Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Sure it's never too early to start looking at prams, we actually sorted ours via Adverts.ie last week. I'm a planner and like being organised, expect the unexpected and all that! :D

Tbh, and it may just be the cynic in me talking, but the pregnancy seat belt adapter sounds like a pure money spinner - standard three point harness should be fine with horizontal strap under bump (across pubic bone) and diagonal shoulder part over collarbone and between breasts, sitting to side of bump. Unless of course the above is uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Tbh, and it may just be the cynic in me talking, but the pregnancy seat belt adapter sounds like a pure money spinner - standard three point harness should be fine with horizontal strap under bump (across pubic bone) and diagonal shoulder part over collarbone and between breasts, sitting to side of bump. Unless of course the above is uncomfortable!

That's what I thought but was hoping someone would agree.

I am going to hold off buying anything for the time being, however two friends were having a clear out and I have acquired a cot bed, nursing chair and two travel costs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

That's what I thought but was hoping someone would agree.

I am going to hold off buying anything for the time being, however two friends were having a clear out and I have acquired a cot bed, nursing chair and two travel costs :)

I'd be astounded at anyone needing such an adapter. Seat belts are made to go around people of all sizes and pregnant women don't get that big! :-)

I'd be astounded at anyone needing such an adapter. Seat belts are made to go around people of all sizes and pregnant women don't get that big! :-)

I think it is more to do with keeping the "lap" section of the belt below the bump.
    It doesn't actually make the belt any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brassbutterfly

These threads and chats saved my sanity. <- so true! I can't wait until everyone knows but I like having a secret as well. It feels like Babog is more ours at the moment if that makes sense. I dread ppl trying to tell me horror stories or saying silly things to me (my extended family have a habit of this)

This time around I've only told my two sisters. I've had one scan already and it showed a good strong heartbeat and I have a 12 week scan in two weeks. I'll tell more people then. <- congrats! That's fantastic news! You'll be kept busy!

• Advertisement

Has anyone watched Irish Midwives? I know it's an old series but I'm really enjoying it, especially as I will be going to NMH. It's nice to see its not all as scary as one born every minute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinocicero

I've got my first scan in a couple of weeks - just wondering, does anyone know if they scan for any problems? I know it's early enough, but apparently they scan scan for things like Down Syndrome at this stage. Does anyone who's been through all this before know if they do that routinely or do you need to book a particular scan?

I'll be going to Holles St if that makes any difference.

In other news, is anyone else finding the tiredness unbelievable? Went to bed at 8 the other night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Dinocicero wrote: »
    I've got my first scan in a couple of weeks - just wondering, does anyone know if they scan for any problems? I know it's early enough, but apparently they scan scan for things like Down Syndrome at this stage. Does anyone who's been through all this before know if they do that routinely or do you need to book a particular scan?

I'll be going to Holles St if that makes any difference.

In other news, is anyone else finding the tiredness unbelievable? Went to bed at 8 the other night!

Hi there...

No they dont s an routinely for things like that..it's 250e for a scam to check for abnormalities...I have my scan for it next wed...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinocicero

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Hi there...

No they dont s an routinely for things like that..it's 250e for a scam to check for abnormalities...I have my scan for it next wed...

Ok, thanks. If you had any suggestions for where to go that'd be great! Googled it and it looks like there's loads of places, so does anyone know of any good ones? Thanks!

Dinocicero wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. If you had any suggestions for where to go that'd be great! Googled it and it looks like there's loads of places, so does anyone know of any good ones? Thanks!

I'm getting mine done in holles street but the maternity suite in bray does it and there's a clinic in the beacon hospital that does it too..you can get it done in the Coombe or the rotunda either. they are the only places that I know of..

• Advertisement

We're out. I had some spotting on Tuesday morning and went to the hospital for a check up. I was (or so I thought) 12 weeks. Turns out our little baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks.
    Waiting for the inevitable to happen now and have another appointment on Tuesday to check on the situation.

Best of luck to all of you lovely ladies. I'm sure things will progress wonderfully for all of you and I'll be looking forward to hearing the arrival of baby bumps come January 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

We're out. I had some spotting on Tuesday morning and went to the hospital for a check up. I was (or so I thought) 12 weeks. Turns out our little baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks.
    Waiting for the inevitable to happen now and have another appointment on Tuesday to check on the situation.

Best of luck to all of you lovely ladies. I'm sure things will progress wonderfully for all of you and I'll be looking forward to hearing the arrival of baby bumps come January 2016.

I'm so sorry for your loss xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

So sorry to hear that Pennydreadful - look after yourself xxx

So sorry to hear the Penny Dreadful xx

I'm so sorry for your loss Penny Dreadful.

I'm so sorry for your loss xxx
    SL10 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that Pennydreadful - look after yourself xxx
    So sorry to hear the Penny Dreadful xx
    I'm so sorry for your loss Penny Dreadful.

Thank you all. It sucks big time and I'm alternating between "it happens" and having a big cry about it all.
    Having my beautiful baby girl to mind helps a lot though. She still needs her cuddles and playtime and is so super lovely she makes me focus on the good stuff too.
    I'm really wishing you all the very best with your respective pregnancies and you'll all kick ass when the big day comes and you meet your lovely babies.
    Hopefully I'll be starting another Due xxx thread in the near future.

Hi ladies
    Anyone else hitting 12 weeks soon? I'm 12 on Monday and have my booking appointment on Tuesday in holles street.

Hoping through some miracle that the morning ( all day, at least 3 bouts a day) sickness will start to ease a little.

Hi ladies
    Anyone else hitting 12 weeks soon? I'm 12 on Monday and have my booking appointment on Tuesday in holles street.

Hoping through some miracle that the morning ( all day, at least 3 bouts a day) sickness will start to ease a little.

Hi little miss
    I was 12 weeks last Monday...had my first scan in wed...all was well thankfully...feeling so much better now...but on my first it was 19 weeks b4 my sickness eased...

14 weeks here and still non-stop sickness... but my mother experienced this till well into the third trimester, I don't think that generally it extends much beyond 12 weeks for most people.

Ha ha yeah not sure it will magically stop but sure who knows.

My Mum had no morning sickness on me or my sister so by that logic says I'm having a boy, cause I have sickness.

Great to hear your scan went well Sammy2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Third time mammy!

Hi all,
    This is my first time posting on Boards!! Looking for some advice!
    Just found out that I am pregnant on No.3! (Still in shock, as my dd is only 7 months old & I'm due Late Jan/ early Feb 2016!)

My question is, how do you go about finding out the cost of going Semi / Private in the Coombe?

I had my previous babies as public patient in Cavan & had a c-section on both. I will need a c-section again.
    What consultant would you recommend to contact in Coombe?

Thanks so much ladies, I'm clueless about how to find out the costing, as I don't know any friends who has been to the Coombe. Thanks

Hi all,
    This is my first time posting on Boards!! Looking for some advice!
    Just found out that I am pregnant on No.3! (Still in shock, as my dd is only 7 months old & I'm due Late Jan/ early Feb 2016!)

My question is, how do you go about finding out the cost of going Semi / Private in the Coombe?

I had my previous babies as public patient in Cavan & had a c-section on both. I will need a c-section again.
    What consultant would you recommend to contact in Coombe?

Thanks so much ladies, I'm clueless about how to find out the costing, as I don't know any friends who has been to the Coombe. Thanks

If you go private you can self refer- pick a consultant from their list on their website and they will tell you the cost when you call.
    I was attendjng Prof Deirdre Murphy and have only the best things to say about her. Unfortunately we have lost our baby but she has been superb through this.
    A friend of mine attended her while pregnant with her twins last year and was very happy with her choice.
    She costs €3800- €1500 at your first appointment, €1500 at your 25 week appointment and the rest at your 6 week check up.
    You will have to pay the cost of the anomaly sca at 20/22 weeks too, it's around €120.

I went semi private the last time and it cost €750 plus the cost of each scan- I had 3 and they were €80, €120 and €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Third time mammy!

So sorry to hear about your loss Penny Dreadful, hope everything is alright?

Thanks so much for your reply. If you go Semi-Private do you pay the consultant on top of the €750, or is it included?
    What are the wards like in the Coombe & is there long waiting for the outpatients appointments?
    So sorry for all the questions, I've nobody to ask!

Thanks so much

So sorry to hear about your loss Penny Dreadful, hope everything is alright?

Thanks so much for your reply. If you go Semi-Private do you pay the consultant on top of the €750, or is it included?
    What are the wards like in the Coombe & is there long waiting for the outpatients appointments?
    So sorry for all the questions, I've nobody to ask!

Thanks so much

Thanks, it's a sad situation to be in but it seems as though it is just one of those things. I have an appointment with Prof Murphy tomorrow again and things will be resolved fully by Wednesday at the latest. She has been very lovely and professional through this and while our story (this time) is a sad one I've been so impressed with her and how caring she is that if I get pregnant again I'd have no hesitation in opting for her as my doctor again.
    The €750 was a once off full payment (plus the scans). I ended up having to stay for a week (was on IV antibiotics) and my insurance covered the week fully.

I was on a semi private ward, it was a 4 bed ward and had been renovated recently enough so it was clean and there was a lot of space bewteen the beds,etc.

My ante natal appointments were ok time wise. I usually opted for an appointment at 1:45/2pm and while a lot of women are given this time I would get there early, organise my sample before there was a big rush for toilets and settle down with my book.
    It meant that I'd get called quite early while the few times I had a later appointment it meant that if some other patients were late it knocked out the rest of the appointments and so you could be left waiting a good while.

To get my booking appointment I sent off my referral letter on February 5th ( I was 4 weeks then) and got my booking appointment when I was 12+6 (give or take a day).
    I also did shared care with my GP so it was handy having some of my appointments locally with almost zero wait time.

The reason I opted for private this time instead of semi private is that I had some issues after my daughter was born and I wasn't happy with how they were managed. It dragged on for a while and I don't think that it would have been dealt with the same way if I'd seen a consultant rather than a Reg or SHO.

Overall though I was obviously happy enough with the Coombe to go back again this time and if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again I would go again and opt for Prof Murphy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Just happened across this thread now. I'm so sorry for your loss Penny. Sending you love and best wishes xx

Had my 12 wk scan today, baby is measuring to the expected dates and has a nice strong heart beat.

The midwives in holles St, semi-p are so so nice and friendly. Really lovely experience this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blue star

hi everyone

im new to this form.

I just found out im pregnant. about 7 weeks, due end of feb. iv sent off the registration form to coombe. just wondering does anyone know if I can get them to ring with the appointment date ?instead of posting as I don't want anyone to know yet, until I have scan. (its my first baby)

any advice for coombe?

thanks inadvance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

blue star wrote: »
    hi everyone

im new to this form.

I just found out im pregnant. about 7 weeks, due end of feb. iv sent off the registration form to coombe. just wondering does anyone know if I can get them to ring with the appointment date ?instead of posting as I don't want anyone to know yet, until I have scan. (its my first baby)

any advice for coombe?

thanks inadvance

Who will open your post other than you?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blue star

unfortunately when living at home sometimes other peoples post gets open and id just be afraid someone opened as don't want people to know until after scan until we're sure everything is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

blue star wrote: »
    unfortunately when living at home sometimes other peoples post gets open and id just be afraid someone opened as don't want people to know until after scan until we're sure everything is ok.

Can you give a different address?work, a friends, parcel motel?

Advertisement