Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Yea I tought so too emailed public jobs to double check and they said the form was submitted and that they got all info

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Yea I tought so too emailed public jobs to double check and they said the form was submitted and that they got all info

Application form is between round 2 and interview

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jimmy113

Anyone received the test familiarisation document yet on Public Jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jordon_k

According to careers services there won’t be any online tests this recruitment only the behaviour questionnaire

Jordon_k wrote: »
    According to careers services there won’t be any online tests this recruitment only the behaviour questionnaire

I've heard similar also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Jordon_k

The last recruitment was ran by a new company and ended up being a huge mess so they’re going back to the original way by only doing behaviour test online

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brown31

anyone have the link to the booklet that was on public jobs when we applied outlining the stages dates etc cant seem to locate it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

Hi is there ip tracing on these test two In my family going for it we should be getting sameish score will I be expelled from the tests?

Hi is there ip tracing on these test two In my family going for it we should be getting sameish score will I be expelled from the tests?

You need your PPS number to register on public jobs. So whoever applies and makes round 2 they'll need ID before sitting the supervised tests, to prevent candidates applying more than once.
    Thousands will be applying so hundreds will have similar scores. You won't be expelled for someone else in the house doing it but whoever goes through to round 2, that's the person that has to turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Anyone know total number that applied?

• Advertisement

TallGlass2 wrote: »

Not sure on this round, but the last recruitment drive in 2015 was nearly 9,000.

Jimmy113 wrote: »
    Not sure on this round, but the last recruitment drive in 2015 was nearly 9,000.

With the top 670 going through to round 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Tardis wrote: »
    With the top 670 going through to round 2

Exactly, you could get 1 or 2 wrong and you’re out . Plus only getting one chance at the aptitude test is harder than before when you used to get to do it at home before going to abbey st

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

So in other words, you've applied twice under different names, and are worried that you'll be disqualified, more than likely you will be especially if the scores are similar. All IP addresses are checked and scores cross referenced

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

TallGlass2 wrote: »

9400 Applied, with 1600 coming forward for stage 2, with 750 for interview for a panel of 300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Dublin_Fan wrote: »
    So in other words, you've applied twice under different names, and are worried that you'll be disqualified, more than likely you will be especially if the scores are similar. All IP addresses are checked and scores cross referenced

Haha , I’m sure there’s plenty of lads who’ve had family members applying strangely enough

9400 Applied, with 1600 coming forward for stage 2, with 750 for interview for a panel of 300

750 for interview? Surely that process would take too long?

That’s some cut from stage 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

Anyone have a description of the fitness test and targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

so now that the initial screening is complete what do people make of the test?

I am actually quite happy with what they decided to do. I think it will take out the majority of the "cheating" part to get past the first cut and I also think it will take away the opportunity for people to give out about being a good candidate for the job but not making the cut because they are not great at maths etc.

Also, Does anyone have a hint as to when the second stages will be completed in November? I need to make plans and would obviously prefer if the two dates didn't conflict (should I be successful).

• Advertisement

so now that the initial screening is complete what do people make of the test?

I am actually quite happy with what they decided to do. I think it will take out the majority of the "cheating" part to get past the first cut and I also think it will take away the opportunity for people to give out about being a good candidate for the job but not making the cut because they are not great at maths etc.

Also, Does anyone have a hint as to when the second stages will be completed in November? I need to make plans and would obviously prefer if the two dates didn't conflict (should I be successful).

Very unusual numerical and verbal reason were left out of round 1. I can only assume they'll be in round 2 with the observation tests. But they're totally restructured the recruitment process this time so who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I thought the opposite, in the sense that it's fairly obvious the questions had to be answered the way they wanted them answered, and people were going to answer them that way even if it wasn't how they really felt/thought about a thing just to get through, but such are these competitions there's always a "cheat" element to them at online stages.

I'd imagine it would have made the cut a bit harder for them as opposed to also having verbal/numerical thrown in unless they are bringing a lot through to stage too. I think PAS can only test a couple of hundred per day though, so would take a while to sift through if numbers were big. I think there was someone on here before from DCC HR or PAS that was able to drop a hint here and there they might resurface again!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

PAS tendered out the recruitment process to a different company this time around I believe. That is why the online test is a bit different than last time and the aptitude in person will be a bit different from the last one. All it is for PAS is a culling process and they really dont care how ruthless it is as long as they get the numbers down.

JTH80 wrote: »
    PAS tendered out the recruitment process to a different company this time around I believe. That is why the online test is a bit different than last time and the aptitude in person will be a bit different from the last one. All it is for PAS is a culling process and they really dont care how ruthless it is as long as they get the numbers down.

Be nice to get the results of phase one out ASAP!

Be nice to get the results of phase one out ASAP!

Will be another 2 weeks at least I reckon

Tardis wrote: »
    Will be another 2 weeks at least I reckon

At least. They had said it would be early to mid Nov. Be nice to get to the next round, especially with the proposed cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Is it too optimistic to hope for results this week? The wait is the worst part about these competitions

Is it too optimistic to hope for results this week? The wait is the worst part about these competitions

I was in touch with them (DCC) last week and they said early November. No actual date.

Mail received from them-

The results for the Stage 1 - Assessment Questionnaires are being processed at the moment and will be issued to your message board in early November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Mail received from them-

The results for the Stage 1 - Assessment Questionnaires are being processed at the moment and will be issued to your message board in early November.

I’d imagine they’ll post the results around half 4 on a Friday to avoid getting any phone calls in relation to it

Advertisement