Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Physical is week commencing the 23rd March.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 janedoe88

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Physical is week commencing the 23rd March.

How you finding the tests, have you tried them yet?

I’m good for the weights just the treadmill mill is tough when it gets to level 12

Going to do it everyday till the test

Ya, been tipping away at them. Think I'm ok with them but looking to improve to make it a bit more comfortable especially the shoulder press. Don't know exactly how the rope pull down is set up either.
    Did you have the step test as part of medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Ya, been tipping away at them. Think I'm ok with them but looking to improve to make it a bit more comfortable especially the shoulder press. Don't know exactly how the rope pull down is set up either.

Im the same

Is the treadmill test done in our gym gear.?
    Fitness manual is not very clear

Yeah Chester step test in the medical it’s 10 mins long.

I’m not sure going to ask some of the lads see if they know what machine is being used for the rope pull down and if it’s standing or sitting.

Standing is easier so fingers crossed it’s standing

Yeah I’m hoping if I make my training harder for the treadmill now that on the day it will be easy.

• Advertisement

Royal87 wrote: »
    Im the same

Is the treadmill test done in our gym gear.?
    Fitness manual is not very clear

Any videos of I’ve seen online from different fire stations in England have all been in fitness gear not ppe

I think we wear the ppe for the dummy drag, ladder climb and the claustrophobia test

Definitely for the claustrophobia test anyway that’s the only one that’s clear on the info we’ve been given

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Anyone have their medical done yet?

Next week for
    U any info on how they test single rope pull down? U thinking it be single arm or both using lateral pull down

Yep. Few here have I think.

yeah I done my last week.

Its grand nothing crazy

you have to do a chester step test
    lung function test
    eye test
    hearing test

• Advertisement

janedoe88 wrote: »
    yeah I done my last week.

Its grand nothing crazy

you have to do a chester step test
    lung function test
    eye test
    hearing test

How did you find it the step test? Did the medical take long overall? I’m up this week

How did you find it the step test? Did the medical take long overall? I’m up this week

It was grand they check your heart rate after every 2 mins. It’s 10 mins total but it actually goes by fast enough

I think it was an hour in with the nurse and then you wait to see the dr then your only in with the dr for about 10 mins

Guys anyone in the thread who has the fitness test for DFB before?

Anyone heard anything about physicals yet?

Anyone heard anything about physicals yet?

Nothing say there waiting for medicals to be done meant to be week of the 23rd March

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

Hey for anyone that’ didn’t get in and received feedback. I just got my comments from interview. But no feeeback from the interview with regards where I did
    Poorly and what I need to improve on. Also did they provide anyone with their scoresheet so you can see what areas you did bad in? As without that it’s quite useless feedback? My score 1,400 Out of 2,000 which is effectively 65%. For anyone that got I. What was your score so I can use that as a target for next time.

DePaste wrote: »
    Hey for anyone that’ didn’t get in and received feedback. I just got my comments from interview. But no feeeback from the interview with regards where I did
    Poorly and what I need to improve on. Also did they provide anyone with their scoresheet so you can see what areas you did bad in? As without that it’s quite useless feedback? My score 1,400 Out of 2,000 which is effectively 65%. For anyone that got I. What was your score so I can use that as a target for next time.

We just got an email with out position and that we were successful it didn’t tell us our scores

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

I don't think people who panelled were given the option for interview scores and feedback. 1640 for the pass rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Guys is there any appeals or review process? My score was actually quite high, I dunno if someone made an error or something to be honest. I emailed them but haven't heard back.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Guys is there any appeals or review process? My score was actually quite high, I dunno if someone made an error or something to be honest. I emailed them but haven't heard back.

Quite high but was it high enough?

• Advertisement

Tardis wrote: »
    Quite high but was it high enough?

Sent ya a PM there. Rather keep it a little private without IDing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Its also depended on your score going into the interview. The interview was 60% of the overall marks if i remember correctly.

Dooj wrote: »
    Its also depended on your score going into the interview. The interview was 60% of the overall marks if i remember correctly.

Was 50/50 from the email yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Was 50/50 from the email yesterday

Pm sent

I got an email back saying the score for employment was 1,640. But I was told I can’t get any comments or a break Down of scores. I was told that’s all that they had. But this is untrue as there has to be a sheet of individual marking somewhere? By not giving us that doesn’t it violate GDPR? Without the breakdown it’s not really feedback and a bit pointless as I know what I said in the interview

Well it depends if they wrote anything down regards comments then, yes we are legally entitled to see these. Might need a GDPR request however.

They never got back to me I emailed them yesterday?

I got one reply today. But still waiting to hear back on a follow email regarding break down of my scores

Anyone hear when email for fitness date coming out.

Hope corna virus situation wont change things

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

Royal87 wrote: »
    Anyone hear when email for fitness date coming out.

Hope corna virus situation wont change things

If anything it might put a rush on it!

DFB could become very stretched if people have to isolate. Being on the frontline is putting the crews in a high risk category

• Advertisement

SAXA999 wrote: »
    If anything it might put a rush on it!

DFB could become very stretched if people have to isolate. Being on the frontline is putting the crews in a high risk category

Well at the medical yesterday spirometry tests not been done this week or last week apparently there trying to put a plan in place to get the spirometry tests but not in the clinic that does medical

Advertisement