Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Just got sent www. upc .ie/myoffer5/ via email. €40 for triple play for the year. How does this stack up against offers from cancellations?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

hi i am just wondering about UPCs offer of 1 year free, is it really one year free or how long is the contract when the one year is finished? im either going with sky variety bundle or UPC horizon max

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Just got sent www. upc .ie/myoffer5/ via email. €40 for triple play for the year. How does this stack up against offers from cancellations?

Check the small print, I got the same email, €40 for 12months but.....
    "Offer ends 21/08/15. A minimum contract period of eighteen months for UPC TV, Broadband and Home Phone applies."

Just in case you didn't see it, back up to €80/month after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

SEORG wrote: »
    I didn't. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

SEORG wrote: »
    Check the small print, I got the same email, €40 for 12months but.....
    "Offer ends 21/08/15. A minimum contract period of eighteen months for UPC TV, Broadband and Home Phone applies."

Very good point. What is reall sneaky and misleading is when you click on the "Get it now" link, you are greeted with something completely different.

Very, very naughty, UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Finally !!

Got 25 eur horizon max tv, BB upgrade to 240 and unlimited calls...12 month contract !!

Happy days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

tharmor wrote: »
    Finally !!

Got 25 eur horizon max tv, BB upgrade to 240 and unlimited calls...12 month contract !!

Happy days !!

How long is the contract and does the price go up after 12 months?
    I'm currently with them and paying 45 a month for just broadband... I might chance my arm and see if they will change me to this deal

How long is the contract and does the price go up after 12 months? I'm currently with them and paying 45 a month for just broadband... I might chance my arm and see if they will change me to this deal

Price goes to 80 after 12 months...12 month contract !! i finished my 6 months half price phone n broadband offer this month...cannot complain...would get a new offer when i call to cancel after 1 year....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

I phoned UPC yesterday and simply said they were too expensive compared to offers from Sky and Eircom and that I was leaving when my contract expired in 2 weeks if I wasn't offered the "new customer" deal. After being transferred to the loyalty dept and checking with a supervisor I was offered €25 per month for 12 months followed by €80 for 6 months, I didn't want the Horizon box they offered (I've had one before!!) which wasn't a problem, only change to my current package of phone/broadband/TV was the increase to 240MB in broadband speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭longfellow deeds

I had the 45€/mth deal since last may.
    UPC phoned me 3 weeks ago offering to reduce the price to €35/mth if I took their horizon box for a year.
    I asked if I could cancel after the 12 months was up and was told that I could but they hoped that I might consider holding onto the box when the offer was up,
    no brainer

• Advertisement

Ok so i have a splitter and upc told me keep ur existing modem for broadband and use horizon box for tv.....so i guess crap box wifi issue sorted for me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

I'm currently being charged €55 a month for basic tv and 30 meg bb(no horizon in my area).. Rang to make an enquiry and was offered 6 months half price and then back to full price and also opting into a contract. Currently not in a contract ... Should I hit the road or persevere ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Right, fed up with upc, after the recent price increase i'm paying 85 a month for the exact package which is now 80 a month full price. All they would do was suggest I order the 80 package online.

Question is can anyone order the my offer 5 package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Tempted by this offer as well.

Have UPC broadband since February. Use freesat/saorview/netflix for TV.

The new Horizon box doesn't get great reviews on boards. Has the box improved since launch and is it worth taking a chance on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Got the Horizon box earlier this year and have had no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Any way to improve it's reception?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

They're charging me €65 a month for TV and broadband. Had to spend 30 minutes on the phone and speak to 5 people to get offered €55 for 6 months and then back to €65 renewing a 12 month contract. Not happy. Bye bye UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

the_pod wrote: »
    They're charging me €65 a month for TV and broadband. Had to spend 30 minutes on the phone and speak to 5 people to get offered €55 for 6 months and then back to €65 renewing a 12 month contract. Not happy. Bye bye UPC

I was on same, rang & told them I wanted 2 cancel as don't really use the TV. They put me through 2 the loyalty dept who offered 6 months half price. Rejected the offer & they upped it 2 9 months half price so signed up 4 another year! Will look at cancelling when my contract is up unless im offered a similar deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Hey lads I just moved into a house and is it as simple as ringing in and getting the TV and internet package?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

People need to be aware that they are stuck with TV, Internet and phone for last six months of new contract. You are not allowed to downgrade TV for example as this is seen as a cancellation of service and a €200 fee applies. So basically you're stuck with near €80 per month for last six months. €10 downgrade fee doesn't apply to this complete bundle. (See attachment )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

People need to be aware that they are stuck with TV, Internet and phone for last six months of new contract.

Well that's a bit of a misleading explanation.

It's an 18 month contract with 12 months at a reduced price so you are breaking the contract be removing a service just like you would be by doing the same 6 months into a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

It's an 18 month contract with 12 months at a reduced price so you are breaking the contract be removing a service just like you would be by doing the same 6 months into a 12 month contract.

Mislead are the many of us on here believing they can downgrade to just TV or Internet with phone at the end of twelve months or anytime during the eighteen months without a €200 fee. All packages have changed so it's not far short of €80 a month for last six months which people should be made aware of on signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I ordered it and my order confirmation states 12 month contract applies. It probably is a mistake from them but I have it in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

cgc5483 wrote: »
    I ordered it and my order confirmation states 12 month contract applies. It probably is a mistake from them but I have it in writing.

Tbh they change the pricing at least yearly, that's what I'm banking on!! When they do you can cancel the contract/negotiate a better one.

Negative_G wrote:
    While I'm generally sceptical about making assumptions prior to a report being issued I think there is enough evidence here to suggest the pilot(s) were incredibly stupid and grossly negligent in their actions.

WIZWEB wrote:
    People need to be aware that they are stuck with TV, Internet and phone for last six months of new contract. You are not allowed to downgrade TV for example as this is seen as a cancellation of service and a €200 fee applies. So basically you're stuck with near €80 per month for last six months. €10 downgrade fee doesn't apply to this complete bundle. (See attachment )

I have a 12 month contract...so i should be fine there !!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cancelling due to signal constantly dropping on wifi....due to expire on 31st July (with no cancellation fee, after much arguing!).
    Phone call last night...I think they guy thought I was just trying to drive a hard bargain...eventually he was offering me 120mb broadband and HD Verizon for 25 euro a month for 12 months...needless to say I turned it down.

Well typical UPC issue...was offered 240 and now they are saying it was 120 !!

And I am already praying my next bill will not be messed up with all the overcharges...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hynsey

I have sky already for TV. and was on the same as OP - 240Mb for 45 per month. this offer reduced my bill be 10euro a month, and the horizon box is in a box in a room upstairs doing nothing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hynsey

I have sky already for TV. and was on the same as OP - 240Mb for 45 per month. this offer reduced my bill by 10 euro a month, and the horizon box is in a box in a room upstairs doing nothing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ianob7 wrote: »
    I'm currently being charged €55 a month for basic tv and 30 meg bb(no horizon in my area).. Rang to make an enquiry and was offered 6 months half price and then back to full price and also opting into a contract. Currently not in a contract ... Should I hit the road or persevere ???

Do you actually get 30mb with that package? Am not in a horzion area (nor an efiber area), so was thinking of getting this from UPC, but wanted to make sure it is actually 30mb speed that you get first.

Advertisement