Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Deal

Options
  • 08-06-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭

Guy from UPC just rang me there, offered me HD TV, 240mb B/B and Home Phone for €35 per month for 12 months.

I have broadband and phone already from them for €45 per month so this seemed like a no brainer.

Anyone else get it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tomasL

Price after 6 months

€ 90.00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

tomasL wrote: »
    Price after 6 months

€ 90.00

Price after 12 months €90:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

rob316 wrote: »
    Guy from UPC just rang me there, offered me HD TV, 240mb B/B and Home Phone for €35 per month for 12 months.

I have broadband and phone already from them for €45 per month so this seemed like a no brainer.

Anyone else get it?

After the 12 months if you decide not to keep TV do you still pay €45 for your current phone and BB package or will you be charged €55?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bromley52 wrote: »
    After the 12 months if you decide not to keep TV do you still pay €45 for your current phone and BB package or will you be charged €55?

Oh I never thought of that :o

I'll worry about in 12 months, that's the 3rd time in the last year I signed some new deal or contract with them so there is bound to be something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Tugboats wrote: »
    Price after 12 months €90:confused:
    Says 6 months here and 12 months here!

I'd be more inclined to say it's 6 months. I can't imagine UPC ringing somebody up to offer them more services for a smaller price.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Says 6 months here and 12 months here!

I'd be more inclined to say it's 6 months. I can't imagine UPC ringing somebody up to offer them more services for a smaller price.

No its definitely 12, he read the whole contract T+C out to me over the phone. I don't have a TV service so it will be nice to have it for the next 12 months costing me nowt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Is there a self serve discount on this? Direct debit?

ballooba wrote: »
    Is there a self serve discount on this? Direct debit?

I wasn't paying by DD but had to get this so discount is included I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Get the contact in writing by mail back with the full terms and don't accept the standard one they send out, that says "contract as advised to you by the advisor on the phone".
    At least if you have something in writing, you know where you stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

+1. I think you might find it's 12 months after the initial discounted 6 months (i.e. 18 months).

But I'm surprised you were offered it as an existing customer. The website says it's for new customers only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

No it's 12 months as I signed up yesterday. Only had their broadband/phone package with them 3 weeks at 25 for first 6 and 45 after that for the next 12 but guy on phone said 35 for next 12 months including HD TV and upgrading the broadband to 240mb?? think it was. Had been considering the android box TV as friend has one and you get everything with it but couldn't be arsed now for next year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Get a recording of the call. You'll need it when the bill comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

I took this deal as well i was on 45 bb only got TV added for 35 per month total but definitely only 6 months then 6 months at 90, so if you got 12 months at 35 you've done well, I'm an existing bb customer so they are offering it.

Definitely 12 months, in the TC it said I would be charged €90 on the 13th month.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MICHAELO_4921

rob316 wrote: »
    Definitely 12 months, in the TC it said I would be charged €90 on the 13th month.

How long is the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Their website is really unclear on that, they say it can be 18 months for some customers but they don't state which ones. I think they have to tell you if it's 18 months (during the 14 day cooling off period), other than that it is 12.

12 months.

Their website is really unclear on that, they say it can be 18 months for some customers but they don't state which ones. I think they have to tell you if it's 18 months (during the 14 day cooling off period), other than that it is 12.
    It says 'An 18 month contract applies to new customers taking a discounted offer. Otherwise a 12 month contract applies.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lfc1978

Do you have to ring them or can you apply this change via myupc.ie? My existing contract is due to expire at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Is Horizon TV good on UPC, did they sort out problems people were having when it first came out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

beauf wrote: »
    Get a recording of the call. You'll need it when the bill comes in.
    or in a mail. UPC can be a PITA. you sign up for a deal and then get charge something completely different and then get the run around by their customer service. In my experience you need to go straight to the Cancellations dept with UPC to get anything done

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I just got the same call there about 25 mins ago so asked for some time to mull it over (I wanted to do some digging on here) so going from €55 pm for broadband and phone to €35 for the whole lot and defo 12 month contract.

So just to wait for the call back now oh and I mentioned that I would like the router seperate to the horizon box and was told that would be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

When I check their website all the reduced offers are for new customers.

Question for existing UPC customers who posted here - did they call you or did you apply for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Just got off the phone with UPC.

I rang them after coming across this thread.

They wouldnt give the 35euro a month for 12. Offered me half price for 6 months, taked about skysports being 32 instead of 40 etc.

Would not give me the 35 euro a month deal.

Did existing customers receive a call from them or did you call them about the 35 euro a month deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I got no where with them. I plan to cancel and just keep the BB.

Had enough of the horizon box.

iknorr wrote: »
    Did existing customers receive a call from them or did you call them about the 35 euro a month deal?
    You probably have to be out of contract to get it. It ties you in for another 12 months which means guaranteed income for UPC. Why else would they offer somebody a cheaper deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I got a call from them in fairness I would have been out of contract a good while and this is a new 12 month contract with a €200 per service penalty if you break it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Tippex wrote: »
    I got a call from them in fairness I would have been out of contract a good while and this is a new 12 month contract with a €200 per service penalty if you break it.

Per service? So €600 (BB, TV, Phone)? I don't think that's right.

Advertisement