Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes. I have it on my pipo x7 running Windows 10. Its brilliant. Seems a lot more stable than the android boxes..

Would you recommend the Pipo x8 above then Michael ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

what about without pipo and android boxes??
    Yes. I have it on my pipo x7 running Windows 10. Its brilliant. Seems a lot more stable than the android boxes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Do you need to get a VPN to get the most out of the box?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would you recommend the Pipo x8 above then Michael ?

The X8 is more a tablet from what I can see, the X7 is more like a PC.

I have two if them in the house now. I find there a lot easier to use and navigate kodi, with a wireless mouse and keyboard.

Plus the kids can use the Microsoft word for school work.

I can't see any advantage of an android box over these. And I've used the ATV2, MX, MXq, And the M8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

@ emmetkenny the guy in the link I gave you has rated it 8/10 he,s pretty savvy when it comes to these things thats why I bought it
    if thats any help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

enno99 wrote: »
    I ordered one of these the other day will here be next week I hope

108 euros on offer at the moment 50% off they have free shipping takes a few weeks or about 10euro I think for 3 to 7 days

All the reviews I looked at were good

<snip>

I will post again when I get it

Features:
    PIPO X8 TV box with Windows8.1 and Android4.4 Dual OS
    Intel Z3736F quad core up to 2.16GHz
    2GB DDR3L RAM + 32GB ROM
    Intel HD Graphics
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Built-in speaker and mic
    Support Bluetooth 4.0
    Support LCD display
    802.11b/g/n LAN
    Power: 12V/2.4A
    Software: Youtube/ Facebook / Twitter / MSN / Skype / Calculator / Google Mail / Google maps / iReader / Quick Office
    Ebook: WORD / EXCEL / PPT / PDF / TXT / CHM/HTML

It also has a free year of office 365 IIRC

I have my details filled out at the checkout, and debit card in hand for this......

Does it come with all the required .cables needed to connect it to the tv, and does anyone have any promotion codes for the site?

I've never used <snip> before, but that piece of kit looks so smooth I can't really pass it up.

I have my details filled out at the checkout, and debit card in hand for this......

Does it come with all the required .cables needed to connect it to the tv, and does anyone have any promotion codes for the site?

I've never used before, but that piece of kit looks so smooth I can't really pass it up.

First time for me as Well
    hdmi cable connects to TV when I signed up I got 10x5 dollar vouchers
    they have a live chat but its in china so time difference
    The offer only lasts a couple of more days ( but like a lot of these sites that could be just marketing)

Hope it works out for you

First time for me as Well
    hdmi cable connects to TV when I signed up I got 10x5 dollar vouchers
    they have a live chat but its in china so time difference
    The offer only lasts a couple of more days ( but like a lot of these sites that could be just marketing)

Hope it works out for you

Aaaaand, bought.

I have it being sent to my parents house, north of the border. I reckon this will make my nexus redundant (also obtained via bargain alerts)

I'll update the thread when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Ah ffs, boardsies, will ya stop making me reach for my wallet. Enno, got any of those 5 voucher you can wing me one? or are they linked to your account.?
    I am gonna have to buy this :rolleyes:

Aaaaand, bought.

I have it being sent to my parents house, north of the border. I reckon this will make my nexus redundant (also obtained via bargain alerts)

bargain alerts ?

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    Ah ffs, boardsies, will ya stop making me reach for my wallet. Enno, got any of those 5 voucher you can wing me one? or are they linked to your account.?
    I am gonna have to buy this :rolleyes:

dont know if there linked I will send in pm you can try

@ daytob PM sent

Aaaaand, bought.

How much did it cost you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I've never used gearbest before, but that piece of kit looks so smooth I can't really pass it up.

Great bit of kit, comes with everything you need to connect it to the TV. When you unbox it you'll assume they've sent you the wrong power adapter with it until you lift out the plastic tray and discover a converter hidden underneath. No problems ordering from *site with no name* either.

Nice bonus is a 12month subscription to MS Office, I used it to offset my existing subscription bring the net cost of the device close to zero.

Graham wrote: »
    Great bit of kit, comes with everything you need to connect it to the TV. When you unbox it you'll assume they've sent you the wrong power adapter with it until you lift out the plastic tray and discover a converter hidden underneath. No problems ordering from Gearbest either.

Nice bonus is a 12month subscription to MS Office, I used it to offset my existing subscription bring the net cost of the device close to zero.

Make sure you use that convertor aswell. I swapped it for one I already had, and was only getting a black screen when the box launched.

Switched back to using that one and its perfect ever since.

How much did it cost you?
    Edit.

€111 (from memory) I went for the 64 gb one. I went for express UK delivery.
    bargain alerts ?

Yeah on this site.

This box will be taking price of place in the living room. And I've already an Android box in the man cave with thanks to daytob for the heads up on that one.

You hoors are costing me a fortune. :pac:

Make sure you use that convertor aswell. I swapped it for one I already had, and was only getting a black screen when the box launched.

Switched back to using that one and its perfect ever since.

Did you upgrade it to Windows 10 yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Cycle Android box is definitely recommended, pretty cheap too!

Ya. During the week. No problems so far.

Graham can they be controlled remotely, ie me on couch, box beside t.v., and I wanna pause sopranos to get a beer?

• Advertisement

Graham can they be controlled remotely, ie me on couch, box beside t.v., and I wanna pause sopranos to get a beer?

I've a bluetooth keyboard attached to mine and a wired mouse (only because I can't find the spare BT mouse) so I can't see any reason why couch-mode would be a problem.

Lads can ye edit any posts that contain that link I just copped the site ban on using that sites links I dont want to get banned

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

Hi. Just got one of the j bonest recommended boxes. Could someone send on a link or two, complete noob here.

Does anyone know why the 32g ROM Pipo was more expensive than the 64g ROM ?

Does anyone know why the 32g ROM Pipo was more expensive than the 64g ROM ?

95 euro for 32g 108 euro for 64g is what I was seeing

Can you edit your post containing the link please

95 euro for 32g 108 euro for 64g is what I was seeing

Can you edit your post containing the link please

I mean price before sale.

Will edit now.

just a quick update I got a message from these guys earlier I think these boxes are on back order so will be 2 weeks before they are in stock I think because the only sent me a sku number ?
    I am now waiting in a chat queue of about 80 people to find out for sure
    What an incompetent shower of Cnuts 5 fu(king days to check their stock :mad: I have other items on the order so I will probably wait
    Just a heads up if you want one maybe try to source one elewhere

just a quick update I got a message from these guys earlier I think these boxes are on back order so will be 2 weeks before they are in stock I think because the only sent me a sku number ?
    I am now waiting in a chat queue of about 80 people to find out for sure
    What an incompetent shower of Cnuts 5 fu(king days to check their stock :mad: I have other items on the order so I will probably wait
    Just a heads up if you want one maybe try to source one elewhere

Is that the order from Gearbest ?

Is that the order from Gearbest ?

yes

its hard to interact with them its a ticket system a day between messages
    or a chat function could be waiting hours for your turn

Have you placed an order ?

• Advertisement

yes

its hard to interact with them its a ticket system a day between messages
    or a chat function could be waiting hours for your turn

Have you placed an order ?

No not yet. Getting paid Wednesday so was going to order then.

Advertisement