Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fernandohierro

We've tried normal pillows already but don't seem to be improving the pain. Will have a look into the dreamgenii. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Aw she's in pain when she sleeps? Poor thing,I've only been uncomfortable so far. Shouldn't be dehydrated but just need to massage legs now before bed. Common enough for pregnancy I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fredkruger2014

There is a long pillow out in Aldi this week which we found great in our house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fernandohierro

There is a long pillow out in Aldi this week which we found great in our house!!

Perfect! Thanks a million!

Had the anatomy scan yesterday. Was really lovely. Midwife super nice and explained everything.

Baby put on a great show,had to be chased around because he was squiggling so much! Got to see him opening and closing his mouth which was a real,' holy crap this is real' moment. Got lots of pics this time,very clear.

Lovely lovely day. Very warm and fuzzy. All looking as it should but obviously not a guarantee,as midwife pointed out. 23 weeks tomorrow,getting super excited now.

All my friends are just laughing at me as I have a very tough exterior but I'm showing what a big softy I am now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

That's great news pooch!!

Thanks LMC hope you're feeling better x

pooch90 wrote: »
    Thanks LMC hope you're feeling better x

Ah Pooch, I seem to be doing this pregnancy mark the hard way. Ended up back in hospital last week, even managed an overnight stay for more bleeding :( after an anti-d and an expanded list of activities I am not allowed to do got home on Monday. It was annoying as we were meant to be heading down the country on Saturday for a week :( but sure we got a away in the end just a few days late :)

Baby is doing great though, is a preformed for the scans/photos already :)

LMC hope the past two weeks have been a bit easier. It all sounds so sucky for you.
    Had my 24 week check up with GP today (25 weeks today) and got to hear the heartbeat, was really cool. Told hubby not to bother coming so bit disappointed he missed it now. All seems fine to doc anyway.
    Getting a bit of strain in ligaments and stuff now and generally a bit more hefty but still OK.
    15 weeks to go and finishing work at Xmas,can't wait to be finished work at this stage. Sick of trying to stop kids banging into me/hitting me with footballs etc!

Pooch, I'm exactly the same as you the achy-ness has started.
    I'm finishing at Christmas too, although I work in an office so far less risk of the bump being banged!

The last two weeks have been good, although the sickness is ramping up a notch again :(
    I had my 24wk GP check up last week and was really disappointed that she didn't use the Doppler. Then again she was very happy with baby so I shouldn't complain

• Advertisement

Sorry the sickness is making a comeback for you. Great that the doc is happy with how things are going for you though,especially with all the crap you've had to deal with. I didn't even think the GP would have a Doppler, she said to make sure hubby comes with me next time and he can have a listen.

Xmas seems so far away in terms of work ending. On the bright side,I will have a student teacher in for the three weeks before Xmas so it will give me the chance to have all my paperwork any everything ready to walk out at Xmas and not have to worry about anything school related.

Have you gotten any further shopping wise? My head is fried looking at travel systems and then having everyone weighing in with advice,makes it more confusing!!

We made great progress! Ordered Icandy peach3 in truffle. Only issue is that it may not arrive until Jan but we are working on that.
    We also ordered maxicosi pebble plus with 2 way fix base.
    My sister has ordered a crib for baby :)

I'm pretty much done now until hospital bag shopping in Nov/Dec.

Are you close to any decisions?

I've been eyeing two travel systems in particular-The Babyjogger City Elite and the Uppababy Vista.
    Have yet to physically get my mitts on one to give it a proper test though. Lots of the Vistas for sale second hand so considering going that way and just buying car seat new.
    Can I ask where you ordered your stuff from? Particularly the car seat.

We are kind of the last ones in hubby's circles having a baby (he has the youngest mrs ;) )so lots of things being offered. We currently have a moses basket and cot being offered from his brother so we will probably end up taking those but I think we could leave them in his mam's house so baby has place to sleep there.

I really want to buy our own bits so all (hopefully) babies will have the same crib etc. I like this crib from Ikea-I know it's not swanky but I really like grey and the shape of it.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/childrens-ikea-products/baby/cots/gonatt-cot-light-grey-art-00257953/ I think it could be brightened up really well by a few artistic friends.

I've been eyeing two travel systems in particular-The Babyjogger City Elite and the Uppababy Vista.
    Have yet to physically get my mitts on one to give it a proper test though. Lots of the Vistas for sale second hand so considering going that way and just buying car seat new.
    Can I ask where you ordered your stuff from? Particularly the car seat.

We are kind of the last ones in hubby's circles having a baby (he has the youngest mrs ;) )so lots of things being offered. We currently have a moses basket and cot being offered from his brother so we will probably end up taking those but I think we could leave them in his mam's house so baby has place to sleep there.

I really want to buy our own bits so all (hopefully) babies will have the same crib etc. I like this crib from Ikea-I know it's not swanky but I really like grey and the shape of it.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/childrens-ikea-products/baby/cots/gonatt-cot-light-grey-art-00257953/ I think it could be brightened up really well by a few artistic friends.

I loved the uppababy vista but we have a small porch door and it wouldn't fit in :( the only thing about second ones is I have heard it is really tough to get parts as they changed supplier and the new supplier isn't making the legacy parts. Might be an issue if anything breaks or you want a rumble seat for a second 😜

We ordered from Eurobaby in the end as they price matched the show prices for us. Otherwise we would have ordered from Tony Kealy's.

We are at the end of babies on my bf's side but lots have small babies so not too much on offer.

We did receive a cot bed, 2 travel cots and a steriliser though :)

I got maternity basics in penny's at the weekend and am very impressed. I didn't even know they did maternity until I saw it in store 😀

Going to clear out some of our spare room this weekend to make space for the baby bits we have been given.

Are you feeling lots of movement? I love when I am quiet for a minute and suddenly feel a kick or a punch :)

Yep lots of movement here, some nights you can see my belly ripple when he has a good thumping session. When I'm bored in meetings he has a good go.

The way I'm looking at the second hand buggies is that if we end up hating it, we haven't spent €1000 on it and feel obliged to use it with number two. By the time No. 2 hopefully comes around, a new model will be few years old and they may not be making the parts then either. I don't know if that makes any sense! I'd rather spend the money on a good car seat.

I didn't know Pennys did maternity but I always avoid Pennys, I just can't deal with the crowds and queues! I only ever go in for a browse and then leave. Thank god for online shopping! I got nice jeans from Asos, they are underbump ones and a wee bit bit yet so will fall down for the next while but bump bands hide a multitude :D Am currently waiting for this dress to arrive :http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Wrap-Dress-With-Asymmetric-Hem-And-D-Ring/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5454807&cid=5813&Rf900=1465&Rf-800=-1,43&Rf-200=4&Rf-300=1920&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=40&gridsize=3

Hoping it's in someway flattering as everything I've tried on makes me look like a whale from behind :( Have a wedding next weekend so panicking a bit!Colour makes me look bigger so hoping I can bling that up a bit and splash some colour with accessories.

Oh thanks a nice dress!
    I know exactly what you are saying about the buggy. We have been lucky enough that it is a gift from my parents, otherwise second hand would have been our focus,

I am obsessed with car seats, it is unbelievable to me the difference in safety and quality. I am really focused on extended rear facing too.

That dress is lovely, I need to order a couple more dresses.

Dress came today and it's nice on thankfully! It's a wrap dress with elastic band on the inside so hopefully see me through Xmas etc.
    Hubby watching soccer so I'm going to go research car seats now. Bubba kicking the life out of me at the moment,which is great but not so much fun when I was trying to sleep last night.

Oh brilliant! Great when you find something that works!!

How did the car seat research go? I spend hours reading stuff even though I made up my mind a few months ago.

I was at Pilates at last, I really enjoy it and find using the birthing ball really helps balance etc. It is nice to get a little bit of proper exercise and work up a sweat :)

I think we are actually going to go with the Maxi Cosi Pebble too in black. I really wanted red stuff but everyone we've spoken to has said the red gets grubby.
    Currently trying to collect quotes for buggies, we are between the BabyJogger City and the Uppababy Vista still. Whatever comes in cheaper!
    I must sign up for Pilate's,my hips are starting to ache and my back,plus ankles are swelling now too :(

Oh glad you mentioned ankles, I have just noticed that my feet are starting to swell, glad I'm not the only one.

It seems like it's only me and you around these days Pooch. Hope all the other ladies are doing well.

• Advertisement

Yeah I hope they are all ok. I have just arranged a purchase of a Chicco Next 2 Me crib online, very excited about that!!

I think you and I have the same shopping list! I love that co-sleeper, in the end we are getting a standard crib as our bed is very high and it would be 6 inches lower which isn't safe apparently 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Yeah I hope they are all ok. I have just arranged a purchase of a Chicco Next 2 Me crib online, very excited about that!!

I got one of them for my 10 month old when she was born! It's lovely & so spacious too!

It's starting to niggle at me that I must pack the hospital bag soon !! Has anyone started?

It's starting to niggle at me that I must pack the hospital bag soon !! Has anyone started?

I bought new slippers in penny's last week for hospital in a size bigger, not sure if that counts as starting.

Is 30 ish week enough time?? That gives me another month to start

Haven't even started thinking about hospital bag yet. Was in Boots and the weekend and stood gawping at breast pads/maternity pads/nipple guards. Bought hair clips and Pregnacare and ran away!!

Am starting to get totally overwhelmed by it all now whereas I've been blissfully 'la-di-dah, I'm having a baby' up until now. Now I'm like "Holy crap, I'm actually having a little person come out of me, feed off me and need bathing, changing and minding".
    Bought a baby book at the weekend and have just started into it. Has made me realise I know nothing about babies! No nephews,nieces,little siblings, younger cousins etc. Clueless! Hubby is just laughing at me.

I actually bought some breast pads and nipple cream last week as I have started leaking small amounts when out walking 😂

What book did you buy?

How is everyone getting on with names? We have some preliminaries based on grandparents- a bit of a cop out maybe but we like the sentimental meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I bought new slippers in penny's last week for hospital in a size bigger, not sure if that counts as starting.

Is 30 ish week enough time?? That gives me another month to start

I'd say 30 weeks is enough time! I just like to do it early to get it out of the way, but I probably won't end up doing it till after a few weeks of procrastinating about it!!

Names: have my girls name I think, if we have a boy im a bit stuck!

Don't know the name of the book off-hand (it's 3 flights of stairs away so not going looking right now!!!) but not one of the traditional ones, just one I picked up in Eason's. Very much a dummy's guide for first 3 years of care.

Think we would be ok if a girl came in the morning for a name but seeing as we reckon he's a boy, we are pretty stumped! We are toying with Michael, it's my brother and grandfather's name and one of my uncle's too. However, we don't want brother thinking we named it after him (nor any of the other 4 brothers in our equation!) we just like the way it sounds with surname. Reckon he would be a Mike if we went with it. I also like Kieran, Eoin and James.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I think we are actually going to go with the Maxi Cosi Pebble too in black. I really wanted red stuff but everyone we've spoken to has said the red gets grubby.
    Currently trying to collect quotes for buggies, we are between the BabyJogger City and the Uppababy Vista still. Whatever comes in cheaper!
    I must sign up for Pilate's,my hips are starting to ache and my back,plus ankles are swelling now too :(

That is the car seat we had for our little girl and it was great. I happened to get it in red (it was part of the travel system we bought) and it didn't get grubby. She threw up on it once and I just took the cover off and washed it.
    Now she is too long for it and is in a proper grown up car seat which she loves!

FWIW we got the Quinny Buzz Extra. Its a good buggy- very easy to push and easy to collapse and such stuff. Its not the lightest buggy in the world so if you have a sore back or something and a low boot to put it into then that might be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Hi girls, I'm still hanging in here. College is getting so difficult though, long days and crap chairs...

Got very excited about the paternity leave announced in the Budget... only just copped now that it's from September 2016 :pac:

Advertisement