Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jimmy113

I’d imagine they’ll post the results around half 4 on a Friday to avoid getting any phone calls in relation to it

Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jimmy113

Just rang PAS. Results out by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Does anyone have the information booklet downloaded? Any chance they could send on / upload here?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Does anyone have the information booklet downloaded? Any chance they could send on / upload here?
    Thanks
    I have a copy, will try get it over to you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Just rang PAS. Results out by the end of the week.

Lads this is a really, really long process. You're gonna be seriously pissing people off in PAS and DCC if you're hounding them for dates for results of every stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Results being issued atm, 932 being brought forward to stage 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Is stage 2 just same as stage 1 the questionnaire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

christy G wrote: »
    Is stage 2 just same as stage 1 the questionnaire?

No it’s a aptitude test , maths , comprehension, videos , etc completely different to stage 1

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

And now the agonising wait for stage 2 begins!

Small numbers in comparison to previous years for a second stage, could take a wild guess at a panel of 150 if they halved numbers for stage 2 and then similar after interview.

Or they could be in a rush for feet on the ground, its mentions training from may to November 2020, which would be a quick turnaround. Incedently are they no longer now running the control room to FF route?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

5500 wrote: »
    Small numbers in comparison to previous years for a second stage, could take a wild guess at a panel of 150 if they halved numbers for stage 2 and then similar after interview.

Or they could be in a rush for feet on the ground, its mentions training from may to November 2020, which would be a quick turnaround. Incedently are they no longer now running the control room to FF route?

They took 679 in 2015 for 150 spots. Presumably this would have been doubled if they are (word on the street) taking 300 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

So, what are the chances of ever being called onto stage two if you're not in the initial group of 932?

Taking into account the likely aptitude failures, fitness test and health fails and the need for a significant number of recruits?

If almost 10,000 applied I wonder where the cut off is for "no hope at all"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

5500 wrote: »

From another post here...

9400 Applied, with 1600 coming forward for stage 2, with 750 for interview for a panel of 300.

Also from what i am led to believe the first class is to be in Q2 2020 .

But who knows. Well done to all !!!

4500 applied , chief said it in obi last week, apparently first class in in April/ May .

The control room is up in the air at the minute. Firefighters replacing esc’s for next class of ff

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Fire1985 wrote: »
    No it’s a aptitude test , maths , comprehension, videos , etc completely different to stage 1

Is there any practice tests that you'd recommend ? Thanks for all the information so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

And now the agonising wait for stage 2 begins!

What score did you get and what position on the second phase panel? Aptitude tests for 932

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stepheng1

You were given a score and that dictated what position you were on merit or if the score you got the position you are in ?

Is there any practice tests that you'd recommend ? Thanks for all the information so far.

Test preparations.ie & there’s another company doing them . Afaik they already had course days but you could email them to find out if they’ll do another . It’s hard to get what you need online

What were the points required to get you into The top 932?

Stepheng1 wrote: »
    You were given a score and that dictated what position you were on merit or if the score you got the position you are in ?

My friendgot a score of 585, is that his position on the list?

• Advertisement

No idea that's what I'm trying to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

The first paragraph tells you if you were successful and gives you a figure which is where you placed. Below that tells you the score you got in the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jordon_k

I was given a score and a merit score it says I’ve qualified but they’ll contact me if they need anymore for phase two ?

The first paragraph tells you if you were successful and gives you a figure which is where you placed. Below that tells you the score you got in the assessment.

At right, my mate placed 932. Lucky I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

kingstevii wrote: »
    My friendgot a score of 585, is that his position on the list?

Order of merit is the position. Both score and order of merit where given in the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jordon_k

Based off what I read in the message I got if they need to call more candidates through for stage two they will they’re in need for firefighter so depending on failure if the next stage more people will be brought forward

Don't get too caught up in order of merit at this point, it changes after each stage as the competition goes on, once you were under position 932 for now that's the main thing.

In other recruitment campaigns eg Garda, they move on down the list to additional number's as need's be, although their panel's and recruitment would be bigger than DFB. If they were going for a panel of 300 to last say 3 year's, you'd have thought that they would take more through to stage 2, but I guess only DCC have the answer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Don't worry about your score. If you're under 932 congratulations. If you're a few numbers over 932 the chances of you being called are slim. If you're fairly over 932 or didn't get an order of merit number the competition is over

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Whether you come 1st or number 932 it’s irrelevant. It just means your through to stage 2 & that’s as simple as that . The only time order of merit specifically counts is the panel after interview.

Top 38 on the panel + 10 escs will start ff training in April or May .

Except that 30% of the final result is from tests and 70% is from the interview. So it would be better to go into the interview in first place on the order of merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Would anyone have the PDF with all the details of stages and salary handy. I'm currently traveling and would like to have a read over it. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement