Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien, Catherine Murphy and the threatening lawsuit letters....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Who now though ??:confused:

With revelations like this I can't think of anyone but Independents. But cant see that being a government that can get anything done.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You can not be sued for reporting something that has been said in the Dail.
    No but you can be threatened with lawsuit as the Broadsheet have and just getting into court to prove you are innocent can cost quite a bit (hence why other media outlets have taken their pieces down).

Whether or not you are ACTUALLY guilty or you can even be sued, that's kinda secondary sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

With revelations like this I can't think of anyone but Independents. But cant see that being a government that can get anything done.

Could it get any worse? I'm serious.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

independents would turn the dail back into a debating chamber where votes ACTUALLY MATTERED rather then the abandoned rubber-stamping station it currently is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Chucken wrote: »

Pass.

• Advertisement

It's why the media won't tough him. Fear of powerful litigation is ....powerful.

And that he owns half the media in the first place (the government owns a huge chunk of the rest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Avril Power just went independent.

And that he owns half the media in the first place (the government owns a huge chunk of the rest)
    He can close off access to the other half and make it difficult for them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

Sinn Fein wanted us to do what Syriza are doing. Greece is in collapse and we are recovering - so yes, it could be worse.

Sinn Fein wanted us to do what Syriza are doing. Greece is in collapse and we are recovering - so yes, it could be worse.
    We shouldn't have to pay this price for that though.

• Advertisement

Let Angela rewrite their agreement then!

And it's not Syrizas fault Greece are where they are.

We shouldn't have to pay this price for that though.
    Well the jury's still out on exactly went on. As I've said above, it looks like Noonan was furious when he learned what happened, so to suggest it's part of some sort of FG plot looks a tad premature.

If anything is proved though, I'd like to see people in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

But why then is the professional Irish media ignoring it?
    They will report on it, just do it indirectly, just as RTE have just done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Correct me if I'm wrong but was'nt the judge who presided over the protection of poor denis a recent FG appointee?

Ok, but this thread isn't a debate on the future of the dail or the prom note (and I include myself in that mock-scolding :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

As good as we are doing, misuse of taxpayer funds must still be punished no matter who is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well the jury's still out on exactly went on. As I've said above, it looks like Noonan was furious when he learned what happened, so to suggest it's part of some sort of FG plot looks a tad premature.

If anything is proved though, I'd like to see people in prison.

With the write-down, favourable contracts for SiteServ etc ....I just wonder.
    That and the previous Esat deal ......hmmmm.

Bambi wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but was'nt the judge who presided over the protection of poor denis a recent FG appointee?
    You're not wrong.

Des Carvill has a lot to answer to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Blowfish wrote: »
    They will report on it, just do it indirectly, just as RTE have just done.

Had to LOL at this on the RTE page;
    Mr O'Brien today accused Ms Murphy of making false statements about him. He said it was a deliberate abuse of Dáil privilege.
    He claimed her ultimate objective was electoral advancement with a disregard for the truth.
    You would actually swear that he is not the one blocking the truth from coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Incidentally, if the video starts disapearing, this is where the oireachtas uploads it's official recordings so it'll be fully available there for the next while at least...

DeVore wrote: »
    Ok, but this thread isn't a debate on the future of the dail or the prom note (and I include myself in that mock-scolding :) ).

It's about censorship. Yes. But if they keep up this keeping the likes of DOB happy, how long before they wade in here?

*Remembering the Sherlock debate* Sure he was trying to tell you that we don't need to know certain things.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." -- George Orwell.

FalconGirl wrote: »
    As good as we are doing, misuse of taxpayer funds must still be punished no matter who is involved.
    Most definitely.

One wonders how far back this goes actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Let Angela rewrite their agreement then!

And it's not Syrizas fault Greece are where they are.

Nope it's the Greek people and their refusal to acknowledge reality

Blowfish wrote: »
    Incidentally, if the video starts disapearing, this is where the oireachtas uploads it's official recordings so it'll be fully available there for the next while at least...
    That is very awkward to navigate. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

This is indeed a huge scandal for the government.

However the people have been saturated by corruption and scandals, so it won't register as much as it should.

Would not surprise me if Enda still refuses to even discuss it

However the people have been saturated by corruption and scandals, so it won't register as much as it should.
    We need to make sure it registers! We can have to share it! Keep sharing links etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nope it's the Greek people and their refusal to acknowledge reality

This thread is not about Greece, Sinn Fein, or any other cute distraction.

Advertisement