Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Glad to hear from you! Silly crappy chairs!!

Edited to add: I finally just got approval for a new office chair!! My hips are killing me and nothing was helping so finally they have agreed to me getting one! It's annoying because I need formal approval to bring it into the office, otherwise security would remove it

When is nesting meant to start????

I still have morning/all-day sickness and no desire to clean! Hoping it will kick in soon

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Hyperemesis finally lifted for me (at 29 weeks!!)... t'is such a pain, I hope it eases for you soon. It's no wonder you have no nesting urges yet.

Zero nesting desire here either, mostly because of zero surplus energy!! Sure there'll be plenty of time for that later on. When are you planning to go on mat leave? :)

I'm planning to take hols from 18th-30th Dec and then start may leave, due 14 Jan.

What about you?

I'm in college and will have exams possibly up until the 21st of December. Due the 2nd of January, then planning to go back for semester 2 in February. Dreading it tbh.

• Advertisement

I'm in college and will have exams possibly up until the 21st of December. Due the 2nd of January, then planning to go back for semester 2 in February. Dreading it tbh.

I imagine that will be pretty tough, do you have support around to mind baby when you go back to college?

I imagine that will be pretty tough, do you have support around to mind baby when you go back to college?

Not really, have no unemployed family members who could mind the little one and my husband works full time. Hoping to find a child minder close to college and somehow muddle through the 13 weeks so I don't have to defer till February 2017... although having a very difficult week this week, sans baby, so finding it hard to imagine.

I'm going to guess that you will surprise yourself at what you can manage!
    A friend of mine took her final accountancy exams 10wks after her little one was born and had very little support.

I hope the rest of your week improves :)

I must say I am now loving being pregnant. The last few weeks I feel I am coping better with the sickness and not as utterly exhausted. I'm already wishing time would slow, bet I won't be saying that Christmas week!!

We had a 3D/4D scan today it was amazing. Baby was really active doing lots of waving and smiling. I was really emotional after it, feels very real now!

We had a 3D/4D scan today it was amazing. Baby was really active doing lots of waving and smiling. I was really emotional after it, feels very real now!

Aw that's brilliant!!

We had one too a couple of weeks ago to confirm the gender and got a few 3D pics too; it does make it seem much more real, especially seeing the little face (and nose! I couldn't get over how clear it was that she has her father's nose :D)

Have you found out whether you're having a girl or boy?

• Advertisement

Have you found out whether you're having a girl or boy?

No we didn't find out gender, we just stayed around the head area :)

Ordered the baby monitor today :) hopefully that is the last "big thing"! We ordered the buggy/ car seat a few weeks ago.

Family are buying a crib and bouncer so hopefully we have covered the big things.

I am struggling to think what things we need for baby. Thankfully there is a list for in the hospital but I'm not sure of at home bits. Like how many set of sheets should I buy? I am lost and overwhelmed!!

Same, have the cot/mattress/buggy/car seat/slings sorted already.

Was in IKEA a while back and ended up picking up a few flat sheets and waterproof sheets, as well as a grow bag. I think we have 4 flat sheets in total - no idea if this is already overkill or if I should be buying more!

Similiarly, hoping to breastfeed, and still have to buy a breastpump, however the recommendation seems to be to wait till 6 weeks after the birth to buy one (in part to allow breastfeeding to be established before introducing the pump, in part in case breastfeeding doesn't work out). I have a feeling I should buy some bottles and formula to have as back up, but don't know if I should get standard bottles or bottles that are compatible with the breastpump that I haven't bought yet!

And nappies...

Oh yes! The pump! I have looked at a few and same as yourself planning to wait til the 6 wk mark to buy.

Regarding bottles, my thinking is the hospital will give you ready made ones if needed. I think the tommee tippee close to nature ones are close to BF, and have good reviews. I have pointed them out to boyfriend so if needed he will pick up them and a steriliser when I am in hospital. Well that is the current plan....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Ah girls, you're so organised!!
    We have nothing practical bought yet. Although I have chosen all the big stuff I want. There is one of those baby market events happening locally in two weeks so hoping to grab some of it second hand. Have decided the travel system will have to be new to allow for future bubbas, so expensive though 😰😨😱

Ha ha I wouldn't call myself organised, not a stitch of clothes for babs bought yet! And won't be for a long time!!

Had my 28wk check up today, consultant was on hols so saw a locum. Wasn't mad about her, a bit rude but seemed happy enough. She did say they will send me for a growth scan at 36 weeks as it's hard to tell size of baby due to my weight :( did the glucose 1 hour test so will have the results tomorrow.

With our buying combined we would be perfect, I've loads of clothes but nowhere for baby to sleep haha!
    That sounds a bit rude from the locum but once they were happy then its all good. Think midterm is the time for docs to be on holidays,I've my 28 wk GP appointment on Friday but normal doctor is on holidays too! Just hoping the locum will do the doppler for hubby if not then ill be asking! Bit put out as i was going to get doc to fill inMB10 form and wanted to ask her to make due date one day later,as it makes world of difference to my maternity leave. Hopefully i can catch her on the phone next week.

Your 36 weeks will be Xmas week won't it?

pooch90 wrote: »
    Your 36 weeks will be Xmas week won't it?

I will get to 37 weeks on Christmas Eve!! I just keep thinking any day after that will be perfect.

My GP doesn't use a Doppler as she has a little bed side scanner :) BF was very jealous last time I was in cause I saw baby again!

Aw that's cool,wish my GP had a scanner ( they are in a big practice with plenty of money so don't see why they don't!!)
    Was just visiting my best friend today who is due in three weeks,makes it all very scary!!

Hi all!

How are we all getting on? Myself and bump are doing well. Had a scare during the week, I had a bleed and some pains so went in to be checked. They decided to keep me in for observation for 24 hrs. Thankfully all fine and we are home now.

I really need to get a bit more organised as I didn't have bits with me so BF ended up in a dash downtown. Thankfully he got all the essentials :)

• Advertisement

Hi all!

How are we all getting on? Myself and bump are doing well. Had a scare during the week, I had a bleed and some pains so went in to be checked. They decided to keep me in for observation for 24 hrs. Thankfully all fine and we are home now.

I really need to get a bit more organised as I didn't have bits with me so BF ended up in a dash downtown. Thankfully he got all the essentials :)

Glad all turned out ok! You must have been scared. Take it easy now for a bit. I'm starting to make a list for hospital bag but have nothing really organised. So I wouldn't worry on that front.

We had GP on Friday and hubby got to hear the heartbeat,even though bubba basically ran around and hid on the doctor then kicked the Doppler when she pressed it in. He decided to put his back into my back with legs out to hide! GP thought it was hilarious. Got whooping cough vaccine too,is still sore now.

Hope ur ok LMC xxx

Oh exciting Pooch, I love listening to the heartbeat.

I'm doing really good thanks. Being well taken care of, I am lucky to be blessed with a great partner, family and his family are amazing too.

I am listening to the gentle birthing cd's and I have to say they are really helping.
    I was really calm in the hospital and I think it really helped me, especially when my partner was getting upset I was able to stay calm. It really is so tough on the dad's there is so little they can do and worry about both of us so much.

I did use my little sleepover to ask the midwife lots of questions about hospital policies about labour and recovery. I feel a bit more informed now :)

That's great, I have had no discussions with anyone RE labour or anything yet. Hopefully first appointment in midwife clinic at end of this month will be the opportunity.
    Glad you were able to keep calm,I don't know if I would've been the same. Must look into the gentle birthing stuff. Am going to contact a midwife about antenatal class soon too so hopefully be more informed after that. I can't do them in the hospital I'm having the baby in as it's an hours drive away and just too awkward so going to get a private one instead.
    I agree about the dads,all they can do is try to mind us but they don't know how it all makes us feel. I've been so uncomfortable the past week or two and last night,whatever way baby was lying it was just so painful. I'm definitely running out of space in there!! Ten weeks left,its crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Hello Ladies!

Have been away from boards for a while...

Hope you are all doing well. It's lovely reading your posts. Thanks for sharing your stories! Sorry to hear about your various scares and discomforts. I realise I am one of the really lucky ones. Once the twenty week scan was done and I stopped worrying, everything has been lovely. I am very very grateful for this as I know enough people who had sickness / various scares throughout their pregnancies. Anyway, I hope you are all getting to enjoy the excitement a bit, even with the various bits of drama.

So, yes, I'm just going to my appointments now, trying to keep up my exercise (walking most days and yoga class once a week - it makes a really big difference to my energy levels), trying to eat well (Halloween and all the leftover chocolate didn't help) and finally starting to buy stuff for the baby. We left the buying really late, but made a list of baby stuff and stuff for hospital a few weeks ago. Went into the shops a few times eyeing up babygros and things, but was scared I would buy the wrong stuff and walked out empty handed. Then one day my husband said, 'right, today we are ordering a travel system'. We went and did that. And I have been buying bits and pieces ever since - a baby bath (our kitchen sink is a bit small - I love the idea of washing a baby in the sink!), a few sleepsuits, socks (!!), a few cotton hats, a changing mat... there are loads of things we don't have yet, but hopefully we'll have enough to start off with by January. As long as bump doesn't decide to come this side of Christmas. Then we could be in trouble! Oh, yes, I bought slippers for going into hospital too!!! Some good lists of things to get online and in the various baby books - for things to buy for the baby and for things to bring to the hospital.

So anybody who is feeling a bit disorganised, don't worry. You are not the only one. We have loads of things still to get!

Went to ante-natal breast feeding class recently. Really good and has given me lots of confidence in my hope that I will be a breast-feeding mother. (I know lots of people who tried and decided it wasn't for them, lots of people who bottle-fed from the start, and not a lot of people who breast-fed.) There is so much that can be done if the breastfeeding thing doesn't work out at the beginning. The midwives giving the class had a solution for so many issues that can arise when trying to learn how to breastfeed. Anyway, I'll know in January if it's for me or not. No guarantees I won't be sending my husband out on an emergency mission to buy bottles and formula!!!

That's it for now. Thank you all for sharing the journey of the January 2016 babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

An Bhanrion there's a fantastic breastfeeding group on fb, Extended Breastfeeding in Ireland, it's a great resource. Also check our where your nearest Cuidiu meet up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Thanks for that spotty. Yes I had seen cuidiú and la leche league. Will certainly get in touch with one of those groups.

By the way, did I see that Penny Dreadful, who started this thread, is pregnant again? If so that is the best news ever.

Thanks for that spotty. Yes I had seen cuidiú and la leche league. Will certainly get in touch with one of those groups.

By the way, did I see that Penny Dreadful, who started this thread, is pregnant again? If so that is the best news ever.

Yes, I saw that! Very excited for her, she has had an early scan and all is looking well. I was very excited when I saw that news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Oh that's fantastic news. Penny dreadful if you ever come here to read (although I would completely understand if u don't) huge congrats!!!!

Have had a very productive week :)

Got my co-sleeper,a swing,Moses basket,cot and stair gates.

Yesterday we took the plunge and ordered our Uppababy Vista after asking the lady in the shop every question imaginable and ordered the car seat and base. All ready to be collected whenever we want so think we will get them next weekend.

The Baby Market is on next Sunday so hoping to get some bargains there but not getting hopes up. Hopefully there will be unopened steriliser, breast pump and a play mat. Would love a Tiny Love Rocker too.

Also going to start buying the stuff for me for hospital bag during the week.

Feel less panicked and unprepared now thankfully!

Actually,more experienced moms, should be bother with changing table and baby bath? We always said we would survive without them but now I'm not sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

pooch90 wrote: »
    Actually,more experienced moms, should be bother with changing table and baby bath? We always said we would survive without them but now I'm not sure!

We didn't get a changing table and have never missed it. We got a €7 bath in Ikea and use it all the time.

Advertisement