Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta pack on Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Batesy wrote: »
    Got a €12.99 for 2 months offer via e-mail.

did you get this email because you recently cancelled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yeah, e-mailed them yesterday to cancel and got a reply this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭webpal

I cancelled earlier and the chap didnt bat an eyelid. They usually do offer an alternative, anyhoo, look forward to their call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tugboats wrote: »
    ignore it. They will call you with 9.99
    Im not sure why you keep posting this. There is no guarantee that they will call. Some people get a call, some dont.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

muffler wrote: »
    Im not sure why you keep posting this. There is no guarantee that they will call. Some people get a call, some dont.

It may help people save money so no harm in that. This is one of the busiest weeks for providers with people signing up for the football and many may be unsure about what they can get. If you don't like my posts report it or put me on ignore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tugboats wrote: »
    It may help people save money so no harm in that. This is one of the busiest weeks for providers with people signing up for the football and many may be unsure about what they can get. If you don't like my posts report it or put me on ignore

they arent likely to call in such a peak trading period, what will happen is they will evaluate subscriber numbers come the end of august, people who are signing up will do it before then so they dont miss out. Setanta will start calling from them to temp the "Maybes" with a good into offer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

MUFC v WBA is not live on setanta at 3pm on Nov 7th 2015 as Europa league losers West Ham v Everton is on instead

It won't affect me as I will be at the game in person

the bad selections of 3pm live games are back

ftakeith wrote: »
    MUFC v WBA is not live on setanta at 3pm on Nov 7th 2015 as Europa league losers West Ham v Everton is on instead

It won't affect me as I will be at the game in person

the bad selections of 3pm live games are back

Thankfully they've changed this one

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Got a mail with new pricing today. Think I will be cancelling.

JzDgdzdBuh5ohR79GNbZ2B9Z08GBvzF9lk5ULQEvHrvPEWjHc7toX9H08NWoNh2q-mBWGqZiFTBpZj6yf8MY_xnBcgxAn3I-Vw=s0-d-e1-ft#https://public.circulator.com/Images/3666420130.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

TheHulk wrote: »
    Got a mail with new pricing today. Think I will be cancelling.

JzDgdzdBuh5ohR79GNbZ2B9Z08GBvzF9lk5ULQEvHrvPEWjHc7toX9H08NWoNh2q-mBWGqZiFTBpZj6yf8MY_xnBcgxAn3I-Vw=s0-d-e1-ft#https://public.circulator.com/Images/3666420130.jpg

Def cancel. You'll get a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Emailed them this evening and received a standard reply with an offer for €12.99 for two months within a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

I hear some people are being offered €155 for a year, but nothing along those lines for me. Would definitely take it at that as I don't have the money otherwise.

I hear some people are being offered €155 for a year, but nothing along those lines for me. Would definitely take it at that as I don't have the money otherwise.

the €155 a year = €12.99 a month.

I am due to ring them next week will post how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Got 9,99 for 2 months. Would'nt give any longer or any other offer

Anyone got any good deals since?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

9.99 is about as much as it's worth although I'm liking BT's coverage of the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone get word on setanta go. I got this last week
    "No date has been set for the launch of the Setanta Web Player. It is hoped to be released mid-September. Please keep an eye on our website www.setanta.com for further announcements."

Would have thought this was mid september

They're likely full of ****. They've been promising that for months and months.

Aiming. And now end of September. LOL.

https://twitter.com/SetantaSports/status/643420894166020096

Does anyone know, if I take the €1 offer and choose HD (No Contract) €25 per month for the period after, could I still cancel before the month is out and pay no more, or try for a deal?

https://secure.setantasubs.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Does anyone know, if I take the €1 offer and choose HD (No Contract) €25 per month for the period after, could I still cancel before the month is out and pay no more, or try for a deal?

You get both the HD and SD channels anyway....from my experience

its a minimum 2 month contrract

so signing up today your first payment will be €1 then in 31 days they will take €25. so you ring them 12 october to cancel before the €25 is taken. they may offer you a deal then.

kooga wrote: »
    its a minimum 2 month contrract

so signing up today your first payment will be €1 then in 31 days they will take €25. so you ring them 12 october to cancel before the €25 is taken. they may offer you a deal then.

Thanks

Great so in space of few days it's now magically end of September. What's odds of Oct 1st arriving with no player

Latest email from them - what a joke. First beginning sept, then mid sept, then end sept, now this! Don't expect to see it this season!!

"Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

We can confirm that we do have a new on-line player which is anticipated to launch in the next few weeks, however no exact date has yet been confirmed. For all the latest updates on this we do advise that you check our website at Setanta.com."

Gas men.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was on the usual 2 month contract @ €9.99/month. Had cancelled and was due for beheading in early October but got a call from them a couple of days ago with an offer of the same again....not the beheading but :p

Mines due to be cut off in a couple weeks, went through the cancellation couple weeks ago so will probably get the call as he said over the phone we'll sort something out again at the end of the current deal .....don't know why they can't offer 9.99 for 4 or 6 months saves some hassle

Yep called today got Oct/Nov 9.99......asked about the possibility of adding for longer said they might work something out for the Winter months

• Advertisement

Still no app.

Pitiful.

Advertisement