Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

No doubt the latest update will mean a postponement of things.

Understandable, DFB and DCC have bigger fish to fry for the next few weeks. Hope everyone keeps safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    No doubt the latest update will mean a postponement of things.

Understandable, DFB and DCC have bigger fish to fry for the next few weeks. Hope everyone keeps safe.

Well they described it as mass gathering indoors over 100 should be cancelled so with 50 going through who knows until official word

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Well they described it as mass gathering indoors over 100 should be cancelled so with 50 going through who knows until official word

I meant more the strain on personnel who would be delivering the training but ya, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

I got word that I can appeal today, so might chance my arm.

I see the Army are on standby support as ATCA

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    I got word that I can appeal today, so might chance my arm.

I see the Army are on standby support as ATCA

Did they tell you what the cut off was in relation to your score?

Do you feel you should have scored higher based on what they wrote down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Hr just confirmed fitness test will go ahead as planned emails confirming date and time be sent next week

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

Be under no illusions folks! This class will be going ahead, and probably brought forward a couple of weeks!

Plenty of talks going on about different options now due to the current situation. Basic firemanship course or shortened course and out on the road without the paramedic course!

SAXA999 wrote: »
    Be under no illusions folks! This class will be going ahead, and probably brought forward a couple of weeks!

Plenty of talks going on about different options now due to the current situation. Basic firemanship course or shortened course and out on the road without the paramedic course!

Jesus really surely there not going to skimp on the training surely

I would absolutely well believe it lads.

Makes sense lads

Medical Students been mobilised, Garda Trainees, Army Recruits all mobile.

Royal87 wrote: »
    Jesus really surely there not going to skimp on the training surely

Never said skimp on training. I said basic firemanship. Akin to retained fire training which is done in 6 weeks. So basically no specials (ba, rta, srt, hazmat)

• Advertisement

Never said skimp on training. I said basic firemanship. Akin to retained fire training which is done in 6 weeks. So basically no specials (ba, rta, srt, hazmat)

Ah right sorry misunderstood you. Should have dates next week for fitness. Dcc hasn't been in touch with current employers for references as yet.

Say the current lads are doing some overtime in the coming weeks

Folks, if you have two arms and a set of legs and can go mobile, expect an abrupt entry to DFB.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 janedoe88

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Folks, if you have two arms and a set of legs and can go mobile, expect an abrupt entry to DFB.

Getting real now. We could be in training in a few weeks

Royal87 wrote: »
    Ah right sorry misunderstood you. Should have dates next week for fitness. Dcc hasn't been in touch with current employers for references as yet.

Say the current lads are doing some overtime in the coming weeks

Exact opposite.....lads barely want to be in as it is. Not gonna put themselves in extra harms way doing OT

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

BA & RTC is included in basic firefighting. There is not much point going out on an appliance without having BA done. Retained training is a 3 week recruit firefighter course (including RTC), 2 week BA followed by a 1 week compartment fire behaviour course.

Official

Recruit class be brought forward to begin in April

Contact has been made to re recruit retired personal to come back to work on a temporary bases

Next batch be ready as well to start training straight away after first class!

Official

Recruit class be brought forward to begin in April

Contact has been made to re recruit retired personal to come back to work on a temporary bases

Next batch be ready as well to start training straight away after first class!

Yes got call today 27th of April all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VirgilVD

When are they thinking of calling second class?

VirgilVD wrote: »
    When are they thinking of calling second class?

Talks of them running 4 to 6 week basic training so running the 2 classes back to back.

If that's the case they will need to be writing to the next batch fairly soon

Any idea how many there thinking of calling

• Advertisement

VirgilVD wrote: »
    Any idea how many there thinking of calling

Say it all depends how bad this situation lasts

Looks like it’s only going to get worse

Have they changed the physical to remove the chester treadmill and weights or is that just the lovely rumour mill going ninety?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Dooj wrote: »
    Have they changed the physical to remove the chester treadmill and weights or is that just the lovely rumour mill going ninety?

Yes, they’ll be done at a later date apparently

I am more than likely in class 2, can anyone DM what is required for the medical & Physical, with gyms being closed would like to keep on top of my fitness at home. would really appreciate if someone could fill me in cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

Is there anymore on second class getting called this year or is it just rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

1st class training rumoured to be cut from 6 months to 1 with it being basic firefighting training. No specialized training or BA training. 2nd class called immediately after the 1st.

This is down to so many including whole watches self isolating after possible exposure

Tardis wrote: »
    1st class training rumoured to be cut from 6 months to 1 with it being basic firefighting training. No specialized training or BA training. 2nd class called immediately after the 1st.

This is down to so many including whole watches self isolating after possible exposure

Am i right in saying 3 weeks fire training and 1 week cfr-a?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

So they will have to let the second class know soon as to make arrangements with work and all I’m guessing?
    Also say for argument sake if someone in the class gets it while trainin and the whole class have to self isolate? What would they do then? Just a thought!

• Advertisement

Would they be calling a full 48 for second class?

Advertisement