Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Agreed on cutting out the talk of add-ons for free Sky etc. The last thread was great and was closed because of this. Just use YouTube or Facebook if you need to find out anything about these. This thread should be what should I buy, where is the best place to get it, newly released devices, remote controls etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You surely have a spare lying aground ?

Yeah, in have a redundant xbox, I'll rob the lead from, kinda expected one to be in box though, it's like you'd expect a steering wheel to be on a new car.

Tvmc couldn't update on mine, but in fairness, I've mind tethered to the phone right now, as I'm at an office without Wi-Fi. (Or, there must be an updated tvmc to install?)

Anyone know how I boot it into Android? When I turn on the machine now, it goes straight to Windows, whereas at the beginning (before I updates and downloaded stiff) it was giving me the option of android/windows.

I've only had it less than a half hour, but am impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Yeah, in have a redundant xbox, I'll rob the lead from, kinda expected one to be in box though, it's like you'd expect a steering wheel to be on a new car.

Tvmc couldn't update on mine, but in fairness, I've mind tethered to the phone right now, as I'm at an office without Wi-Fi. (Or, there must be an updated tvmc to install?)

Anyone know how I boot it into Android? When I turn on the machine now, it goes straight to Windows, whereas at the beginning (before I updates and downloaded stiff) it was giving me the option of android/windows.

Forgive my ignorance for asking, but what would the difference be in running Kodi in Android and Windows?

For me, android can experience a lot more buffering issues than windows - even though I would delete all caches and packages daily. Plus, using the zero cache setting on android boxes is extremely harmful to them.

Surely, if you have less buffering with windows and can use the zero cache setting (I do on my windows laptop), then windows would be preferable to android? Or am I missing something and have ended up looking like an idiot? :confused::o

Sorry dude, this is all completely new to me too, I'll get playing around with it later when the kids are in bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

you can switch with the app on the desktop win to android
    maybe it boots in what was running when you shut down ( only a guess mind you )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Before it goes back to the shop tomorrow I dont suppose anyone is interested in a Sab Android 1 HD?

enno99 wrote: »
    you can switch with the app on the desktop win to android
    maybe it boots in what was running when you shut down ( only a guess mind you )

Legend. Have it sorted now.

Are you using an airmouse, or just using the screen?

I'm wondering if there's an app to control the screen via my Android phone?

I know there's an app to control the Xbox, wonder if it'd work on this?

Scratch that.
    Sorted.

Did yours come with a HDMI lead Enno?

Legend. Have it sorted now.

Are you using an airmouse, or just using the screen?

I'm wondering if there's an app to control the screen via my Android phone?

I know there's an app to control the Xbox, wonder if it'd work on this?

Scratch that.
    Sorted.

Did yours come with a HDMI lead Enno?

No I didnt get a lead only a dodgy adapter (sparking) on the look out for something a bit more safe will check boots for travel one

Im using the logitec keyboard k400 I also have a logitec dinivo edge but It wont work on android

Great little box so far well pleased with it :)

did you get that pm about the wizard I sent you ?

No I didnt get a lead only a dodgy adapter (sparking) on the look out for something a bit more safe will check boots for travel one
    Don't put the frighteners on me now, I'll be worried the house burns down. :eek:
    Im using the logitec keyboard k400 I also have a logitec dinivo edge but It wont work on android
    Missed that bargain alert:mad: I just downloaded an app from the play store, it was simple to set up...
    Great little box so far well pleased with it :)
    Although I'm still getting to grips with mine, I agree. Great piece of kit.
    did you get that pm about the wizard I sent you ?
    Yep, cheers been so busy mucking around, that's what kept me relying. Lots of choice there alright. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Hi folks,

What is your thoughts on the following box...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/T8-BLACK-PREMIUM-ANDROID-XBMC-KODI-MINI-PC-INTER:pac:NET-STREAM-TV-BOX-JAILBR0KEN-/400980917735?hash=item5d5c533de7

The reason I ask is I have noticed this box in Ireland for €140, almost half the price on ebay.

I currently have kodi running on a windows tablet, I am currently looking for a box that I can just leave connected to the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Techmaster wrote: »
    what do people think of this one? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/251533810021?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How would it compare to a Celeron dual-core mini Windows pc?

Better box is the Tronsmart MXIII 2G/8G S812 mentioned earlier, about €50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Invincible wrote: »

I would just be using Kodi, with an external hard drive connected. Would the HP 260 Celeron 2975 be a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I think M8S box is good too. Specs are fine in it
    Invincible wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

I think M8S box is good too. Specs are fine in it

I agree, as I have an M8S S812 since last December, but the Tronsmart MXIII is comparable for less cash.

Just something else on the pipo lads, the one I purchased, and according to my order numbers/ emails etc was clearly described as 64GB.

Having a proper root around and play with it last night (I like it a lot, very very smooth, and haven't really bothered with the Android side yet) and was checking Windows version etc, only to discover the storage space tells me it's 32 GB. :confused:

I am assuming that this is clearly being advertised wrongly with they I'd people won't complain, or is it possible they are claiming tbe 64 GB comes from a 50/50 split between Android and Windows? Ie I have 32 GB storage in Android, & 32 GB in Windows ?

I have an email away to customer support, but wondering if any of you lot know of the top of your heads?

Cheers guys.

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Hi folks,

What is your thoughts on the following box...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/T8-BLACK-PREMIUM-ANDROID-XBMC-KODI-MINI-PC-INTER:pac:NET-STREAM-TV-BOX-JAILBR0KEN-/400980917735?hash=item5d5c533de7

The reason I ask is I have noticed this box in Ireland for €140, almost half the price on ebay.

I currently have kodi running on a windows tablet, I am currently looking for a box that I can just leave connected to the tv.
    That is the cheapest I have ever seen that box, would have a slight concern that it is a clone or something

I've got a spare MK808b which I'd like to set up in a spare room on a VGA monitor (if possible, otherwise I'd buy a 26" TV). Anyone done something similar?

Two questions - can I use any HDMI to VGA adapter from eBay, and for sound, I'm thinking some type of wireless Bluetooth speaker could work?

I would just use it for Kodi and control using Yatse

I've got a spare MK808b which I'd like to set up in a spare room on a VGA monitor (if possible, otherwise I'd buy a 26" TV). Anyone done something similar?

Two questions - can I use any HDMI to VGA adapter from eBay, and for sound, I'm thinking some type of wireless Bluetooth speaker could work?

Just something else on the pipo lads, the one I purchased, and according to my order numbers/ emails etc was clearly described as 64GB.

Having a proper root around and play with it last night (I like it a lot, very very smooth, and haven't really bothered with the Android side yet) and was checking Windows version etc, only to discover the storage space tells me it's 32 GB. :confused:

I am assuming that this is clearly being advertised wrongly with they I'd people won't complain, or is it possible they are claiming tbe 64 GB comes from a 50/50 split between Android and Windows? Ie I have 32 GB storage in Android, & 32 GB in Windows ?

I have an email away to customer support, but wondering if any of you lot know of the top of your heads?

Cheers guys.

How can we find out for sure ?

mine says windows has 36.51GB and 27.5 left
    android has 16 GB 12 available
    I right clicked the windows icon and selected disc management it gives a list of stuff ie recovery partition 5.7GB and another partition is 12.50 GB
    So im presuming it has 64 GB

And one more question about using this set-up over WiFi (I always try to use Ethernet or homeplugs for Kodi but may not be doable this time).

Anyone used an MK808b over WiFi? Would an Amazon Fire TV Stick be any better for wireless performance?

• Advertisement

How can we find out for sure ?

mine says windows has 36.51GB and 27.5 left
    android has 16 GB 12 available
    I right clicked the windows icon and selected disc management it gives a list of stuff ie recovery partition 5.7GB and another partition is 12.50 GB
    So im presuming it has 64 GB

My box has the 64 GB version ticked, so looks like I definitely was sent the right one, I'm wondering if any one a bit more tech savvy than us knows how to get a definitive answer on this?

Would something like this work

http://www.cables.ie/audio-visual/video-digital/hdmi-vga-av-converter/1080p-hdmi-to-vga-converter-with-audio.html

A bit pricey but maybe there is something along those lines cheaper ?

Would something like this work

http://www.cables.ie/audio-visual/video-digital/hdmi-vga-av-converter/1080p-hdmi-to-vga-converter-with-audio.html

A bit pricey but maybe there is something along those lines cheaper ?

I'm sure it would, although I'm looking for a 5€ solution rather than a 50€ one. It is just to have TV in a spare room for visitors or those rare occasions when I can't watch a match etc.

I think I will sort it out but my problem will be the WiFi connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Lads i got an mxpro box today and it won't play through the hdmi.i used the red yellow and white cables and it worked but that's not hdmi.
    I tried the hdmi on my pc monitor and it worked.
    Is it the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

My box has the 64 GB version ticked, so looks like I definitely was sent the right one, I'm wondering if any one a bit more tech savvy than us knows how to get a definitive answer on this?

Android & Windows storage space are mutually exclusive. If it's dual booting android & Windows, and you have 32gb in windows then yes it is 64gb overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Lads i got an mxpro box today and it won't play through the hdmi.i used the red yellow and white cables and it worked but that's not hdmi.
    I tried the hdmi on my pc monitor and it worked.
    Is it the tv?

Probably, can you change the resolution to lower on the box and then try it on the TV ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Probably, can you change the resolution to lower on the box and then try it on the TV ?

I probably can yes.i haven't had enough time to fiddle with it yet. But surely if the tv has hdmi sockets it should work right?

Simi wrote: »
    Android & Windows storage space are mutually exclusive. If it's dual booting android & Windows, and you have 32gb in windows then yes it is 64gb overall.

ta simi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I probably can yes.i haven't had enough time to fiddle with it yet. But surely if the tv has hdmi sockets it should work right?

If the box was set to output 1080p and the TV could only handle 576 or 720, I think this might be where the problem is.

I had something similar with an older Samsung TV, had to keep moving the box to a different TV to change the setting and then move it back.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    If the box was set to output 1080p and the TV could only handle 576 or 720, I think this might be where the problem is.

I had something similar with an older Samsung TV, had to keep moving the box to a different TV to change the setting and then move it back.

Thanks eamon.that's what I'm going to try today after work.

Advertisement