Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Royal87 wrote: »
    Anyone info on fitness tests booklet doesn't explain it very well.
    Talking to few people from last intake this is new style of fitness test

Is there not a lad on here or a few lads on here gone to a fella to do the tests with them.

If I recall, I remember DCU having some equipment where you can get your vo2 max. Maybe Google vo2 max testing Dublin and give one of them a call and explain what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 janedoe88

It will either be a 15kg or 20kg Olympic bar and then plates added on to make it 35kg total

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

Dant1986 wrote: »
    What do you mean your stage wasnt too bad? Did you know your position going into the interview? I wasnt aware of anything like that. I seen my candidate id number thats all

As tall glass said 30 point for your stage 2 then 10 marks for education and 10 marks for experience. So before you walk in the door 50 marks are gone. If you have close to 50 marks going you are in with a great chance. Below 25 and you needs near perfect interview

DePaste wrote: »
    As tall glass said 30 point for your stage 2 then 10 marks for education and 10 marks for experience. So before you walk in the door 50 marks are gone. If you have close to 50 marks going you are in with a great chance. Below 25 and you needs near perfect interview

Don't suppose you know what points where awarded for what by any chance? 10 marks for education and 10 for experience is fairly broad ranging. Tryna suss out what you get for what for next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Don't suppose you know what points where awarded for what by any chance? 10 marks for education and 10 for experience is fairly broad ranging. Tryna suss out what you get for what for next time around.

Its all in booklet we got!

• Advertisement

Its all in booklet we got!

Oh right, I can't see it broke down. As in Leaving Cert = 2 points, Level 7 = 2 points etc..

Can you send it to me? Dunno how I missed it!

Oh right, I can't see it broke down. As in Leaving Cert = 2 points, Level 7 = 2 points etc..

Did you make panel

Did you make panel

No, just wondering for next time, to gather some points if I can over next few years.

It’s not in the booklet. They don’t explain how they breakdown in that sense. Just tells us 10 points for education are available doesn’t say what you need to have to get 2 or 10 points

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

Guys the physical isn't extreme a basic level of fitness will get you through most of you are overthinking it. Unless your totally unfit or can't manage to lift a little over the weight of a bag of cement

• Advertisement

Shadow104 wrote: »
    Guys the physical isn't extreme a basic level of fitness will get you through most of you are overthinking it. Unless your totally unfit or can't manage to lift a little over the weight of a bag of cement

Yea meant to be alot easier i just think they could give you more info on shoulder press etc. Will they us bar or dumbbell etc.

My mate who was just in last class said cardio is a big thing for training for your crawls, Ba training etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

Yea meant to be alot easier i just think they could give you more info on shoulder press etc. Will they us bar or dumbbell etc.

My mate who was just in last class said cardio is a big thing for training for your crawls, Ba training etc

Along with ba training rolling out hoses and climbing ladders yes cardio fitness is something I would be working on 5k run 2 to 3 times a week and bench 60kg will help when you have to carry the dummys in ba wears n that honestly to put yous at ease the lads that will be assessing you on the day will be there to help you not fail you it's all completely do-able

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DevonKE13

kingstevii wrote: »
    You're confusing everything here. The 9 you're talking about have already done their fire training. They're already operational. They won't be in this class. They still have their paramedics to do.

okay, i apologize i must have been misinformned so, or picked it up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VirgilVD

Hi Lads,

Does anyone know how many ishihara plates you need to pass on the eye examination? And is it a case that if you struggle with them they do another test? I have a slight red green deficiency and struggle with some of the plates but have no problem identifying colours. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

VirgilVD wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Does anyone know how many ishihara plates you need to pass on the eye examination? And is it a case that if you struggle with them they do another test? I have a slight red green deficiency and struggle with some of the plates but have no problem identifying colours. Thanks!

All the details are in the original job spec booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VirgilVD

Dooj wrote: »
    All the details are in the original job spec booklet.

All it says in the booklet under colour perception is to the satisfaction of the county medical advisor, so doesn’t really give you much info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DalkeyDiver

Do penalty points count as an endorsement / non clean licence?
    I've tried contacting HR unsuccessfully to get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

No penalty points dont matter.

Folks don't be over thinking every little detail.

As it stands the competition part is over. From here on, as somebody else said, they will be trying their best to get you through. Be it the physical, the medical or paperwork.

Dont be paying mad money for VO2 max tests or lashing the gym work. Keep it nice and steady and you'll have no issues

The hardest part from now on is the waiting. Expect nothing to happen quickly, its public service now your dealing with for those used to working in the private sector :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DalkeyDiver

SAXA999 wrote: »
    No penalty points dont matter.

Just got the official response and they said up to 3 points is not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

VirgilVD wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Red/Green is allowed. You do a further Test. It’s no issues at all

• Advertisement

Does anyone know anything about the spirometery test(lung function) Is it pass or fail?

last time I done one I was asked if I had asthma, I don’t but just wondering if you need to be a certain standard

Doesn’t mention anything on the candidate booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dant1986

How dose the medical work ecactly? Itheir own doctor just dose a medical examination or do they get records from your own g.p or hospital pr whatever?

Dant1986 wrote: »
    How dose the medical work ecactly? Itheir own doctor just dose a medical examination or do they get records from your own g.p or hospital pr whatever?

Their own Doctor does an exam, hearing test eye sight test etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

Does anyone know when the dfb patrol room is recruiting ?

Did a visit to control room before interview officer said no plan to recruit they have trained up a few firefighters to replace the ones there losing to first class

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

The CFO wants to change the way controllers are recruited. Good chance the way it's been where you do 2 years then go fire side is gone.

Got email from DCC first class in early May

Got email from DCC first class in early May

You in the first class?

Did anyone get their medical date yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Nope. I'd say it'll be tomorrow because deadline for replying to email is today.

Advertisement