Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta pack on Sky

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

sugarman wrote: »
    Having a look at it again there, whats to stop me and 4 other mates using the multi room option and splitting it 5 ways?

i.e €250 sub for the year

+

€2.99 per extra box per month

( €2.99 x 12 = €35.88 x4 = €143.52)

Total: €250 + €143.52 = €393.52

/ 5 = €78.71 each a year

do it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭samsid

sugarman wrote: »
    Having a look at it again there, whats to stop me and 4 other mates using the multi room option and splitting it 5 ways?

i.e €250 sub for the year

+

€2.99 per extra box per month

( €2.99 x 12 = €35.88 x4 = €143.52)

Total: €250 + €143.52 = €393.52

/ 5 = €78.71 each a year

It's a long time since I used Setanta, multiroom on a Sky card, if you are using same
    there's a way of stopping you doing this. each of the extra boxes must use a card 'mirrored to your original card, ie 5 sky multiroom cards, the cards won't work in other boxes,
    You'll get onscreen message saying card is in wrong box, if it's tried in a different box,
    I might be wrong, but better research a bit more before splashing out

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭samsid

they will check the card numbers are associated to the same sky account, ie mirrors, or multiroom cards on same account, but if you are sure go ahead & try

samsid wrote: »
    they will check the card numbers are associated to the same sky account, ie mirrors, or multiroom cards on same account, but if you are sure go ahead & try

setanta don't check sky accounts for setanta multi-room as I have 2 other sky account holders with my setanta on sky account

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Can we drop this line of discussion now please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Morning lads..
    Just done a rescan and see that Astra 28,2 is carrying Setanta HD.....has this gone live???
    Another question...what channels should I be getting on a full Setanta sub??
    Setanta HD??
    Setanta 1
    Setanta Ireland
    BT Sports 1 (SD & HD)
    BT Sports 2 (SD & HD)
    BT Sports //ESPN (SD & HD)
    BT Sports Europe (SD & HD)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭swoofer

yes, and all the channels you listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will we get Saturday 3pm games on Setanta in HD so ya?

That's it. But Setanta HD is just a HD version of Setanta Sports 1 (aka Premier Sports) not a separate channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Will Setanta HD ever broadcast on Sky? Sick of being told by their twitter feed that it is in their plans.

• Advertisement

Yep it's on the way for the coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

dcr22B wrote: »
    Will Setanta HD ever broadcast on Sky? Sick of being told by their twitter feed that it is in their plans.

It's there with over a week.

Some confusion I think.

Setanta Sports 1 HD launched last week on Sky.

Setanta Ireland HD - we have heard no plans for this to launch on Sky.

Someone in Setanta thought it was a brilliant idea to label Setanta Sports 1 HD as "Setanta HD" on Sky. But on UPC, it is Setanta Ireland HD that is labelled "Setanta HD" (and has a DOG reading "Setanta HD". To confuse matters more it appears Setanta Sports 1 is being represented by the same Setanta HD logo in adverts now!

Confused anyone????????

As long as the Premiership @3pm is in HD i'm not too bothered! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

icdg wrote: »
    Confused anyone????????

Only UPC subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

As long as the Premiership @3pm is in HD i'm not too bothered! :D

It's called the Premier League!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,881 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It's called the Premier League!!!!!!!!!!
    Another entry for the grammar nazi competition :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

is bt sport Europe on the sky roi epg yet? or must we wait till 1st of august

It'll be there by Saturday. Channel 414 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's there with over a week.
    Apologies

I should have been clearer, I meant Setanta Ireland :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

They are advertising all CL games. Does this mean "live"? If so, will they have a red button option on the Sky platform?

Why_oh_why wrote: »
    They are advertising all CL games. Does this mean "live"? If so, will they have a red button option on the Sky platform?

all the games will be live on the red button on sky

BT Sport Europe now added to the Irish EPG, showing a promo reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Got a call from them today offering Aug/Sep for 9.99, he said we'll sort something out again at the end of that......if that's ongoing can't really say no at that price

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Got a call from them today offering Aug/Sep for 9.99, he said we'll sort something out again at the end of that......if that's ongoing can't really say no at that price

Works every time. Just be careful of your bill dates and ring back for the deal. You'll get it for 12.99 at worst or 9.99 if they have that deal going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Works every time. Just be careful of your bill dates and ring back for the deal. You'll get it for 12.99 at worst or 9.99 if they have that deal going.

Will probably do the same, cancel on the net like last time...got offered 12.99 through email, I'll wait for the call if it doesn't come so be it.......must admit he was the best rep I've ever dealt with from these companies, Scottish bloke very chatty ....I almost couldn't say no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

daily.php?start_dd=08&start_mm=08&start_yyyy=2015&end_dd=08&end_mm=08&end_yyyy=2015Bouremouth to start Setanta Coverage !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Does anyone know the new offer for august for 1 euro, assuming you can cancel at the end of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

La Liga looks like it's heading to BT.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/627403299650711552

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does anyone know the new offer for august for 1 euro, assuming you can cancel at the end of the month?

Thread in BA,seems like you need to keep it for 2 months minimum.

Advertisement