Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

eamonnq wrote:
    Do you actually get 30mb with that package? Am not in a horzion area (nor an efiber area), so was thinking of getting this from UPC, but wanted to make sure it is actually 30mb speed that you get first.

Ya I do the internet is excellent albeit at 30 megs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ianob7 wrote: »
    Ya I do the internet is excellent albeit at 30 megs

Grand, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

eamonnq wrote: »
    Do you actually get 30mb with that package? Am not in a horzion area (nor an efiber area), so was thinking of getting this from UPC, but wanted to make sure it is actually 30mb speed that you get first.

im on a 30 meg pack but not in dublin. i regularly get between 20 - 25 meg speeds but we do have an old modem/router setup. upc broadband isnt too bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Code: G6PU-FGI4-TTE5-2GWY

Similar case...got the 25 for 12 months contract...ask them 2-3 times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

curranbaz wrote: »
    I was on same, rang & told them I wanted 2 cancel as don't really use the TV. They put me through 2 the loyalty dept who offered 6 months half price. Rejected the offer & they upped it 2 9 months half price so signed up 4 another year! Will look at cancelling when my contract is up unless im offered a similar deal!

Got the same deal on Tuesday of this week. Paying €64 per month and threatened to cancel. Originally offered me 6 months but settled at 9 months half price with 12 month contract. I have Sky Go on the Xbox of my sisters sub so no need for movies,sports etc.

Must try this on the fathers sub in Waterford when the contract is up in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

We need to clear up a a few things when talking about broadband providers & what they offer, UPC offer speeds up to 240Mb in their 240Mb package which translates to approximately 30MB, Mb=megabit & MB=megabyte, I have their 240Mb BB & the maximum D/L speed I get is 3.5MB which is about 1/10th of the advertised speed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

lensman wrote: »
    ...I have their 240Mb BB & the maximum D/L speed I get is 3.5MB which is about 1/10th of the advertised speed.

Then it's a connection issue. I have the 120 and get 15MB/s no probs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Then it's a connection issue. I have the 120 and get 15MB/s no probs
    Forgot to mention my results are on wireless, I'll connect up a lan cable & re test, I take it your using a wired connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

was just about the 25eur 12 month offer. what happens if we downgrade after a year ? that means another contract. So you are acutally stuck for 24months?

Definitely dont want to be paying 80+ after 12 monthsfor the UPC tv services which arnt that great?

was that the catch with this UPC offer??? of 25eur/12mnths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

We need to clear up a a few things when talking about broadband providers & what they offer, UPC offer speeds up to 240Mb in their 240Mb package which translates to approximately 30MB, Mb=megabit & MB=megabyte, I have their 240Mb BB & the maximum D/L speed I get is 3.5MB which is about 1/10th of the advertised speed.

same speed here as well,best speed would been 7mgs or so,but thats with using ****ty 20e wifi dongle 20 feet away and couple walls down :D
    the BB tests would be around 30 to 70mbs on wifi and depending on location.
    Might not sound like much but when you can download 5gb in less then an hour it doesn't really matter,given that its only 45e.

gogreen81 wrote: »
    was just about the 25eur 12 month offer. what happens if we downgrade after a year ? that means another contract. So you are acutally stuck for 24months?

Definitely dont want to be paying 80+ after 12 monthsfor the UPC tv services which arnt that great?

was that the catch with this UPC offer??? of 25eur/12mnths

I got this (TV,BB,Phone) cold call from UPC last week too, deep in the sales spiel there was mention of an 18mth contract, I didn't bite or byte ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I'm on just a BB & phone package at the moment. Signed up about 6 months ago so I was surprised to get an email offering me an "upgrade" to free TV for 12 months - then full price for remaining 6 months.

The new deal means I would be paying €40 per month for the triple play service, going up to €80 for the last 6 months of the contract.

However I seem some on here managed to get deals of just €25 per month for 12 month only contract.

How did ye manage that? I rang UPC earlier and guy on the phone wasn't having any of it and categorically denied that any current subscriber could have been offered such a deal.

Not doubting any of you guys who got such a great deal, but just wondering were you still in contract when you switched to this offer? Were you contacted about the offer or did you have to ring the loyalty team?

Did many of you manage to get a triple play package on a 12 month contract only for €25 per month?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Yes i did...

Ring loyalty....say u want TV....then its up to u how u negotiate !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Moyglish wrote: »
    I'm on just a BB & phone package at the moment. Signed up about 6 months ago so I was surprised to get an email offering me an "upgrade" to free TV for 12 months - then full price for remaining 6 months.

The new deal means I would be paying €40 per month for the triple play service, going up to €80 for the last 6 months of the contract.

However I seem some on here managed to get deals of just €25 per month for 12 month only contract.

How did ye manage that? I rang UPC earlier and guy on the phone wasn't having any of it and categorically denied that any current subscriber could have been offered such a deal.

Not doubting any of you guys who got such a great deal, but just wondering were you still in contract when you switched to this offer? Were you contacted about the offer or did you have to ring the loyalty team?

Did many of you manage to get a triple play package on a 12 month contract only for €25 per month?

I think the 25 deal is for existing customers on triple play.

As a new upc customer I too got the 45 BB phone deal 6 months ago. Received the same email and to add Max TV is 40 then 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

€25 is definitely not for existing triple play customers.

Seems to be for existing TV or Broadband customers moving onto triple play.

€35 offer is available on the website for those moving to triple play:

http://www.upc.ie/existingcustomer/

€25 offer seems to be only available through customer loyalty however.

evostik wrote: »
    €25 is definitely not for existing triple play customers.

Seems to be for existing TV or Broadband customers moving onto triple play.

€35 offer is available on the website for those moving to triple play:

http://www.upc.ie/existingcustomer/

€25 offer seems to be only available through customer loyalty however.

OK that makes sense.

I joined UPC for the first time 6 months ago on the offer of 240Mb BB + national and mobile calls for 45 euro/month.

I upgraded today to include Horizon Max for 40 euro/month for 12 months then 80 euro/month for 6 months. I lost the mobile phone facility. That was the offer stated in the email.

I don't think the 25 euro/month offer is available to me. For whatever reason I didn't qualify. I will be disappointed if I find out different and will look for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Forgot to mention my results are on wireless, I'll connect up a lan cable & re test, I take it your using a wired connection?

yep, wired

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    yep, wired
    Here you go, I've spoken to UPC & they seem to think these results are ok!o0cv9y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 WAZZER25

Just to let you know I had a horrible experience with upc where my broadband and TV were both not working for over a month. Had made countless calls to customer service to no avail. 3 technicians were sent out one put in a new box and only half installed it, never registered the box to my house and left me to finish the instillation. The really interesting part was after the third tech called out he found it to be a fault with the wires outside the house and it was their problem. so when I told them to cancel I as I had not received the service in over a month I was told that I would have to pay 200€ to cancel. Even though it was their fault. The only way to get a waiver would be to write in to upc after accepting the cancellation charge as nobody can deal with it over the phone. I was an 1:40mins on the phone at that stage and I gave up on the end and was given 180€ credit for the month and half i lost and 9months half price. Will be cancelling as soon as that's up as never want to go through it again with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

odckdo wrote: »
    OK that makes sense.

I joined UPC for the first time 6 months ago on the offer of 240Mb BB + national and mobile calls for 45 euro/month.

I upgraded today to include Horizon Max for 40 euro/month for 12 months then 80 euro/month for 6 months. I lost the mobile phone facility. That was the offer stated in the email.

I don't think the 25 euro/month offer is available to me. For whatever reason I didn't qualify. I will be disappointed if I find out different and will look for it.

I went for the 40 a month offer, then saw new customers get the same thing for 25. Filled in the cooling off form, received a call and after explaining I'm not paying 180 more than a new customer and giving them a day/time to pick up the horizon box it was swiftly changed to 25 a month for 12 months.

My old contract only had 3 months to run (out of 12), so thatmay have helped.

GL

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    I went for the 40 a month offer, then saw new customers get the same thing for 25. Filled in the cooling off form, received a call and after explaining I'm not paying 180 more than a new customer and giving them a day/time to pick up the horizon box it was swiftly changed to 25 a month for 12 months.

My old contract only had 3 months to run (out of 12), so thatmay have helped.

GL

You got a good deal there.

I am a new UPC customer on a 18 month BB contract with 12 months left at 45 euro per month - not in there interest to then add TV and give it to me for 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

odckdo wrote: »
    You got a good deal there.

I am a new UPC customer on a 18 month BB contract with 12 months left at 45 euro per month - not in there interest to then add TV and give it to me for 25.

True, I went from 35 for 120 bb + phone to the triple play.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

I have just moved into a new apartment and will be a new customer to UPC. Is the new customer deals advertised on the website the best I'm going to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

username?! wrote: »
    I have just moved into a new apartment and will be a new customer to UPC. Is the new customer deals advertised on the website the best I'm going to get?
    I have a similar question, but I was already offered a better deal that the advertised one (a few weeks back).

At my previous address due to issues with broadband and me having no choice but to cancel! I was offered the 25euro deal for 12 months (no 18 month contract). I am now at a new address and was told this offer would be valid til the middle of this month (I am expecting a call back 15 Aug approx.).
    Of course I ring UPC and they have no record of it and cant offer me that deal anymore, that was the "outcall" team so I am waiting on a call back.
    If no joy will just go to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Current UPC customer. was offerd anytime irish calls, ul 240mb bb and 100 tv channels for 40 for 6 months then 80 thereafter. I only have tv with them at the moment. Do people think this is a good deal ? Or should i be getting something better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Current UPC customer. was offerd anytime irish calls, ul 240mb bb and 100 tv channels for 40 for 6 months then 80 thereafter. I only have tv with them at the moment. Do people think this is a good deal ? Or should i be getting something better ?

read on another thread where someone got the half price deal for 9 months then full price for the remaining three on a 12 month contract.
    I got offered what you did without much of a fuss, so I am going to push for better.
    New customers get TV free for 12 months and €35 for 240MB Broadband/Phone, existing UPC customers who only have broadband and phone also get tv for free for 12 months. Dig your heels in you will get a better deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

read on another thread where someone got the half price deal for 9 months then full price for the remaining three on a 12 month contract.
    I got offered what you did without much of a fuss, so I am going to push for better.
    New customers get TV free for 12 months and €35 for 240MB Broadband/Phone, existing UPC customers who only have broadband and phone also get tv for free for 12 months. Dig your heels in you will get a better deal.

So UPC are now saying that the discount offer for new customers is gone 😬. Seems like a big change in approach for them, or is there something new in the pipeline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

They were advertising this deal (i.e. €25 for the TV/BB for a year) on the radio saying that it would last until the end of September so they must have got a very big response to the offer and decided to close it down early ? Its now gone up to 75euro which is full price for new customers! I assume they will have another offer soon

Advertisement