Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien, Catherine Murphy and the threatening lawsuit letters....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Schrodingers

GM sierra didn't sorry the company that got the metering contract. Catherine Murphy raised that.

It wasn't a regged company until two weeks after the closing date for the bids.

Ive seen reference to them also getting a contract for the vodafone/esb broadband roll out

Can anyone confirm this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ive seen reference to them also getting a contract for the vodafone/esb broadband roll out

Can anyone confirm this

Yes they did. (ESB/Vodafone) Siro

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/companies/siteserv-wants-d%C3%A1il-record-amended-on-murphy-speech-1.2221517

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Odd I'm trying to find the twitter trending and a person is not mentioned.

#DenisOBrien is trending at number 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Tony EH wrote: »
    Funny...none of the usual suspects running to Dinny's rescue on Boards?

It must be late.

Their overtime hours were cut. Where did you imagine IBRC got the money to finance DOB's extravagance in the first place? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

#DenisOBrien is trending at number 2.

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

Is it to late to request an extradition so we can have him put on trial. Oh wait no that's only work if you piss off america (aka like FIFA). He should be arrested.

thanks.

I'd like if #redaction could get going? :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

#redactionDeniso'brian

I'd like if #redaction could get going? :pac::pac::pac:

Apparently it does not work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,451 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

meh, whole thing stinks of mindless begrudgery tbh.

• Advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

:pac:

Begrudging the possible misappropriation of public money isn't a bad thing tbh. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Schrodingers

Tony EH wrote: »
    Funny...none of the usual suspects running to Dinny's rescue on Boards?

It must be late.

Took awhile but they have started to arrive

Where is the same level of outrage at social welfare fraud?...which is also the thieving of taxpayers money. Double standards propped up by begrudgery.

Where is the same level of outrage at social welfare fraud?...which is also the thieving of taxpayers money. Double standards propped up by begrudgery.

Do you mean the no existent stuff that the SW office looked into and reported on how low it was ? and tackled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Where is the same level of outrage at social welfare fraud?...which is also the thieving of taxpayers money.

Social welfare fraud is horrible, but this is a case where one man unfairly kept millions which should have gone to the govt.; one social welfare dodger is not equitable to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Chucken wrote: »
    No need to insult the people of Malta over that slimeball.

People of Malta aren't called "Maltesians..." :confused:

Maltin

Does not matter how many abuse welfare. It is theft of our money. Rich or poor should get equal justice and punishment.

Does not matter how many abuse welfare. It is theft of our money. Rich or poor should get equal justice and punishment.

Can the few people who do it silence the media ?

• Advertisement

That's the silliest post I've ever read. There are countless threads about the dole, almost daily, up to and including social welfare fraud.

This thread is about Denis O'Brien btw tbh.

Agreed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It is time for the people to just stay in bed on Monday morning and Fúch the government and their master O'Brien.

No more will we have the jumbo Cowan topaz breakfast roll and bottle of Irish Water in the morning on the way to work as the general strike starts Monday.

Oh ****e lads, The general strike organised for Monday has been postponed due to the bank Holiday.

Social welfare fraud is horrible, but this is a case where one man unfairly kept millions which should have gone to the govt.; one social welfare dodger is not equitable to this.

Theft is theft. It is absolutely the same.

You come across like that silly jesuit in Dublin who thinks it's perfectly fine for little howiyeahs to thieve and rob because, god love them, they have not got their lot in life. Denis O'Brien is only being targeted really because he is a billionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

That's the silliest post I've ever read. There are countless threads about the dole, almost daily, up to and including social welfare fraud.

This thread is about Denis O'Brien btw tbh.

Well...It's about censorship really ;)

Amazing how 1 man can have so much power isn't it?

Jayzes, he wasn't even elected!!!

You come across like that silly jesuit in Dublin who thinks it's perfectly fine for little howiyeahs to thieve and rob because, god love them, they have not got their lot in life. Denis O'Brien is only being targeted really because he is a billionaire.

Really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Assault is assault. However there's a difference between punching someone in the nose because you find him in bed with your girlfriend, and beating thousands of passers-by to a bloody pulp for no reason other than your own amusement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Maltesers?

Assault is assault. However there's a difference between punching someone in the nose because you find him in bed with your girlfriend, and beating thousands of passers-by to a bloody pulp for no reason other than your own amusement.

I think we are being led into making comments that could lead to liability don't bite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I think you'll find that there are degrees to crimes, with various factors in even the most serious of crimes. To equate one social welfare scammer to a man who has cost the state hundreds of millions, is foolish imo.

And I don't begrudge the man for his wealth. He is a smart businessman, and if I knew that doing a couple of sh*tty things would make me a multi-billionaire, I'd do them too. But he has cheated his way out paying millions in this scenario, and for that he should be criticised.

Advertisement