads though. :mad:

• Advertisement

Lads, pipo received, I'm currently lettering it update itself/install apps etc.

Didn't come with HDMI leads though. :mad:

You surely have a spare lying aground ?

Advertisement