Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM - You do the maps *Mod request post #667*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

dcrosskid wrote: »
    They were only doing that for the first day I think, maybe that's why they needed a location on the text & the cynical part of me thinks it could be why someone close to the capital won...

By all accounts he seemed like a decent & deserving winner though so congrats to him and hope it its put to good use :)

I hope you are right - when I win the 10,000 I'd rather not have half the todayfm cast&crew turning up at my door in a todayfm car with a cheque in hand and alerting the neighbours!! Althought if I did actually win.... I'm sure I'd put up with the visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just got the notification through there on the app about the next clue coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anton doing his clue now

• Subscribers Posts: 41,396 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The lamppost outside the fire station in milstreet in cork, is it 14 again??

• Advertisement

Yeah 14 again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

another 14

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ladsmammy

dcrosskid wrote: »
    They were only doing that for the first day I think, maybe that's why they needed a location on the text & the cynical part of me thinks it could be why someone close to the capital won...

By all accounts he seemed like a decent & deserving winner though so congrats to him and hope it its put to good use :)

Think Anton said every day it would be delivered by hand

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

Thanks for that buckfasterer

• Advertisement

ladsmammy wrote: »
    Think Anton said every day it would be delivered by hand

Yeah everyone going to get it delivered that day.....hope Ian has the chopper ready to get to Donegal in time for the end of Matt's show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Agreed its 14, but it's not station road. Its Drishane Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Did Anton definitely say outside the fire station? I though I heard "heading down Station Road"

Yeah everyone going to get it delivered that day.....hope Ian has the chopper ready to get to Donegal in time for the end of Matt's show!!

So they are going to pick a county a day and have someone on the way there earlier ???

sebcity wrote: »
    Did Anton definitely say outside the fire station? I though I heard "heading down Station Road"

He said a lamp post to the left of the station

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

sebcity wrote: »
    Did Anton definitely say outside the fire station?

That's what i heard.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

He said a lamp post to the left of the station
    h3000 wrote: »
    That's what i heard.

Cool, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

So they are going to pick a county a day and have someone on the way there earlier ???

I think this competition will somehow have loads of winners close to Dublin.
    If so its a fix. Time will tell I guess, but cant see many winners from Donegal,Sligo,Kerry,Clare etc

They really shouldn't be asking for location to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

fatalll wrote: »
    I think this competition will somehow have loads of winners close to Dublin.
    If so its a fix. Time will tell I guess, but cant see many winners from Donegal,Sligo,Kerry,Clare etc

They really shouldn't be asking for location to be honest...

The majority of the population is close to or in Dublin, of course there will be more winners there, it's simple numbers, not a fix. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_counties_by_population
    There could be 8 entries to every 1 entry in Donegal for example, much higher odds for the winner to be from Dublin in that case.

They say in the terms that you may have to travel on the day to collect your prize but it will be at their expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 fraggle1980

Just a QQ. Did you get a confirmation message after you sent the text? I didn't and don't know if i entered at all ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fraggle1980

Just a QQ. Did you get a confirmation message after you sent the text yesterday eve? I didn't and don't know if i entered at all ??

Just a QQ. Did you get a confirmation message after you sent the text yesterday eve? I didn't and don't know if i entered at all ??

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Didn't get a confirmation text either, was wondering the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

There has to be a reason why they ask for location and I think it's to spread the winners around.
    I don't buy the is it John Murphy from Skibereen or John Murphy from Killarney.
    They call the winner and find out where they are from.

A bit like the swizz that is the Saturday National Lottery show.

One of the reasons I much prefer the caller 9 comps.
    They have not much control on locations for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

The majority of the population is close to or in Dublin, of course there will be more winners there, it's simple numbers, not a fix. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_counties_by_population
    There could be 8 entries to every 1 entry in Donegal for example, much higher odds for the winner to be from Dublin in that case.

They say in the terms that you may have to travel on the day to collect your prize but it will be at their expense.

Ah I understand population wise obviously there will be more winners around Dublin, I should have qualified it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

This really is an awesome competition, it's interesting, generous and exciting. Fair play to today fm!

It would be interesting to know how many entries they are receiving vs entries with the right answers! I'm sure we have better odds than the lottery :)

If I won, I'd definitely book a nice holiday & I'd buy my little fella his first push bike & my missus a few nice things. What about you folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

I'd pay for the upcoming honeymoon and knock off some wedding day debt i'm acquiring!

Although I do feel like I am cheating as I can't listen to radio at work and I'm using this board for updates but I do listen in morning and evening on way home from work.

I'd pay for a gardener to come in and help me put some shape on my garden (I bought my house a year ago and I'm only getting around to the garden now after dealing with the inside first)- it's a mess and I'm getting nowhere by myself. The rest I would give to my parents so that they could upgrade their car.

• Advertisement

Car loan, new bike, 2nd year of masters. Would cover the lot!

Advertisement