Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

enno99 wrote: »
    That was quick

Was that from Europe warehouse ?

I got email they are sending part of order the box is not on it

hopefully soon then

I think it was a mistake was ordering many items together
    My own fault I was like a kid a sweet shop lol

How do I find this out?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Its posted in Bargain Alerts.
    eamonnq wrote: »

Looks like the white one is out of stock. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Yep, but I think they restock fairly quickly and they have the non-plus one available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,809 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like the white one is out of stock. :mad:

They'll ship it once it comes back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bajer101 wrote: »
    Jaysus - that was hard reading. Here a hint - Paragraphs!

It's horses for courses. but Kodi does not replace live TV - end of. I don't do Sky Movies. If I want a new movie or TV show I will grab it at guaranteed 720p or 1080p and stream it locally rather than rely on some mickey mouse stream. The only benefit I can see of these Smart TV boxes is the live streams and they are shít.

Please tell me how these boxes are better than Plexing to a Now TV box?

I've an android box,I watch movies etc. in either 720p or 1080p.Netflix isn't even a consideration in my house.There's several apps that can be used aswell as kodi that can't be mentioned here.Anyone that installs a Netflix add-on to kodi is doing things very very wrong.Here's where you start with childs play tutorials https://seo-michael.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

See an m8 on amazon for 38 pound what's the verdict is there better avaliable, just seen people talking of that one

That was quick

Was that from Europe warehouse ?

I got email they are sending part of order the box is not on it

hopefully soon then

I think it was a mistake was ordering many items together
    My own fault I was like a kid a sweet shop lol

Ok, finally sussed out the tracking, (they don't make it easy) they sent me a picture of the parcel with my name and address on it etc. From the parcel I got the name of the courier/carrier (one world express) and logged on to their site.

Received in Shenzhen yesterday morning, and last logged in Honk Kong last night.

So China warehouse is the answer to this I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braniganl

DL'd Kodi on my old laptop and set it up with the PTP add on. Good quality on Sky Sports, better than streams I usually watch. Only a U21 match on now though, does the quality dip much when a big match is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

mightyreds wrote: »
    See an m8 on amazon for 38 pound what's the verdict is there better avaliable, just seen people talking of that one

The Minix X-8H Plus (or the normal X-8H) would be my own personal preference, followed by the MXIII (2GB version).

The Minix would be the top of the range product while the MXIII would also be highly rated across many forums.

Loads of people have M8's. Some love them and they work great, some hate them as they have problems (seems to be some sort of power and/or overheating issue with them). At that price, I'd be concerned that they would be a clone or a refurb job.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Oh, and always remember, you get what you pay for! ;)

braniganl wrote: »
    DL'd Kodi on my old laptop and set it up with the (named) add on. Good quality on (named stream), better than streams I usually watch. Only a U21 match on now though, does the quality dip much when a big match is on?

Please don't mention add ons or what they do or the thread will be closed down! ;)

To answer the question in your quote in this post, the quality is always pretty good BUT, like all free add ons, it can be unreliable sometimes and can suffer from buffering during big games so a little tip would be to get on early so that there's not too many people trying to get on it at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Anyone looking at the Tronsmart MXIII S812 2G/8G on geekbuying, coupon ZMOXZIBL will reduce price by $11 to $58.99.

Ok, finally sussed out the tracking, (they don't make it easy) they sent me a picture of the parcel with my name and address on it etc. From the parcel I got the name of the courier/carrier (one world express) and logged on to their site.

Received in Shenzhen yesterday morning, and last logged in Honk Kong last night.

So China warehouse is the answer to this I'm afraid.

Latest on the tracking, parcel cleared Heathrow and is now with one world express dispatch centre, UK, so with a bit of luck, I'll have my hands on it for Saturday.

Missed the Logitech wireless keyboard bargain, so am on the lookout for an airmouse/keyboard if any of you lot have a recommendation?

This would be own personal recommendation - http://www.adverts.ie/tv/air-mouse-wireless-keyboard-remote/6349987

I've a couple myself and so has everyone I have sorted a box for. I'd highly recommend it as it's fast and really easy to use! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Latest on the tracking, parcel cleared Heathrow and is now with one world express dispatch centre, UK, so with a bit of luck, I'll have my hands on it for Saturday.

Missed the Logitech wireless keyboard bargain, so am on the lookout for an airmouse/keyboard if any of you lot have a recommendation?

you could check out these

http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-04rand/80004353/rapoo-wireless-multi-media-touchpad-keyboard-e2700/details.aspx

http://www.komplett.ie/product/zkb-04rand/20425492/microsoft-all-in-one-media-keyboard/details.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Lads, after many years messing around with android boxes. I got myself a pipo x7.

It is a whole different level. A lot more stable, and runs windows aswell.

Its definitely worth the extra few quid!

That pipo looks like a bargain, one question, this would bascially be like turning your TV into a PC right?
    Maybe a silly question here but what is the point in a touchscreen if its connected to the TV.
    Im on the market for a box, and torn between this and the M8
    -Pangea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Pangea wrote: »
    That pipo looks like a bargain, one question, this would bascially be like turning your TV into a PC right?
    Maybe a silly question here but what is the point in a touchscreen if its connected to the TV.
    -Pangea

Ya. Does everything a PC does.

Pangea wrote: »
    -Pangea

I have an M8S (S812), since last December, runs without problem, bought it direct from manufacturer, but some have had trouble with the original M8. I posted yesterday about a box for $59 which is of similar spec to my M8S and from a reputable manufacturer, Tronsmart. Look at post a few above this.

Invincible wrote: »
    I have an M8S (S812), since last December, runs without problem, bought it direct from manufacturer, but some have had trouble with the original M8. I posted yesterday about a box for $59 which is of similar spec to my M8S and from a reputable manufacturer, Tronsmart. Look at post a few above this.

So Tronsmart are good boxes then ?

I was looking at this for someone

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta RK3368 64Bit Android 5.1 2GB 16GB ROM 4K TV Box

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Android TV Box uses 64bit RK3368 Cortex-A53 Octa Core CPU and the latest Android 5.1 OS, builds in 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB ROM, supports wifi, supports 1000M Ethernet, OTG.

Availability: In stock
    €80.97

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Specifications:

CPU: RK3368 octa core Cortex-A53
    GPU: Power VR6110
    RAM: 2GB DDR3
    ROM: 16GB Flash
    Video: 2160P muti-format video decode, H.265, 4K*2K
    Audio: MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV
    Picture: Max.8000x8000 JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG
    Expand Memory: Micro SD Card up to 32GB
    OTA Function: Support
    Ethernet: 10/100M (The follow-up version supports 1000M)
    Wifi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth: BT 4.0
    HDMI: Standard HDMI A, 2.0
    Blue power LED: Support
    Miracast/DLNA: Support
    Keyboard: Qwerty keyboard
    Language: Multiple Languages
    Power: 5V 2A
    Ports
    3 x Standard USB 2.0
    1 x Micro USB with OTG
    1 x S/SPDIF out
    1 x RJ45
    1 x HDMI A Type Out
    1 x DC in Jack
    1 x SD card slot
    1 x Power Button
    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Size: 119*119*23mm
    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Package Contain:

1 x Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Android TV Box
    1 x IR Remote Control
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x User Manual
    1 x Power adapter (A right Adapter according to the shipping place)

Latest android /octa core /64 bit /gigabit Ethernet
    seems like a good buy

My order still not shipped :mad:
    I had a ticket open and asked them WTF is going on
    they said its ready for shipping that was 3 days ago then closed the ticket
    I think its hit and miss with these guys

My order still not shipped :mad:
    I had a ticket open and asked them WTF is going on
    they said its ready for shipping that was 3 days ago then closed the ticket
    I think its hit and miss with these guys

I reckon mine will be in the north tomorrow or Monday, i will keep you posted.

• Advertisement

So Tronsmart are good boxes then ?

I was looking at this for someone

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta RK3368 64Bit Android 5.1 2GB 16GB ROM 4K TV Box

Yes, Tronsmart have a good reputation, don't know where you're buying, but if its from geek, try the coupon code, often works across the brand. Have a look on freaktab.com, you'll probably see the model you intend buying in the forum.

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Android TV Box uses 64bit RK3368 Cortex-A53 Octa Core CPU and the latest Android 5.1 OS, builds in 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB ROM, supports wifi, supports 1000M Ethernet, OTG.

Availability: In stock
    €80.97

Latest android /octa core /64 bit /gigabit Ethernet

seems like a good buy

Text input in wrong paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Any ideas for a box that is capable of the rf out/magic eye craic, outputting my freeview viewing up to a bedroom via coax?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Any box that gives you an AV out, connected into an RF modulator should work.

that Tronsmart box is here

http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/tronsmart-orion-r68-meta-android-tv-box.html

At last they shipped my order :D just got email its with DHL now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Oh, so many choices, the new android 5.0 on the Tronsmart would be appeal to me rather than getting the old one on the jbonest. Then there is the pipo x8. Decisions decisions..

Tronsmart is

Cheaper on the geek site

The other site has about 22 euro shipping I think

Product Price Quantity Line Total

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Android 5.1 Lollipop 4K*2K TV Box KODI Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core 2G/16G AC WIFI LAN Bluetooth 4.0 HDMI 2.0
    EUR 91.95 1 EUR 91.95
    Choose Shipping Method
    Shipping Methods Shipping Cost Tracking number
    Registered Airmail (15-30 Business Days) EUR 0.00 YES
    DHL (3-5 Business Days) EUR 0.38 YES
    EMS (7-15 Business Days) EUR 14.12 YES
    TNT (3-5 Business Days) EUR 2.75 YES

Order Subtotal: EUR 91.95
    Shipping Cost: EUR 0.38
    Grand Total: EUR 92.33

Additional discount of 5% on first order

Tronsmart is

Cheaper on the geek site

The other site has about 22 euro shipping I think

Product Price Quantity Line Total

Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta Android 5.1 Lollipop 4K*2K TV Box KODI Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core 2G/16G AC WIFI LAN Bluetooth 4.0 HDMI 2.0
    EUR 91.95 1 EUR 91.95
    Choose Shipping Method
    Shipping Methods Shipping Cost Tracking number
    Registered Airmail (15-30 Business Days) EUR 0.00 YES
    DHL (3-5 Business Days) EUR 0.38 YES
    EMS (7-15 Business Days) EUR 14.12 YES
    TNT (3-5 Business Days) EUR 2.75 YES

Order Subtotal: EUR 91.95
    Shipping Cost: EUR 0.38
    Grand Total: EUR 92.33

Additional discount of 5% on first order

ZMOXZIBL coupon code, did you try it on geek?

Invincible wrote: »
    ZMOXZIBL coupon code, did you try it on geek?

Tried it didn't work
    said only work for certain items

I reckon mine will be in the north tomorrow or Monday, i will keep you posted.

My mother texted me to say this was delivered this am, no problems whatsoever.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get my paws on it (DPD will collect it, Monday)

Shills less than a week later it was delivered. I'll be using that site again. No problems whatsoever.

• Advertisement

My mother texted me to say this was delivered this am, no problems whatsoever.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get my paws on it (DPD will collect it, Monday)

Shills less than a week later it was delivered. I'll be using that site again. No problems whatsoever.

Thats good it was quick

Mine is en route with DHL estimated delivery Tuesday
    Kept updated by texts
    There was a slight mix up
    The problem was solved when I pointed out that I had opted for express delivery

Advertisement