Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta pack on Sky

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Still no app.

Pitiful.

most subscribers don't really care about the app

so I can watch again live sport I already saw on BT Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

ftakeith wrote: »

That's pretty irrelevant.

They promised and failed to deliver. Yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

well to be honest think most would use it for watching live bt sport on their mobiles when they are not at home to watch on their tvs

irishchris wrote: »
    well to be honest think most would use it for watching live bt sport on their mobiles when they are not at home to watch on their tvs

where?

on the bus

in work

most of the live sport is on in the evening or at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

irishchris wrote: »

Or watching for watching multiple matches in the UEFA competitions, as I used to do with Sky's apps and services. Or other sports on the weekends when there are clashes with Moto GP and F1/WSbR etc.

https://www.setantago.com/

Guessing this is the site? If so, shame there will be no support for Android at the beginning, and also the use of Silverlight.

• Advertisement

Racket wrote: »
    Or watching for watching multiple matches in the UEFA competitions, as I used to do with Sky's apps and services. Or other sports on the weekends when there are clashes with Moto GP and F1/WSbR etc.

Guessing this is the site? If so, shame there will be no support for Android at the beginning, and also the use of Silverlight.

99% of subscribers watch the TV channels on their TV

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

where?

on the bus

in work

A lot of people do work in the evenings and at the weekend. What are you on about?
    99% of subscribers watch the TV channels on their TV

Just stop. There are uses for an app. I use them as do many more, even if it is on a tablet in the kitchen while I am making dinner.

lertsnim wrote: »
    A lot of people do work in the evenings and at the weekend. What are you on about?

Just stop. There are uses for an app. I use them as do many more, even if it is on a tablet in the kitchen while I am making dinner.

I watch most of my TV on my iPad. The Sky Go app has great live channel features and an on-demand section.

where?

on the bus

in work

I work evenings myself as do many. But as said by others many use it even when in their own homes. Especially when in another room whilst the missus catches up on her soaps I would be able to watch the footy in peace on my tablet

Seems setantago has launched but website stream not viewable on mobile. Under the about section it mentions ios but sadly no mention of android. I am hoping this is not an oversight.

"Availability

The service is available in the Republic of Ireland only across multiple devices including web, IOS smartphones and tablets."

Edit: faq states no android support

• Advertisement

irishchris, where are ya seeing this?

irishchris, where are ya seeing this?

It's a shame it seems it will only have the main BT channels and no mention of the BT Sports Extra red button channels for weekends and European competitions.

Doesn't work on Chrome, arguably the world's most popular browser.

And I get a spinning "Loading...." on Firefox.

The FAQ links don't seem to work either.

Great launch! :)

Doesn't work on Chrome, arguably the world's most popular browser.

And I get a spinning "Loading...." on Firefox.

The FAQ links don't seem to work either.

Great launch! :)

Yea, it's a shame they're using Silverlight with the lack of Chrome support.

I'm guessing it'll probably go live properly soon, just the site went live early to the public and seems to have been searchable on Google for about a week.

FAQ links have been working for me, though sometimes I have to click on the question twice for it to work.

Online only subscription seems to be €17 for a month or two months at €30 total upfront, and free with a satellite sub but not cable customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Racket wrote: »
    Yea, it's a shame they're using Silverlight with the lack of Chrome support.

I'm guessing it'll probably go live properly soon, just the site went live early to the public and seems to have been searchable on Google for about a week.

FAQ links have been working for me, though sometimes I have to click on the question twice for it to work.

Online only subscription seems to be €17 for a month or two months at €30 total upfront, and free with a satellite sub but not cable customers.
    I thought Silverlight was deprecated?

I thought Silverlight was deprecated?

its very good on IE

The only time I ever encountered Silverlight was on Micro$ofts own site, which says a lot. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The only time I ever encountered Silverlight was on Micro$ofts own site, which says a lot. ;)

Sky Go insists on it too unfortunately

lertsnim wrote: »
    Sky Go insists on it too unfortunately

As do BT in the UK. It's a shame all round.

Mind boggling. They'll change eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

UFC Fight Pass insists on Silverlight too.

It's fine really.

callaway92 wrote: »
    UFC Fight Pass insists on Silverlight too.

It's fine really.

That has Chromecast and is a very decent player. The apps are equally as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im going to ring Setanta tomorrow to find out when its officially released.

Im very interested in getting Setantago.

mikeym wrote: »
    Im going to ring Setanta tomorrow to find out when its officially released.

Im very interested in getting Setantago.

its released already

Except not on an App.

And it doesn't work on Chrome.

its released already

It hasn't been officially released, just that the website was found to be public and searchable early. BT Sport ESPN still doesn't seem to be running, and they've only been testing the channel streams for a few days.

And the On Demand content needs a lot of work, shows being missed or only part shown, and looks like they just took a recording off the Sky box with a 5-10 minute buffer and all the adverts off the BT channel still included. Even one of the MLB links on their On Demand page is 3 hours 52 minutes long and manages to fit in 3 hours of UFC, a small bit of post-match highlights of a football game and only two innings of the actual content that should be included. It doesn't even seem near public release, judging by that.

latest news about setanta go

Forwarded message
    Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    Subject: RE: Setanta Go is very good
    To: Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the feedback. Its early days with the GO product . A new IOS, chrome and android app should be available before Christmas.

Rgds,

Not saying WHICH Xmas :)

LOL.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Have they stopped the 9.99 offer.....got a call only offering the same as the email deal at 12.99 pm for 2 months....yer wan said that's all they have available

Advertisement