Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodbye Aer Lingus

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

The democratic process has completed and our representatives have agreed to sell our 25% in Aer Lingus.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0528/704294-aer-lingus/

Bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The democratic process has completed and our representatives have agreed to sell our 25% in Aer Lingus.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0528/704294-aer-lingus/

Bye bye.
    what "democratic process" would that be? it was simply sold, nothing more. nothing "democratic" about it. not in my name

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

what "democratic process" would that be?

You remember, that process whereby the people elect a government. It wasn't that long ago

That was followed up by another democratic process whereby our elected representatives got the opportunity to vote again on this specific issue on our behalf.
    not in my name

You said, I'm sure they'll remember to leave your name off the contracts of sale.

Graham wrote: »
    You remember, that process whereby the people elect a government. It wasn't that long ago

That was followed up by another democratic process whereby our elected representatives got the opportunity to vote again on this specific issue on our behalf.

no, not on my behalf i'm afraid.

That's the joy of a democracy, you don't always get your own way.

• Advertisement

Whether you like it or not the elected government of the country you live in and are presumably a citizen of act on behalf of all citizens regardless of whether some of those citizens voted for them or support / agree with what they are doing.

If you don't like that you have two choices:-

1. Become politically active, put your alternative political structure and policies in front of your fellow citizens and see if enough people share your view to elect you.

2. Bugger off to a country where your views on politics and economics are successfully implemented - North Korea springs to mind ;)

Whether you like it or not the elected government of the country you live in and are presumably a citizen of act on behalf of all citizens regardless of whether some of those citizens voted for them or support / agree with what they are doing.

If you don't like that you have two choices:-

1. Become politically active, put your alternative political structure and policies in front of your fellow citizens and see if enough people share your view to elect you.

2. Bugger off to a country where your views on politics and economics are successfully implemented - North Korea springs to mind
    they didn't act on my behalf. not in my name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Ah the old EOTR trick, come up with a phrase and keep repeating it ad nausem until the next one comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

You are not even talking about Air Lingus and IAG anymore.:rolleyes:

Well they took your share of our share of Aer Lingus and sold it.

Your posts remind me of a 4 year old who thinks if they cover their eyes no one can see them :p

• Advertisement

Roanmore wrote: »
    Ah the old EOTR trick, come up with a phrase and keep repeating it ad nausem until the next one comes along.

As old as it gets, it's a lot better than 'what about the Cork slots' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

One good reason why Aer Lingus should not be sold to IAG!!!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/aer-lingus-now-offering-tayto-5872569

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

mikeym wrote: »

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/aer-lingus-now-offering-tayto-5872569

Trying to make it posh too being all deconstructed and all that...

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/aer-lingus-now-offering-tayto-5872569[/quote

Quite the opposite. Selling Aer Lingus to IAG will spread the Tayto sandwich worldwide. Can you think of a better way to promote Irish food?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Quite the opposite. Selling Aer Lingus to IAG will spread the Tayto sandwich worldwide. Can you think of a better way to promote Irish food?

As far as the crisp sandwich is concerned, I don't really think promoting it is required. A Tayto crisp is perfect in every way. Putting it on bread just wrecks it.

Advertisement