Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM - You do the maps *Mod request post #667*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

text sent. thanks for the updates earlier. I missed Louise's clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Good luck everyone!

Would be great if someone on the thread won!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

Good luck everyone. Fingers crossed someone here wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 amayoman

You can be sure that someone from Today Fm has been looking at this thread also. HELLO TODAY FM :)

Text sent so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Stupid question, but what do we text and where to... I only just found out about this 30 seconds ago!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I can't text the 53102 on the 48 network

I can and I'm on 48

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

to 53102
    MAPS 8859 YOUR NAME & LOCATION

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Praetorian wrote: »
    Stupid question, but what do we text and where to... I only just found out about this 30 seconds ago!!!

Text Maps 8859 "Your name and Location" to 53102

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Saved by the bell thanks guys, if i win I'll reward my helpers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I can and I'm on 48

I'm afraid not unless it's sending by imessage or some other method, there are many posts online about 48 not allowing premium texts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Sounds like a deserving first winner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

Damn! I didn't win. Dude who won seems like he really needs it and appreciates the money though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Wasn't me :(

Winner seems deserving though

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Ah god my heart goes out to the chap who won. Normally I hate the winners in my envy but he seems genuinely so appreciative to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Sarn

Listening to that really made me smile. Sounds well deserved.

I'm afraid not unless it's sending by imessage or some other method, there are many posts online about 48 not allowing premium texts

My texts always send, it just comes outta my credit

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

Good luck everyone. Fingers crossed someone here wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My texts always send, it just comes outta my credit

What credit? What plan are you on? Plans include texts to mobiles. Are you saying you add credit to send texts to premium numbers? Everything I've read online days they don't allow premium numbers.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Premium-SMS/td-p/7516

What credit? What plan are you on? Plans include texts to mobiles. Are you saying you add credit to send texts to premium numbers? Everything I've read online days they don't allow premium numbers.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Premium-SMS/td-p/7516

Im on the don plan. But I also add credit too text premium numbers if I need. For instance like today it was needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Anyone get this morning s one.. Came on while in tunnel and lost reception.

• Advertisement

First number today from Ian is 14 - just got it there now - clue was Athlone town - Friary Lane, you'll find St. Anthonys Church, to the right of the church on a wall close to the road is a tourist trail sign - the two digit number on that sign is what you need

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

First number today from Ian is 14 - just got it there now - clue was Athlone town - Friary Lane, you'll find St. Anthonys Church, to the right of the church on a wall close to the road is a tourist trail sign - the two digit number on that sign is what you need

thanks for the answer, but just curious where you got this - can't see the sign anywhere - can you paste the street view link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ladsmammy

lambayire wrote: »
    "Remember, you have to add up all 5 numbers from that day and text the word MAPS followed by your 4-digit answer and your name and location to 53102."

I really dislike the location bit of the text entry. It's like they are trying to spread the winners around the country.

If Ian is going to get to the winner before 7pm he's going to have to know where he is going, no way he is going to make it to Donegal in a hour

scarlet43 wrote: »
    thanks for the answer, but just curious where you got this - can't see the sign anywhere - can you paste the street view link ?

Sure, here you go https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.422889,-7.938504,3a,75y,164.54h,77.57t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sL5t77QShUfY5siYphtA6ew!2e0!6m1!1e1

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

That's a schneaky little one!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Ians today 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Must say yesterdays winner was great
    nice to see someone who needs it by the sound of it...didn't feel too bad not winning yesterday...however today is a different day lol

Yep 14 for Ians show today

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

ladsmammy wrote: »
    If Ian is going to get to the winner before 7pm he's going to have to know where he is going, no way he is going to make it to Donegal in a hour

They were only doing that for the first day I think, maybe that's why they needed a location on the text & the cynical part of me thinks it could be why someone close to the capital won...

By all accounts he seemed like a decent & deserving winner though so congrats to him and hope it its put to good use :)

Advertisement