Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2016

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

An Bhanrion join the Extended Breastfeeding in Ireland fb page if you're on there, ask any questions you have or search any subjects and you'll get loads of advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi all,

How is everyone getting on?

We are doing pretty well, little man is still feeding well. We are also getting longer between feeds with one long stretch at night of about 5 hrs. Last night I made a mistake and feed him twice in one side, I woke up in serious pain this morning :(

Hope everyone is getting on well!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

That's great Little Miss Cutie. All was going well here until we were told little man not putting on enough weight due to issues feeding. So the past week has been a bit mad. Anyway now have appointment with breastfeeding consultant who will hopefully be able to help us sort out feeding issues. Have nearly given up the breastfeeding many times this week but hopefully will stick with it once we have our issues sorted! The lack of sleep has been interesting...

Onwards and upwards!

Sorry to hear that, lactation consultants are worth their weight in gold! We had one out who helped me as little man was taking too much milk and bringing it all back up.

Hopefully you can get some good advice and have a great feeding journey.

Have you started any mum and baby groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Yeah, I am hopeful about the lactation consultant. Haven't been to any mother and baby groups yet because I literally haven't had the time yet. Spending my days feeding me and baby, sleeping and trying to get a wash and get dressed! Feeding baby currently taking a really long time. Once i have that sorted i will be off to join a breastfeeding support group. But for the moment i am housebound 🙠except for doctor's appointments and one or two family ocassions. Looking forward to things settling down a bit!!! In fairness we're only at three weeks. And until the weight issue cropped up things were going quite well. So I look forward to getting back to that 😀.

My thoughts with all other new mothers having a tough time. I know my troubles are in the hapenny place compared to what others have to go through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Hoooolllly crap! I just did 2 tests yesterday and says I'm pregnant again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

pooch90 wrote: »
    Hoooolllly crap! I just did 2 tests yesterday and says I'm pregnant again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Pooch! Massive congrats to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 countrygirl123

Congratulations!!!

Wow!! You can start a new thread!!
    You will be blessed with babies close in age, let us know how you are keeping xx

Thanks ladies! Was a massive shock yesterday, wasn't over the moon but getting there slowly! I'm not 100% with dates so it could be end of Feb or start of March, I reckon it's March 5th due date though. is there any need to go to GP or just ring and ask for referral?

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies! Was a massive shock yesterday, wasn't over the moon but getting there slowly! I'm not 100% with dates so it could be end of Feb or start of March, I reckon it's March 5th due date though. is there any need to go to GP or just ring and ask for referral?

It might be worth going to your GP for advice being pregnant again so quick them might advise extra vitamins or something.

Plus not sure about your plans re Mat leave but they might be willing to sign you sick so you can go straight from one Mat leave to the next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Pooch..a huge congratulations to you..I was part of the Jan 2015 thread and Feb 2016...😂

My only thing to say is...just be ready for all the 'you have your hands full' comments..

Oh and you should start the March thread!!

Hopefully it will be a bit busier than ours was. Our group was great but small and quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congratulations! That's exciting news.

And greetings to all. I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't had time for boards since the little man was born! Except to read up stuff on the parenting forum every now and then...

Hey girls, hope all our 8 month olds are doing well!
    We have two teeth here and almost crawling but pulling up to stand on everything, going to be dangerous.
    I'm part of a lovely group on FB for BF babies born Jan/Feb-wondering if any of you have joined? Be funny if we'd been chatting here and now over there!

Hey girls, hope all our 8 month olds are doing well!
    We have two teeth here and almost crawling but pulling up to stand on everything, going to be dangerous.
    I'm part of a lovely group on FB for BF babies born Jan/Feb-wondering if any of you have joined? Be funny if we'd been chatting here and now over there!

Hi Pooch!

My little monkey is trying very hard to crawl but mainly just commando! He has 5 teeth and sixth is nearly through!

I'm on the same group!! I'll pm you my real name

Advertisement