Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

I've razed my wardrobe recently and put all my non-pregnancy-compatible clothes into storage. There's still a decent amount of stuff I can still wear that is non-maternity - waterfall cardigans, empire line dresses etc.

Mamalicious isn't a bad brand for stocking up on basics and they have a sale on their website too atm. I managed to snag a winter coat by them on Amazon for €30 (score!) - I hate the cold and the thoughts of not being able to zip my coat up during the long bleak winter was just awful! Hopefully I'll be able to use it after the birth too for baby wearing in January/February.

Hope ye're all keeping well - I'm 21 weeks now, getting positively pummelled from the inside some nights by junior. Some of the kicks/punches are so strong, I am already worried for my ribs for the coming months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

How is everyone getting on?

I'm 19wks now, our little Peanut is still causing lots of drama. Was in hospital over the the last two days for bleeding and an anti-d injection :) thankfully no morning sickness that last two days :)

Baby is doing great and really starting to feel little flutters! Hoping to feel some kicks over the next couple of weeks!

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Are you Rh Neg Lil Cutie? I am but have had no issues so far.
    Glad all is OK now for you.
    Our Lil one is moving plenty and have my 20 week scan next Tuesday.
    I'm back to school tomorrow, dreading it!!
    Got some maternity clothes from new look online today. Loving bump bands!
    Rest of stuff bit big yet tho.

pooch90 wrote: »
    Are you Rh Neg Lil Cutie? I am but have had no issues so far.

Yeah I am RH Neg, which is why I needed the anti-d :)

Oh haven't checked out new look, must look up their site.
    Was at a wedding last weekend and wore a maternity dress from next. It is simple enough but did the job :)

New Look is good value. I got a pair of jeans,3 string tops,3 bump bands and a skirt for 60€. They have lots of pretty dresses too.
    Asos have a sale on too.
    I never knew my blood type until I got pregnant so they freaked me out a bit with all the talk of Anti D at first.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, I have been donating blood for years so knew my blood type and RH status from the get go.

The one thing that got me was when the say "any" unexpected bleeding, I wondered if I was bleeding enough. Turns out they literally means "any" there is no minimum amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Had my scan yesterday and all looming good! Turns out my placenta is at the front and that might be why I'm not feeling big movements yet! Was worrying me at times!

Had my scan yesterday and all looming good! Turns out my placenta is at the front and that might be why I'm not feeling big movements yet! Was worrying me at times!

Glad to hear all is looking good and some explanation as to why you aren't feeling too much yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Aw, Flippyfloppy, that's reassuring to hear. I haven't felt anything yet and I'm nearly twenty weeks. I know it says in all the books not to worry but sometimes it's hard not to.

Twenty week scan for me next week. Am between looking forward to seeing our little baby and worried that something will be wrong. But I suppose that's the way of the world. Luckily have lots of stuff to keep me distracted!

Good to hear all your stories, ladies. Most of my friends' children are over three so they have forgotten the whole pregnancy thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinocicero

I've gotten some dresses from New Look recently and they are really good. Got a few from ASOS too which are nice but their sizes are a bit odd (got my usual size and it could have fitted three of me!).

Anyone else started the pregnancy yoga? I'm going in Maynooth and the class is really good. (Haven't a clue how some of the ladies who are further along can manage it, I can barely keep up as it is!)

Babs is fairly athletic by now, started getting kicks and wiggles at the start of the week (I'm 20 weeks on Sunday) and they're fairly consistent now.

By the way - anyone have a recommendation for those exercise balls you can get? Had a quick look on amazon and there are zillions of types. Does anyone know a good one? (plus, are there special ones for pregnancy or are they just normal exercise balls??)

Next scan in two weeks, can't wait! Had some bleeding early on and it all seems fine now but still wouldn't mind the reassurance.

PS - Miss cutie, had the exact same problem with the bleeding, why can't they tell you how much they mean??

• Advertisement

Dinocicero wrote: »

PS - Miss cutie, had the exact same problem with the bleeding, why can't they tell you how much they mean??

Sorry I probably wasn't clear, any blood is enough for an anti-d injection

I'm starting pregnancy Pilates tomorrow night, really looking forward to it. I need a birthing ball for class, have bought the birthing ball the stick in bootstrap, hopefully it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Sma are offering free tickets to the pregnancy and baby fair in the RDS to you and a companion if you sign up to the sma club. There is also a free gift of a hooded towel :)

Went back to school yesterday and now am smothered with a cold :'( and glands in my throat are swollen. So annoyed and miserable.
    All I can do is stick my head over steam and hope I'm better before scan on Tuesday. Don't want to spread it round the other mommas in the hospital.

Had 20 week scan today. Met consultant and he did it in his office. Apparently due to cut backs they have removed the printer from office so we got no photo. So pissed off!!!
    Bright side,all is fine with bubs and I've been put into midwife led clinic from now on. Just so disappointed we didn't get photos :'(

That's great news Pooch! Pity about the printer but babs bring 100% is great news.

I am counting the days until mine on Tueaday.

I have my twenty week scan today! Both excited and scared at the same time. But glad it's today and will be over soon. It has been a long wait :-).

Hope it went well today An Bhanríon!
    There is such a change between the 12+20 week ones. Poor bubs looked a bit squished on mine!
    LMC I know you're right, just a bit disappointing is all.

All good with the twenty week scan today, thank God. Ha ha, I have found myself using the expressions 'thank God' and 'with the help of God' a lot recently! Yeah it was great to see our little baba moving around. It gave a little yawn too so one of the pictures we have is with the baby's mouth open. Also found out I have an anterior placenta which is a relief too as I have felt very little in terms of movement.

Must start buying baby stuff now. I just couldn't start until this scan was over. Am way too cautious!

Ah great to hear and reassuring about the movement. Our little un is a busy bee, mainly at night.
    TK Maxx have gorgeous baby stuff, which I was surprised about. I've bought loads, which I know I shouldn't have. Still no furniture or anything because we are renting and hoping to buy so don't want to have loads to lug about when time comes to move.

Great news An Bhanríon!!
    I'm the saw afraid to say anything about babs until the 20wk scan (actually 21wk scan)

Pooch, we moved last year and you are dead right! The less to move the better :)

Is anyone going to the pregnancy and baby fair in the rds end of sept? I registered for free tickets on the SMA website, hoping for some good deals on the big bits

• Advertisement

Started pregnancy yoga ans pilates this week.
    Really enjoyed both but think I prefer Pilates on the birthing ball.

Is anyone else trying classes?

Woohoo, got a letter from CUMH saying I have been selected for an anomaly scan (random draw afaik) so we should get photos from that. It's next Wednesday. Absolutely delighted now :D

Woohoo, got a letter from CUMH saying I have been selected for an anomaly scan (random draw afaik) so we should get photos from that. It's next Wednesday. Absolutely delighted now :D

What's an anomaly scan? Is it different to the big scan?

Yeah for pictures! We had our big scan yesterday. Baby is doing great, everything in the right place and the right size. Measuring ahead by a week so moved my dates by 4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

What's an anomaly scan? Is it different to the big scan?

Yeah for pictures! We had our big scan yesterday. Baby is doing great, everything in the right place and the right size. Measuring ahead by a week so moved my dates by 4 days

The 20/21 week scan is known as the anatomy scan. I believe it used to be called an anomaly scan so you still hear some people call it that.

I have mine next week - I'm nervous though less so than last time - I don't think i slept for the week before it. I'm so exhausted this time that I can't but sleep!

It's an extra scan on top of our 20 week scan where they will look for any obvious birth defects.

I have mine next week - I'm nervous though less so than last time - I don't think i slept for the week before it. I'm so exhausted this time that I can't but sleep!

Ah CM, hope you are less stressed as it gets closer. Looking forward to hearing at all is well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fernandohierro

Hi, has anybody got a pregnancy pillow yet? My girlfriend is due in January and is at the point where she isn't sleeping comfortably anymore. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Hi, has anybody got a pregnancy pillow yet? My girlfriend is due in January and is at the point where she isn't sleeping comfortably anymore. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

I have a dreamgenii pillow and I love it, best buy yet!!

I bought mine in mama and papas in the summer sale however I did see them in tk Max recently so worth shopping around for them.

I just put a normal pillow under bump,takes the pressure off for now. Got awoken at 5am with unreal calf cramp last night. Very annoying! Hubby got to feel his first kick last night, was lovely. Bubba goes crazy now when I eat,hungry lil bugger!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I just put a normal pillow under bump,takes the pressure off for now. Got awoken at 5am with unreal calf cramp last night. Very annoying! Hubby got to feel his first kick last night, was lovely. Bubba goes crazy now when I eat,hungry lil bugger!!

My wife also had those leg cramps, isnt that due to dehydration though? Might be different if you are pregnant.

Advertisement