Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta pack on Sky

Options
  • 08-06-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

I'm looking on their site it says the monthly package for 2 months at 9.99 ? am I missing something or is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yes it's correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

sonofenoch wrote: »
    I'm looking on their site it says the monthly package for 2 months at 9.99 ? am I missing something or is this correct?

That's for june and July only. It won't be that price when the premier league and champions league returns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Good stuff.......

Tugboats wrote: »
    That's for june and July only. It won't be that price when the premier league and champions league returns

that's all I'm looking for really with the Copa, Euro 21's and UFC fight in July .....30 days cancellation method is it? I'll go back to my other method online when the season starts

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

:)
    For cancellation
    We offer our customers a minimum subscription term of two months and we won’t tie you in to a contract for a year. You may cancel your subscription any time after the first ten days of your initial subscription by providing us with 30 days notice which will take effect 30 days after your next billing dat

Joo0 wrote: »
    :)
    For cancellation

Ah so they will take a further month sub and then cancel? will probably be 20 odd by then...can live with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭webpal

Their cancellation is weird, I think it's 30 days from your next bill date so it could be anywhere between 30-59 days if you see what I mean, I've been on 9.99 for ages, they keep giving it to me when I cancel.

webpal wrote: »
    Their cancellation is weird, I think it's 30 days from your next bill date so it could be anywhere between 30-59 days if you see what I mean, I've been on 9.99 for ages, they keep giving it to me when I cancel.

For someone who wants it for the football do you think it's a wise move to sign up for the 2 month deal and hope they give a deal when trying to cancel?

• Advertisement

Worth a shot, you could say that were on an offer but don't think it's worth it and want to cancel. it is good value, I think, at 9.99 but I wouldn't pay 21.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,881 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Setanta are the biggest shower of whores when it comes to cancelling (to avoid the full sub cost) so you have to be one step ahead of them and get everything in writing. I signed up a couple of days ago for the €5 a month for June and July and I emailed them immediately to get it covered.

Here's the email exchange:
    >>> "muffler" <xxxxxx@xxx.ie> 05/06/2015 15:42 >>>

Viewing card number: xxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I signed up earlier to your discounted offer of €5 a month for June and July. I received the confirmation email but it didn't give my billing date. Accordingly I would be grateful if you could confirm the latest date I have for canceling in order to avoid the higher monthly subscription.

Regards

muffler
    Dear muffler,

Account reference: xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

After looking into your account I can see that you have accepted the offer 2 months @ €5 per month from Setanta Sports.

I can confirm that this offer was activated via the Setanta Sports website on the 05/06/2015 and will continue for June and July.

Please note that your subscription will revert to the full price €21.99 on the 05/08/2015. If you do not wish for it to revert to the full price then you are required to get in contact with us again on or around the 30/06/2015 to provide your 30 days notice, which this is applied from your next billing date from the date you call/email as per our T&C's.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 0818 20 30 40 from Republic of Ireland and 03712 770 393 from Northern Ireland and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We are open from 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on Saturday.

Regards

Just tried signing up to the fiver link above.....gave my Sky card number and phone number clicked continue and got this message

Sorry, we were unable to process your order. The payment was not authorised by your bank. Please try again with another card or call us on 0818 271 400

?? not authorised? I didn't even give my cc details

oddly enough if I take the 9.99 option and click continue it takes me to the details page

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

muffler wrote: »
    Setanta are the biggest shower of whores when it comes to cancelling (to avoid the full sub cost) so you have to be one step ahead of them and get everything in writing. I signed up a couple of days ago for the €5 a month for June and July and I emailed them immediately to get it covered.

Here's the email exchange:

Muffler

just phone setanta to query your situation.

E-mail correspondence are sometimes unclear to customers

I cancelled the 'sky sport 1' only package in May with sky by phone. But Sky did not do it. I phoned Sky today they corrected their error and corrected my account since May

I have the annual setanta pack on sky and I will renew it again in August 2015 for another year. It gives me the live tv sport I am interested in than sky sports

ftakeith wrote: »
    Muffler

I cancelled the 'sky sport 1' only package in May with sky by phone. But Sky did not do it. I phoned Sky today they corrected their error and corrected my account since May

I have the annual setanta pack on sky and I will renew it again in August 2015 for another year. It gives me the live tv sport I am interested in than sky sports

Do you pay full wack for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Do you pay full wack for it?

200euros for 13 months since Aug 2014

its September I subscribe for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 45,881 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Muffler

I think you're misreading my post. I have the query fully answered by email. I was just advising others to be careful with the dates especially in relation to cancelling as Setanta's cancellation process is completely different to Sky's.

In the last 2 or 3 years I have had more problems than enough with Setanta when dealing with them over the phone as they tell you one thing, especially about billing, and then do something different. Its only 3 months ago that the head of their dept had to go and listen to a call and then come back to me and apologise and admitting they had overcharged me. So to avoid any confusion now I get it all in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

there are two summer offers at the moment with setanta

2 months june july for €9.99 or €5 a month for june and july.

I am currenly on june july august september at €9.99 a month. I will ring mid august before my sept sub is taken to see what offers are available.

If nothing i will cancel and i will expect a call by the end of september offering me something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭onform

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Just tried signing up to the fiver link above.....gave my Sky card number and phone number clicked continue and got this message

Sorry, we were unable to process your order. The payment was not authorised by your bank. Please try again with another card or call us on 0818 271 400

?? not authorised? I didn't even give my cc details

oddly enough if I take the 9.99 option and click continue it takes me to the details page

I'm getting the same error, tried several times over the last 2 days. Has the offer closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

My BT and Setanta pack was due to cancel after the 30+ days notice and I got a call offering me 2 months @ 9.99. I said no so they offered Setanta only for free for 2 months. I'm going to call them back in 30 days to cancel again.

• Advertisement

Just rang them, the offer for a fiver a month is only available to previous setanta customers, that's why my order is getting rejected(viewing card number hasn't had a setanta sub).

The only offer they made me was the 9.99 one for June and July.

onform wrote: »
    Just rang them, the offer for a fiver a month is only available to previous setanta customers, that's why my order is getting rejected(viewing card number hasn't had a setanta sub).

isn't that the same as 5euro per month unless you mean the offer is 9.99 per month ?

I need to ring them myself and will update if i get an offer

isn't that the same as 5euro per month unless you mean the offer is 9.99 per month ?

I need to ring them myself and will update if i get an offer

Sorry, 9.99 per month is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

onform wrote: »

Thats a shame. 9.99 isnt that bad either

Richie71 wrote: »
    My BT and Setanta pack was due to cancel after the 30+ days notice and I got a call offering me 2 months @ 9.99. I said no so they offered Setanta only for free for 2 months. I'm going to call them back in 30 days to cancel again.

I didn't think setanta was available on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Always has been available on its own, they are completely independent from Sky

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Always has been available on its own, they are completely independent from Sky

Yes but maybe I wasn't clear enough, that post suggests BT and setanta are available separately, which I didn't think they were? (If you're a sky customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They're not. However there is nothing to stop Setanta splitting them in a retention situation as seems to have happened there. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't allowed to give BT away for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

I didn't think so either and was surprised at their offer. They're probably hoping I'll forget to cancel and pay full whack once the football season starts again. Just shows if you want Setanta only for the Copa America it can be done. Might be worth chancing your arm and asking for a free trial as a new customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

200euros for 13 months since Aug 2014

its September I subscribe for another year

Me too. New yearly sub is €225 but they will offer it to existing subscribers for €199 (same as last year).

Advertisement