Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

scamalert wrote: »
    did you get you bill with one deal and afterwards they changed it or was it done on the phone and you got billed extra when receiving bill.

Since all calls are recorded,i dont see how they would be able to back out,or you refusing to pay afterwards.

The first months bill was correct, the next wasn't. They had applied the correct discount but increased the base price of my package by over €20. In effect I would have ended up paying a couple extra €100 for the exact same service with the pleasure of being tied into a one year contract. They had the call record but still refused to honour it. I gave up in the end as it was going around in circles.

I would have been better off staying on my original out of contract package but they couldn't put me back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'd have preferred to speak to someone from the Philippines than the lad from Cork I ended up getting through to on the so called loyalty team!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Did anyone get a good loyalty deal with Virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I'd have preferred to speak to someone from the Philippines than the lad from Cork I ended up getting through to on the so called loyalty team!

Whats wrong with the Cork fella boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Im now with Virgin, Just broadband and phone 240mb. 45 per month.
    Service seems decent. Although Im out of the house a lot.
    I prob should go for a better deal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Italiancheese

I have a big problem with VM called loyalty no and the 1908 but am transferred to foreign call centre. There is a problem with my bill as I have been put on a different package to what I agreed on the phone so they said they would listen to the call and get back to me with 48 hours and this is nearly 2 weeks ago. replied to customer survey after the call and requested a call back and still haven't heard. They are impossible to deal with. Conor Pope was on RTE radio yesterday talking about problems people are having with them. I can't waste anymore time but I need to get it sorted. Comreg said to write to them so I wrote directly to VM and am waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I Richard Branson wasn't so busy driving that big red truck around he might manage to sort this mess!

I'm also on the lookout for a new package as the bundle I negotiated with UPC has expired. Hoping someone gets some success here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Comreg said to write to them so I wrote directly to VM and am waiting...

In my experience if the letter is registered and cc'd you get a much faster reply. Also contacting publicly can oil the wheels. And if you still don't get any satisfaction, link them publicly to a blog post with the details and timeline of your interaction with them.

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaIE
    https://www.facebook.com/VirginMediaIreland
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+VirginMediaIreland/posts

Worth contacting the guys via boards, I've had a couple of issues with our account and they were sorted by the guys on boards within a working day. Took the customer service email 8 working days to reply to the last request with a canned statement of no use to anyone.

how do I contact their rep on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

how do I contact their rep on boards?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

I Richard Branson wasn't so busy driving that big red truck around he might manage to sort this mess!

"There's a big red truck in Mianus." Have been considering moving from eir to vm. Currently paying for 60ish per month for phone and 70 Gb bb. Until this thread 45 per month for national calls and 240 Gb sounded like a good deal.

How is the current modem's WiFi performance? Any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am still on the 25 euro per month deal for tv and broadband, after some problems initially I am finding it great, no issues with horizon box and broadband about 50mb wireless. (120mb package).

The same cant be said for the virgin mobile phone though...I was on the phone for 45 minutes and just gave up conflicting information from everyone I talked to (I was transferred I would say 6 times), they needed me to sign a new 18 month contract to join their network, they also couldn't let me keep my current sim, so in the end switched to three very straightforward all you can eat everything for a 20 euro top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

samih wrote: »
    Have been considering moving from eir to vm. Currently paying for 60ish per month for phone and 70 Gb bb. Until this thread 45 per month for national calls and 240 Gb sounded like a good deal.

I have 100Gb and 240 minutes to landline or mobile for €35pm. Getting 70-80Mbps on WiFi. Moved from Eircom a couple of years ago and would never go back. Eircom (whose network is used by Sky) constantly dropped (several times a day) whereas UPC rarely drops (perhaps several times a year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

samih wrote: »
    "There's a big red truck in Mianus." Have been considering moving from eir to vm. Currently paying for 60ish per month for phone and 70 Gb bb. Until this thread 45 per month for national calls and 240 Gb sounded like a good deal.

Wifi is much better range than the old one, the router is still totally crippled though, when you get it you have no port forwarding, dmz, , firewall controls, no parental controls, and uses dual stack lite so you don't even have a proper ip address. Its a dual band router but you can only turn on either 5ghz or 2.4ghz not both!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Wifi is much better range than the old one, the router is still totally crippled though, when you get it you have no port forwarding, dmz, , firewall controls, no parental controls, and uses dual stack lite so you don't even have a proper ip address. Its a dual band router but you can only turn on either 5ghz or 2.4ghz not both!

Just buy a decent router and problem solved .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

May have been answered before but is there a limit to how many mobiles you can switch to virgin media on the one account and still get the 3 months free?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MurDawg

so i signed up paying the 70 euro a month deal. and when i got the box they had the tv box and the internet box seperate (These are the older boxes) there is no HD connection on the older tv box. Yet we signed up for 16 HD channels?

Rang them maybe thinking there was a mistake and they tried charging me 60 euro for the new version of the box (The one with wifi and tv all in one box with HD connection)

Have been sending various emails but same response, a complete joke. Looking for ways I can opt out of the service

You are going to have fun trying to contact them and I hope you have lots of patience because it is not easy to deal with Virgin Media. I have had problems over my account and eventually got speaking to someone sensible who promised to call me back and 4 days later I still haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

MurDawg wrote: »
    Have been sending various emails but same response, a complete joke. Looking for ways I can opt out of the service
    If you haven't been given the service you paid for, you can opt out within 14 days of activation.

Otherwise, cancel your direct debit and send them a letter to their head office explaining the reasons and be done with it.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    May have been answered before but is there a limit to how many mobiles you can switch to virgin media on the one account and still get the 3 months free?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Anyone?

Think I read only 2 numbers can be ported for the 3 months free offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

billbond4 wrote:
    wonder will they bring in the price increase here too?

Guarenteed a price increase in January. Same every year, it will always go up at least once a year.

You'll get a letter saying now that we are Virgin Media we have brought you mobile phone service. Made bb 240mb as standard and have added some great new channels. To continue to invest in our magic service your bill will increase XXX amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

rebeve wrote: »
    Just buy a decent router and problem solved .

could you recommend one?please

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Guarenteed a price increase in January. Same every year, it will always go up at least once a year.

You'll get a letter saying now that we are Virgin Media we have brought you mobile phone service. Made bb 240mb as standard and have added some great new channels. To continue to invest in our magic service your bill will increase XXX amount.

Do they have the usual clause like Sky that allows a price increase?

Being able to get out of my contract early would be handy!

They have the clause, they wouldn't be that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

speaking of option to terminate contract, upc is bought by VM is that not a new company that youd have to have contract with ?since your new bill would show VM and one has signed up with upc.Just speculating here guess legal section would know more but given recent changes and pricing coming down in general on BB and better options being offered think it would be safe option to have ability to leave without paying for breaking contract.
    As like other user really annoyed with provided router which is 1e trash bucket and one needs at least proper switch and router to get decent speeds across devices without draining router with single pc to reboot it every time you do downloads.not to mention spikes in speed drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you haven't been given the service you paid for, you can opt out within 14 days of activation.

Otherwise, cancel your direct debit and send them a letter to their head office explaining the reasons and be done with it.

Cooling off period starts from when you order rather than when it's activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They have the clause, they wouldn't be that stupid.

They don't/they are

Ironically, if they were to introduce such a clause, every customer in a contract would have the option to cancel without penalty because they would be changing the terms of the agreement

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They don't/they are

Ironically, if they were to introduce such a clause, every customer in a contract would have the option to cancel without penalty because they would be changing the terms of the agreement

Wahey! :)

Nice one.

Advertisement