Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM - You do the maps *Mod request post #667*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

It's going towards my wedding next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

78 is the answer from Dermot and Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

3rd no. is 78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Looks like 78

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Looks like they are all following the same time as yesterday...
    Ian does it at around 7.55am
    Anton was 10.55am yesterday, 11.05 today (but I think he went over with the guest)
    D&D were 1.40pm both days....
    Louise should be about 3.55pm
    Matt should be about 4.55pm

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

78 High St

http://goo.gl/maps/TL8Mr

Dermot and Daves clue 78

So who's putting the money up for prizes here do we reckon? Google so that people use their service etc or DOB going for a bit of good PR for a change?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sunshinereggae

Thanks to everyone, I just missed it, very much appreciated - good luck

So who's putting the money up for prizes here do we reckon? Google so that people use their service etc or DOB going for a bit of good PR for a change?

Got to be Google imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Got to be Google imo.

You'd think so but the last time Google did a tie-in with Today FM, they were all over it. It was around the time that Ray Foley left.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭SERCPRO

youknowwho wrote: »
    Agreed its 14, but it's not station road. Its Drishane Road.

It looks like 15 to me (the first lampost to the left of the Firestation has 15 on the yellow sticker (it's slightly blurred in the image ) https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.06483,-9.06136,3a,15y,345.09h,91.06t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sxbws72PMVaHCQfopT3ENYw!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

• Subscribers Posts: 41,280 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

SERCPRO wrote: »
    It looks like 15 to me (the first lampost to the left of the Firestation has 15 on the yellow sticker (it's slightly blurred in the image ) https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.06483,-9.06136,3a,15y,345.09h,91.06t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sxbws72PMVaHCQfopT3ENYw!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

thats the lamp post to the right,

the clue was the lamp post to the left

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Can I ask what the third clue was?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭SERCPRO

sydthebeat wrote: »

Doh !!!! Thanks ! :)

sydthebeat wrote: »

Ya plus I doubt they would use a number that's blurry.

St Canice's Credit Union is on High st Kilkenny. What is the number on the building?

The number outside the credit union on the high street in Kilkenny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd imagine it's a combination of internal advertising to increase listenership & app installations, Google, Texts paying some amount (I assume you have to pay for the texts and they aren't free?) and some advertising agency who want to get peoples names, phone numbers and locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

prodsc wrote: »
    St Canice's Credit Union is on High st Kilkenny. What is the number on the building?

Thank you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

fatalll wrote: »
    I think this competition will somehow have loads of winners close to Dublin.
    If so its a fix. Time will tell I guess, but cant see many winners from Donegal,Sligo,Kerry,Clare etc

They really shouldn't be asking for location to be honest...

Half the population live in Leinster which may influence where the winners come from, but if its anything like Facebook comps then I'd have some money on their being several winners from(in no particular order) Clare, Limerick, Waterford, Louth, Wexford and Laois, as these counties always seem to win a greater than the expected share of competition prizes, despite representing just 16% of the countrys' population. It was also interesting to note that Limerick, Waterford, Wexford and Clare also featured among the clues yesterday.

Next clue coming up

Answer is 1911.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Post office Castlerea, number above window

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ja9t

Next clue! from Louise: "On the Main St in Roscrea Co Rosscommon, at the post office, there's a date underneath the harp over the center window. What's the #?"

• Subscribers Posts: 41,280 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yep 1911

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sunshinereggae

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭doctorwho-fan

someone kindly posted earlier 78

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RoyTheBoy

ja9t wrote: »
    Next clue! from Louise: "On the Main St in Roscrea Co Rosscommon, at the post office, there's a date underneath the harp over the center window. What's the #?"

Castlerea, not Roscrea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

ja9t wrote: »

This confused me as I missed Louise's clue. I have since worked out that is a typo as someone else mentioned Castlerea which is in Roscommon....and the PO there does have a harp over the window...unlike Roscrea!!

Just need Matt's clue now :)

Advertisement