Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM - You do the maps *Mod request post #667*

Options
  • 02-06-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

With Today FM giving away 200k over the next 20 days perhaps those trying to win should help each other here.

Full details on the comp are here http://www.todayfm.com/reader/421.441/17798/0/

Clues are only givin out once on five shows during the day so might be able to post the clues here to help one another out..........

Its just an idea and good luck to everyone playing !

Moderator: We have a request that people use spoiler tags if they're revealing more than just the clues and I can see the sense in it.

Many people will want to figure out the numbers from the clues but might just have missed the clue on the radio.

Can I ask people to now spoiler their answers? I'll see if this warning is heeded so that hopefully there won't be a need for a 24-hour ban for spoiling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Clues only or answers too?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

I missed the Anton Savage clue. Did anyone catch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Post the numbers and the shows something like

Ian's - 15
    Anton - 65

These are examples lads! Not the numbers

Ian D - 16
    Anton S - ???

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

I dont get whats going on , any clearer on the clues and objective please ?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,140 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

antons clue was
    "dungarvan arts centre, on corner of church st and castle st... 4 digit number on the front (top) of the building"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Anton 1641

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

I dont get whats going on , any clearer on the clues and objective please ?

5 clues per day - Ian Dempsey, Anton Savage, Dermot & Dave, Louise Duffy, Matt Cooper - each clue leads to a number that you find using google maps and street view.
    Once Matt Coopers clue is given, you take the 5 answers, add them and text your answer and name to today FM to win €10,000 - they're doing it for 20 days in June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Would be good to have the clues too. It is good fun looking for the numbers. The Arts centre wasn't exactly where Google maps said it was!

Good luck people!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

"Remember, you have to add up all 5 numbers from that day and text the word MAPS followed by your 4-digit answer and your name and location to 53102."

I really dislike the location bit of the text entry. It's like they are trying to spread the winners around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

sebcity wrote: »
    Clues only or answers too?

Hey whatever people want !

D&D's clue = Wexford town, a level crossing on commercial quay. There is a white sign saying XT___E, three numbers missing....find them!
    I can't!

All I see is XR 161

Same as! I see a sign at a level crossing that reads XR161 but no XT???E.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TreacyOne

I am having a similar issue but I can find XC161E and I was sure they said XT?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

D&D just confirmed it's XR not XT

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TreacyOne

I am having a similar issue but I can find XR161E and I was sure they said XT?!

Haha they corrected themselves there!

It's the 3 digits after xr

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Same here...

All I see is a sign XR161E

Wonder if Dermot messed up...

Actually its on the radio now, and they are correcting the "error" by higher ups!

So their number is 161

Been corrected to XR ___E

Have seen XR161C

• Advertisement

Langers! XR not XT. Still don't see the letter E but the number must be 161...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Anyone else see a pattern?

16 in all the clues so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Keep driving around the crescent shape corner. It's down there!

The crossing in front of Tourist office just in Commercial Quay. The sign is in front of the toilet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

lambayire wrote: »
    Keep driving around the crescent shape corner. It's down there!
    Cheers! It was driving me mad looking for it there. If anyone is annoyed about not seeing the E on the sign, here's the Google Maps link.

So what are today's numbers lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone know what time Cooper will be doing them? It will be the hardest for me to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone know what time Cooper will be doing them? It will be the hardest for me to get

Doubt the times will be predictable otherwise people will set timers and listen to some other station, it'll be at a random time. Just come back here later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

That's what I'm going to do. I'm usually in the car when The Last Word is on so no way to look up the map even if I do hear the clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Synode wrote: »

Thats what this thread is for:)

Advertisement