Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

That's great news Penny Dreadful.

I know you were a little anxious after last time so it is great you are happy with your consultant!

How are you feeling?

Thanks. I'm feeling grand really. Yes, a bit nauseated and smells are hitting me hard but compared to what a lot of people go through it's nothing really.
    I'm off my steroids for the rheumatoid arthritis now (about a week) and unfortunately I am feeling the effect of that. Some break through pain in my hands and feet again and I'm sure it is also affecting my exhaustion levels.
    Both consultants (obstetrician and rheumatologist) have said that they are happy for me to go back onto a 10mg dose if needs be so that's reassuring. I'm going to give it another week or so to see if my pregnancy hormones kick in and the RA is resolved in that way for the duration of the pregnancy. If not then at least I know I have that to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

It's great when you get medical
    Professionals that are in sync.

I have really funny cramps the last couple of days, not quiet period cramps but in the same general area. Not exactly sore just niggly. I haven't been sick today but feel really nauseous and have somehow convinced myself these are all bad signs!!!

It's great when you get medical
    Professionals that are in sync.

I have really funny cramps the last couple of days, not quiet period cramps but in the same general area. Not exactly sore just niggly. I haven't been sick today but feel really nauseous and have somehow convinced myself these are all bad signs!!!

I was very impressed with both the consultant rheumatologist and obstetrician. When I saw the rheumatologist it was a week before my obstetricians one and once I told him I was pregnant he immediately wrote a letter to her to outline my situation and treatment so far.
    When I saw her yesterday she had a letter from him too and he made sure she had it before my appointment. It was reassuring.

Re: the cramping. It happens at various stages during your pregnancy and it is your body stretching and loosening to accommodate the growing baby.
    It seems nuts that it happens so early when your baby is probably the size of a raspberry at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

I was getting cramps too but then I realised that the good old pregnancy constipation has kicked in (TMI I know!!!!) So reassured now!

Not feeling very pregnant still,just tired. I know its an alarmist thing to ask but, god forbid, you lost the baby would you definitely have signs? If you did a pregnancy test afterwards, would the pregnancy hormones still be in your system and therefore give you a positive result?

Penny, glad all is on track for you, sucky about the RA but hopefully it evens out. Mind yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinocicero

I had cramps like that a couple of weeks ago, especially on one side. They were like you're saying, not actually sore but enough to notice. Had them for about two weeks maybe and since then nothing, seems to have all settled down. I actually got them checked out (got to see the little peanut in the process!) and it all looks fine.

If you're worried you could get it checked out, but they are actually normal and it does happen, like Penny said, it can be your womb stretching and the muscles and ligaments complaining about it!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

This whole post is probably tmi- sorry in advance. Has anyone been to the doc about their sickness?

I am throwing up 3-7 times a day not huge amounts but whatever is in my tummy. I am struggling to drink liquids as it seems to make me sick and the last two days I have diarrhea :(

My OH thinks I should see the doc but I'm not convinced, in my head it's all normal pregnancy stuff but as its my foray pregnancy I'm really not sure.

Can anyone offer me advice please? I'm 8weeks and 3 days

Hi all,

This whole post is probably tmi- sorry in advance. Has anyone been to the doc about their sickness?

I am throwing up 3-7 times a day not huge amounts but whatever is in my tummy. I am struggling to drink liquids as it seems to make me sick and the last two days I have diarrhea :(

My OH thinks I should see the doc but I'm not convinced, in my head it's all normal pregnancy stuff but as its my foray pregnancy I'm really not sure.

Can anyone offer me advice please? I'm 8weeks and 3 days

If I were you I'd definitely go to the doctor with that. The loss of fluids through vomiting and diarrohea and your inability to drink anything needs attention.

How is everyone getting on? I'm 9weeks tomorrow and going for our early scan on Tuesday, so excited!!!!

Heading away for a girly weekend next Friday so really looking forward to some reassurance that our little peanut is growing well.

I have done very little since Friday apart from sleep, eat and rest in the shade. Feeling much better

How is everyone getting on? I'm 9weeks tomorrow and going for our early scan on Tuesday, so excited!!!!

Heading away for a girly weekend next Friday so really looking forward to some reassurance that our little peanut is growing well.

I have done very little since Friday apart from sleep, eat and rest in the shade. Feeling much better

Really glad you're feeling so much better. Enjoy your weekend away. I off for a spa day next Sunday with my sister (she is also pregnant and due in October) and I'm living for that at the moment.
    My RA has kicked off big time and I have no choice but to start back on the steroids. I'm a bit fed up with that and juggling everything else too (my husband has a hectic job that is showing no signs of slowing down and he is trying to finish his thesis for July 31st too and so is effectively worming 7 days per week so I'm with my 9 month old all of the time on my own).
    That said it will all come good soon, roll on August!

I'm starting to get the odd dose of nausea now since last Thursday, thought I had gotten away with it. Still keeping everything down though. Not as tired but still sleeping early but surviving without naps. Didn't feel pregnant so did a test yesterday and I'm still pregnant (crazy I know) and I still am. Boob pain has eased a bit and I'm sleeping through the night a bit better. Roll on July 7th for scan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 gracemarie

I'm good too, can't wait for my first scan in 11 days when I'll be 11 weeks & 4 days! Haven't had many symptoms, odd bit of nausea but nothing too bad. Feeling a little anxious, just hoping everything will be ok but i think everyone feels like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Still sick as a dog here unfortunately! Dating scan this Friday, can't help but be nervous as it'll be the first time seeing the baby. I know I'm definitely pregnant, but anxious about seeing heartbeat and everything being where it should.

I still think it's funny how pregnancy effects everyone so differently. Should be an exciting time over the next couple of weeks as we all start to see scans of our little peanuts :)

Hi all, ended up in hospital today. Had some bleeding after lunch, I rang the Vhi midwife line who said I should go straight to my hospital.

The ladies in the hospital could not have been nicer. They suggested in future I call them for advice. Anyway the checked by BP and did a scan. I'm really pleased to say my little peanut was waving like a lunatic and had a strong heartbeat.

I had been due to have an early private scan today which I cancelled, but they said I can have credit for another scan.

I was never so scared and the midwives were amazing. So happy with the hospital I chose.

Hi all, ended up in hospital today. Had some bleeding after lunch, I rang the Vhi midwife line who said I should go straight to my hospital.

The ladies in the hospital could not have been nicer. They suggested in future I call them for advice. Anyway the checked by BP and did a scan. I'm really pleased to say my little peanut was waving like a lunatic and had a strong heartbeat.

I had been due to have an early private scan today which I cancelled, but they said I can have credit for another scan.

I was never so scared and the midwives were amazing. So happy with the hospital I chose.

Delighted to hear you have had such a good outcome after what must have been a dreadful fright.

Me again! Had another trip to holles street yesterday :( thankfully all is fine, saw a consultant this time and she thinks this might be normal for me in pregnancy. They scanned again and baby is fine. The took some tests which they are expecting to be clear.

One thing she said was no flying, was due to head off for a girly weekend today and she said no :( at the end of the day I don't mind as baby is number 1 priority but I was surprised. She thinks no flying at all during pregnancy, will double check when I see my actual consultant in a couple of weeks.

How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EJD

Me again! Had another trip to holles street yesterday :( thankfully all is fine, saw a consultant this time and she thinks this might be normal for me in pregnancy. They scanned again and baby is fine. The took some tests which they are expecting to be clear.

One thing she said was no flying, was due to head off for a girly weekend today and she said no :( at the end of the day I don't mind as baby is number 1 priority but I was surprised. She thinks no flying at all during pregnancy, will double check when I see my actual consultant in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear all is ok, that's a shame about your weekend though. I had really only heard about no flying in later pregnancy which makes sense. I've to fly shortly for work :(

Glad to hear all is well, it must be a stressful time for you all the same. It's a pity you're missing out on the weekend but maybe you can organise another one in Ireland?
    Re: flying during pregnancy, some doctors are totally set against it no matter the stage of your pregnancy and others are ok with it. If you add in pregnancy complications then even more are going to say no to it.
    Overall it's an easy one to give up I'd think.

Overall it's an easy one to give up I'd think.

Exactly didn't give it a second thought, i think of others that are bed rest from early pregnancy or other complications. Not flying is easy peasy compared to all the other complications.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

Hi All - looks like I am joining this group also. Almost 9 weeks now and due on January 25th. This is my first pregnancy and still getting used to it all!

Just wondering - I havent made any doctors appointments at all. I have a early scan booked for next week but nothing else. Do I need to see my GP to get bloods or other things tested? Have been slightly in denial the last few weeks but think I need to start making plans now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

SL10 wrote: »
    Just wondering - I havent made any doctors appointments at all. I have a early scan booked for next week but nothing else. Do I need to see my GP to get bloods or other things tested? Have been slightly in denial the last few weeks but think I need to start making plans now :eek:

In many places you have to confirm pregnancy with your gp for them to refer you to the hospital for 12 week/booking in appointment, some hospitals you can self refer. But if you need to get gp referral do that now as it can take ages to get an appointment. I confirmed pregnancy with gp at 6 weeks and was offered an app in hospital for 12 week scan at 14-15 weeks. Your gp doesn't do bloods or anything, that's all done at hospital appointment, gp will either take your word for it or do a urine pregnancy test.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hi All - looks like I am joining this group also. Almost 9 weeks now and due on January 25th. This is my first pregnancy and still getting used to it all!

You can visit somewhere like this too http://mdu.ie/contact.php - they do earlier scans than the hospital. The OH and had our first scan around the 8th week mark and it was great to experience

In many places you have to confirm pregnancy with your gp for them to refer you to the hospital for 12 week/booking in appointment, some hospitals you can self refer. But if you need to get gp referral do that now as it can take ages to get an appointment. I confirmed pregnancy with gp at 6 weeks and was offered an app in hospital for 12 week scan at 14-15 weeks. Your gp doesn't do bloods or anything, that's all done at hospital appointment, gp will either take your word for it or do a urine pregnancy test.

My GP did bloods at my first appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brassbutterfly

So excited to find this thread! Am due on 2nd if January so am 12 weeks at the moment and we've decided not to tell anyone bar immediate family for the moment so it's great to be able to talk to ppl about it! Going for my next scan this day week and can't wait! First pregnancy so all very exciting! But shocked though as our wedding is all planned for next March so baby will still only be a few weeks old. I guess life is what happens while we're busy making plans! 😍😍😍

So excited to find this thread! Am due on 2nd if January so am 12 weeks at the moment and we've decided not to tell anyone bar immediate family for the moment so it's great to be able to talk to ppl about it! Going for my next scan this day week and can't wait! First pregnancy so all very exciting! But shocked though as our wedding is all planned for next March so baby will still only be a few weeks old. I guess life is what happens while we're busy making plans! 😍😍😍

Congratulations and welcome to the thread.
    When I was pregnant last time (first pregnancy) I didn't tell anyone until I was 17 weeks. My sister was getting married and I didn't want to steal her thunder and then it was my mothers 70th not too long after so decided to wait until then to tell and also everyone in my family (2 people live abroad) would be together.
    These threads and chats saved my sanity.

This time around I've only told my two sisters. I've had one scan already and it showed a good strong heartbeat and I have a 12 week scan in two weeks. I'll tell more people then.

Hey - has anyone ever gone through a phase where they no longer feel pregnant? Most of my symptoms seem to have dissappeared - nausea is gone and I'm not as hungry as I was. Also not as tired at all. Wondering if its something I should get checked out or if I should do another pregnancy test just to check if I am still pregnant? I havent had any spotting or anything though so I might just be being paranoid :confused:

Hey - has anyone ever gone through a phase where they no longer feel pregnant? Most of my symptoms seem to have dissappeared - nausea is gone and I'm not as hungry as I was. Also not as tired at all. Wondering if its something I should get checked out or if I should do another pregnancy test just to check if I am still pregnant? I havent had any spotting or anything though so I might just be being paranoid :confused:

Yep :-)

Last time around I remember being so upset one night at the thoughts that I'd never feel like myself ever again that I had a massive hissy fit and went to be at 8pm.
    Next day I got up and felt fantastic, like I had so much energy, nausea was gone, no hint of a bump either and then I panicked that I'd imagined all of my symptoms, was no longer pregnant and what the hell was I going to do.
    So like the sensible person I wasnt I went out and bought a pregnancy test.

Turns out I was then at week 14 and had just had my second trimester energy bump.
    I decided then to make the most of this time and did loads of things and enjoyed myself immensely before the third trimester and its inherent tiredness kicked it.

Yep :-)

Last time around I remember being so upset one night at the thoughts that I'd never feel like myself ever again that I had a massive hissy fit and went to be at 8pm.
    Next day I got up and felt fantastic, like I had so much energy, nausea was gone, no hint of a bump either and then I panicked that I'd imagined all of my symptoms, was no longer pregnant and what the hell was I going to do.
    So like the sensible person I wasnt I went out and bought a pregnancy test.

Turns out I was then at week 14 and had just had my second trimester energy bump.
    I decided then to make the most of this time and did loads of things and enjoyed myself immensely before the third trimester and its inherent tiredness kicked it.

Ah cool - thats good to hear :) Guess I should just enjoy this extra energy I have and stop worrying! Thanks Pennydreadful

Ah cool - thats good to hear :) Guess I should just enjoy this extra energy I have and stop worrying! Thanks Pennydreadful

It's hard to stop thinking and over thinking everything that happens to our bodies while pregnant.
    After a while I just decided to not worry until I had a reason to worry. If I was eating properly, taking my pregnacare, hospital visits were going well and I was feeling well then there was nothing to worry about.
    It was quite the relief to go about my day that way and allowed me to enjoy my pregnancy.

• Advertisement

Has anyone bought or used a pregnancy seatbelt adapter?
    I was looking online at prams (very early I know) and came across them, not sure if they are a gimic

Advertisement