Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien, Catherine Murphy and the threatening lawsuit letters....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well they have a better chance than our lot or the maltese!

Yes they have. Certain Americans are very, very cheesed off with Mr. Fathead going back a while, because some of his more "questionable" activity has cost them a *lot* of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yes they have. Certain Americans are very, very cheesed off with Mr. Fathead going back a while, because some of his more "questionable" activity has cost them a *lot* of money.
    I am not too aware of that. I knew about a defamation case in California. But what else was he up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

TallGlass wrote: »
    Surprised there hasn't been a DOS attack on the oireachtas.ie website been honest :pac:

I think it's out of a certain persons sphere of knowledge. Maybe they could look up Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC) :P

I think it's out of a certain persons sphere of knowledge.
    Knowledge can be hired.

I am not too aware of that. I knew about a defamation case in California. But what else was he up to?

Have a look at the whole GSM licensing/ESAT Digifone caper, and Motorola's dim view of it.

• Advertisement

Knowledge can be hired.

True

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i've a funny feeling that #redactedmovies will be the choice for friday afternoons movies and booze on moncrieff. if he'll read any of them out is another thing

TallGlass wrote: »
    Surprised there hasn't been a DOS attack on the oireachtas.ie website been honest :pac:

That'd be a bit amateur, even for Captain Fathead.

That'd be a bit amateur, even for Captain Fathead.

I wonder what kind of backup model that website has, My dealings with Government body's in the past tells me I should be very worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

I wonder what kind of backup model that website has, My dealing's with Government body's in the past tells me I should be very worried.

backup ?? Fat Chance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Chucken wrote: »
    People can bring down a government. WE are the people. I've never been as angry in my life. The whole thing just stinks.

Labour could exit this government. That's all I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

JillyQ wrote: »
    It fairly difficult to get state contracts,I know when you do tender you have to go through hoops with tax clearence certs etc.

Yes but that's exactly the point - "connected" people like DOB seem to get them far more often. My point is, he was found by Moriarty to have bribed a TD. He and any company he is involved with at a senior level should be permanently banned from any further involvement with state or semi state projects.

Look I know it sounds harsh, but harsh penalties are the only way to force these gobsh!tes to play by the rules. Unfortunately, I believe some sections of Irish society have lived in a politically privileged bubble for so long (in some cases generations) that they must be forced, not taught, to behave ethically.

Labour could exit this government. That's all I see.

May sound silly, Would that bring the government down due to not having a majority ? And force an election ?

Yes but that's exactly the point - "connected" people like DOB seem to get them far more often. My point is, he was found by Moriarty to have bribed a TD. He and any company he is involved with at a senior level should be permanently banned from any further involvement with state or semi state projects.

Look I know it sounds harsh, but harsh penalties are the only way to force these gobsh!tes to play by the rules. Unfortunately, I believe some sections of Irish society have lived in a politically privileged bubble for so long (in some cases generations) that they must be forced, not taught, to behave ethically.

Do you think if this happened in the UK it would have the same media black out ? Or would there be massive uproar and high court challenges.

Do you think if this happened in the UK it would have the same media black out ? Or would there be massive uproar and high court challenges.
    I dunno look at the MP peado ring. Look at Jimmy Saville and the gagging orders he had.

May sound silly, Would that bring the government down due to not having a majority ? And force an election ?

Yes. That's what I mean. The only way to change government. Labour might gain some votes from it, but I doubt it.

I wonder what kind of backup model that website has, My dealings with Government body's in the past tells me I should be very worried.

Meh. Obviously Fathead can pay to have anything removed/destroyed in this corrupt little sh1thole, until he is stopped by a civilised jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ryan giggs had a fair go at creating a media blackout but it had the opposite effect. Hopefully this will go the same way and Mr redacted will only succeed in digging a hole so big that an entire government can fall in

Meh. Obviously Fathead can pay to have anything removed/destroyed in this corrupt little sh1thole, until he is stopped by a civilised jurisdiction.

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the EU/EZ but they have their uses. I wonder if it has registered yet in our partners minds. As a Foreigner I think Ireland needs outside help on this one. Have been here over 2 decades and seen how things are run something needs to be done as the voice of the people seems to get silenced.

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the EU/EZ but they have their uses. I wonder if it has registered yet in our partners minds. As a Foreigner I think Ireland needs outside help on this one. Have been here over 2 decades and seen how things are run something needs to be done as the voice of the people seems to get silenced.

I was thinking more along the lines of Illinois or Texas than any Europrats.

• Advertisement

The most apalling thing is that, at the time when the tax payer is on the ropes to bail out a previously corrupt bank the public official charged with taking it over, according to Murphy, grants a special deal to a man already proven to be corrupt by a tribunal.

It's just the knowledge that they can get away with it.

I was thinking more along the lines of Illinois or Texas than any Europrats.

I don't think anything has been done to harm the U.S. or in U.S. jurisdictions. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

1.4% he is paying on his loan? I pay 4.5% on mine and he has at least a thousand thousand million more Euro then I have. Where is the fairness.

The most apalling thing is that, at the time when the tax payer is on the ropes to bail out a previously corrupt bank the public official charged with taking it over grants a special deal to a man already proven to be corrupt by a tribunal.

It's just the knowledge that they can get away with it.

I don't know this could be a watershed moment Fingers crossed you can only turn public opinion so far against you until that opinion becomes toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Twin us with Delaware. Wait for a landing craft full of accountants.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't know, to be honest. The UK is not a nation I would have chosen as a model for freedom of speech - look how DA-notices were used to quickly dampen the Snowden scandal when it first broke. For a long time, even such outlets as the BBC were nervous about reporting fully on GCHQ stories, and the Guardian's UK office was invaded by special agents who supervised the forced destruction of computer equipment storing the top secret documents.

So... I wouldn't aspire to have a media system like the UK's. We need a constitutional right to freedom of speech in Ireland which makes it difficult or impossible to censor people in court. Libel laws should further be restricted to printing untruths about people - currently, they are often used to silence true, but embarrassing stories on technical grounds.

I don't know, to be honest. The UK is not a nation I would have chosen as a model for freedom of speech - look how DA-notices were used to quickly dampen the Snowden scandal when it first broke. For a long time, even such outlets as the BBC were nervous about reporting fully on GCHQ stories, and the Guardian's UK office was invaded by special agents who supervised the forced destruction of computer equipment storing the top secret documents.

So... I wouldn't aspire to have a media system like the UK's. We need a constitutional right to freedom of speech in Ireland which makes it difficult or impossible to censor people in court. Libel laws should further be restricted to printing untruths about people - currently, they are often used to silence true, but embarrassing stories on technical grounds.

Was only using our nearest neighbour as an example.

I don't know this could be a watershed moment Fingers crossed you can only turn public opinion so far against you until that opinion becomes toxic.
    It's not exposed enough. People are not talking about it enough.

It's not exposed enough. People are not talking about it enough.

Odd I'm trying to find the twitter trending and a person is not mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Funny...none of the usual suspects running to Dinny's rescue on Boards?

It must be late.

Advertisement