Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta pack on Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sky are in real trouble now. The Setanta pack is a very good deal in Ireland imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sky are in real trouble now. The Setanta pack is a very good deal in Ireland imo.

Nobody is in trouble and customers are winning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tugboats wrote: »
    Not really Bt & Sky are having bidding wars which means they up there prices. Sky now is way overpriced. BT/Setanta pack is decent value as u get alot of football (PL,Serie A,Ligue 1,Portugese League,Bundesliga,CL,EL,La Liga,League of Ireland). Sky u got (PL,MLS,Dutch League & Championship?

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not really Bt & Sky are having bidding wars which means they up there prices. Sky now is way overpriced. BT/Setanta pack is decent value as u get alot of football (PL,Serie A,Ligue 1,Portugese League,Bundesliga,CL,EL,La Liga,League of Ireland). Sky u got (PL,MLS,Dutch League & Championship?

Nonsense. Play both off against each other

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

99%of people who watch all of those other leagues whether on sky are setanta will watch if there's nothing else on. They're viewing habits are not dictated by which channel shows a Portuguese mid table dead rubber game.

I do agree that if sky lose la liga there will be am impact but it's likely to be commercial rather than residential customers who do anything and even then most already have bt and sky and pubs won't switch off sky to show Spanish game late on a Sunday

Just to add prices will only go up, neither company are giving discounts.

Setanta have a special offer but it's unsustainable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Why_oh_why

Rang Setanta besides the 1st month for a euro no mention of 9.99 or 12.99 ......21.99 a month in a 12 month contract following the euro month.
    Stuck with a Sky sports deal half price for 3 months. For a football fan BT/Setanta look a better option up to Dec. Of course that probably depends on the team you support

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Why_oh_why wrote: »
    Rang Setanta besides the 1st month for a euro no mention of 9.99 or 12.99 ......21.99 a month in a 12 month contract following the euro month.
    Stuck with a Sky sports deal half price for 3 months. For a football fan BT/Setanta look a better option up to Dec. Of course that probably depends on the team you support

I totally agree

Here in Ireland, we get live champions league games on tv3 on tuesdays and rte2 on wednesdays

the 'sky sports 1 only' package is €21 euros per month that includes SS1 and SS5

Sky should scrap Sky Sport News HQ, its the biggest waste of money and of course paying big money for overpriced pundits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Why_oh_why wrote: »

Sign up for the euro deal then just ring back to cancel.... they won't offer you 9.99 or 12.99 straight off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ftakeith wrote: »
    Sky should scrap Sky Sport News HQ, its the biggest waste of money and of course paying big money for overpriced pundits

Are you crazy? Sky Sports News is a great advert for their sports channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Sign up for the euro deal then just ring back to cancel.... they won't offer you 9.99 or 12.99 straight off the bat.

Better of waiting for them to contact you as I and a few others have done....don't ring to cancel it looks too much like you're looking for a deal so won't get the best.....I canceled the Jun/July deal online, the email response was they're sorry to see me go but offered 12.99 if I contact them before the time runs out.....never contacted them, low and behold a week to go I get the call for 9.99 the next 2 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Not sure if its the right thread to post.

My BT sport channels are gone off my multi room box but the setanta ones are still working. BT ones just say no signal. Any ideas ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

marvsins wrote: »
    Not sure if its the right thread to post.

My BT sport channels are gone off my multi room box but the setanta ones are still working. BT ones just say no signal. Any ideas ??

If it says no signal it is not a problem woth your card but with signal. Try rescan for the bt channels incase of frequency change.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irishchris wrote: »
    If it says no signal it is not a problem woth your card but with signal. Try rescan for the bt channels incase of frequency change.
    That ^

The channels frequencies were changed a few weeks ago although mine updated automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Better of waiting for them to contact you as I and a few others have done....don't ring to cancel it looks too much like you're looking for a deal so won't get the best.....I canceled the Jun/July deal online, the email response was they're sorry to see me go but offered 12.99 if I contact them before the time runs out.....never contacted them, low and behold a week to go I get the call for 9.99 the next 2 months

How'd you cancel online? Just e-mail them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Batesy wrote: »

you can ring or email. if you ring you must go through with your cancellation it takes 30 days and they will ring you back with a much better retention deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,877 ✭✭✭✭muffler

email setantacsire@setanta.mgtplc.com and include your account and viewing card numbers.

Bear in mind that the 30 day cancellation period only kicks in after your next billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

setantacsire@setanta.mgtplc.com ....that's the address I canceled with, just give the account number.....you'll get a response by mail offering a deal, hold off on that they'll then contact you by phone with a better one

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Tonio

I have not been a sky subscriber for a good number of years. Was thinking of signing up to Setanta/BT particularly if it is confirmed that they have La Liga rights.

Would I be correct in saying I can buy a Sky HD box on eBay/adverts/done deal? Anything I should look out for when buying - what model would be best to get? Any that should be avoided (I know the original Thomson ones were prone to failure as I had two of them)?

Once I have the box how do I subscribe? Going online I see that I need to enter a card number. As I have no viewing card currently do I need to contact them by phone to issue a card and to subscribe?

Sorry for all the questions - just want to be sure I understand before ordering.

a sky hd multiroom box will suffice

when you have your box ring setanta requesting a skycard, when it arrives contact them to pair the box with your card and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

kooga wrote: »
    you can ring or email. if you ring you must go through with your cancellation it takes 30 days and they will ring you back with a much better retention deal.

how long after cancelling do they usually ring back ;)

• Advertisement

GY A1 wrote: »

just before cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

U see, I've an issue with that, compared to 3 years ago, I'm paying more to watch the sane.

I only needed a sky sub, but now ud need both. So in reality customers aren't winning

GY A1 wrote: »

my most recent experience was due to be switched off on the 26/5/15 but got a call on the 19/5/15 from 00441313483500 offering me 4 months at 9.99 a month which covers june july august and september.

my september sub is due on the 26th of august so i have to ring them before that date to give my notice and see what options are there.

P_Cash wrote: »
    U see, I've an issue with that, compared to 3 years ago, I'm paying more to watch the sane.

I only needed a sky sub, but now ud need both. So in reality customers aren't winning

You said you'd be happy to pay 10euro extra per month for it to be all on one. Setanta is only 9.99 per month if you play the game:confused:. Also every year why aren't you telling Sky your concerns that you share here and getting better prices for yourself?

You said you'd be happy to pay 10euro extra per month for it to be all on one. Setanta is only 9.99 per month if you play the game:confused:. Also every year why aren't you telling Sky your concerns that you share here and getting better prices for yourself?

Not everyone is like us here, in fact we are minority.

Must customers pay full price

P_Cash wrote: »
    Not everyone is like us here, in fact we are minority.

Must customers pay full price

Then why are you complaining? Let them advertise full whack prices and have people pay it. That allows them to charge fair prices for people who aren't stupid

Then why are you complaining? Let them advertise full whack prices and have people pay it. That allows them to charge fair prices for people who aren't stupid

Dude, last post on the topic, i was replying to the post saying customers are winning.

EOM

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BT won't be getting La Liga for a while yet,Sky have agreed a new 3 yr. deal to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Got a €12.99 for 2 months offer via e-mail.

• Advertisement

Got a €12.99 for 2 months offer via e-mail.

ignore it. They will call you with 9.99

Advertisement