Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Hodiho, January ladies...

You will be glad to know that after what can only be called a 'charmed' pregnancy, An Bhanríon is now beginning to feel a bit bleugh - heavy and sore and can't walk fast anymore. And can't concentrate at work - which is why she is on Boards!!!!

I think the 'charmed' bit of the pregnancy is ending...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

You will be glad to know that after what can only be called a 'charmed' pregnancy, An Bhanríon is now beginning to feel a bit bleugh - heavy and sore and can't walk fast anymore. And can't concentrate at work - which is why she is on Boards!!!!

Growing new little humans is tough work!

I hear you on the sore and heavy bit... it was raining cats and dogs today (still is) and I stupidly, without thinking, chanced running from the swimming pool reception to my car (grand total of 25m maybe?). Forgot the pregnancy for a second, but good lord, the sensation of a sack of potatoes nestling down in my nether regions... made it 3 steps maybe. Paying for it now... :eek:

Still keeping it together in work is impressive in late pregnancy, whether concentrating or not. I tip my hat to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

I'm right there with you on the starting to feel a bit bleugh! Have had a really good pregnancy so far, all has been going great. Had a feeling it would catch up on me towards the end though.

Walking has definitely become difficult and feeling heavy and sore too. Another week left to go in work here, am literally counting down the hours.

All very exciting though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

I got signed off work early,my pelvis is at me and I'm just not able for 30 senior infants in the run up to Xmas. Have to say, today was lovely,first day off. I don't think this baby plans on staying in until mid January though.

Maternity leave cannot come soon enough. Another few days left at work and I just can't wait to run out that door!!!

Trying to tie up all the loose ends at work and hand over my projects to somebody else is all just so weird. I don't think it has hit me properly yet that I won't be here in January and I had better get my skates on and get it all done. Sooo distracted...

Meanwhile in the real world of impending babyland, myself and my husband are regularly found staring at the cot, pram and car seat, and going 'Jayzus, there's going to be a baby in that soon!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Meanwhile in the real world of impending babyland, myself and my husband are regularly found staring at the cot, pram and car seat, and going 'Jayzus, there's going to be a baby in that soon!'

Oh I can really relate to this! We assembled the crib this weekend and it just feels weird seeing it!! Similarly we collected the buggy/pram/car seat the weekend before and now when I see it I am excited and scared!!

I hope your last few days pre- maternity leave go quickly. I was signed off work at 32+1, it really caught me by surprise but thankfully baby is fine and I'm getting used to my restricted list of activities.

Hey mommas to be,I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Remember,we are allowed to eat everything ;)

Hope all moms and babies doing well and the little uns stay where they're meant to til January! Looking forward to the updates in the new year :)

Happy Christmas to you too Pooch and the rest of the ladies x

Anyone else in bits??
    I think the head is starting to engage,shooting pains down below and hard to get up. Pelvis is killing me too. Keep thinking I feel slight contractions but I think I'm working myself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Good luck to everyone here. I was due on the 7th last year and I am here now looking at my little girl taking her first steps. It really flies by. Wishing you all safe labours and healthy new arrivals X

• Advertisement

pooch90 wrote: »
    Anyone else in bits??
    I think the head is starting to engage,shooting pains down below and hard to get up. Pelvis is killing me too. Keep thinking I feel slight contractions but I think I'm working myself up.

I wouldn't say in bits yet but my god how many times a day can I pee???

I've been seeing an osteopath since 17 weeks which is getting the pelvic pain at bay during the day but absolutely nothing helps with the agony of rolling over in bed!

I'm in the scared phase about life after baby arrives, worrying about if I will be a good mammy,how feeding will go, do I have enough clothes for baby?????

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Little Miss Cutie I feel your pain. Both of mine lodged their bony knees under my ribs and it was the equivalent of broken ribs by the end but it's now a distant memory.
    Try not to be scared. It is such a subjective experience that no one else will feel exactly like you do. Some things will come easily, some may be harder but just remind yourself that you have done something incredible and created another human being. The early days are full of questions because it's all so new but threads like boards are invaluable. Our group now has a Facebook page and I feel like those women are my friends. We walked the same path at the same time and it has formed a lovely bond. You are nearly there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Little Miss Cutie don't worry about baby clothes anyway, you'll get tons of gifts and will soon be sighing at giant piles of tiny clothes that baby will never possibly get enough wear out of!

I was very anxious about life with baby when I was pregnant, and is much easier than pregnancy and the waiting/worrying. You'll be fine :) The important thing is though that if you need help ask for it, family, friends, or local baby/parenting groups.

Are you planning on breastfeeding? If so don't worry about this either, just read up beforehand so you know the tough bits to expect. It was easy for me from the start, obviously it was tiring and there was some discomfort and getting used to it all, but it was and is so much easier than I thought. People mostly only hear of the bad/difficult experiences. Join Extended Breastfeeding in Ireland on fb and ask any questions you have or post for support when bf, and go to a Cuidiu meet up if you can, before or after baby arrives.

Are you planning on breastfeeding? If so don't worry about this either, just read up beforehand so you know the tough bits to expect. It was easy for me from the start, obviously it was tiring and there was some discomfort and getting used to it all, but it was and is so much easier than I thought. People mostly only hear of the bad/difficult experiences. Join Extended Breastfeeding in Ireland on fb and ask any questions you have or post for support when bf, and go to a Cuidiu meet up if you can, before or after baby arrives.

Yes planning to feed baby, have started reading the womanly art of breastfeeding. There is a local breastfeeding group in the church centre that I am hoping to attend weekly. Have joined the FB group and following for hints and tips.

Thanks for the reassurance in general xx

Happy New Year everyone!! Anyone have a 2015 baby??

I definitely starting to feel more twinges and pressure from baby moving lower.

I'm 38weeks now and have a growth scan on Tuesday, based on this we will have a discussion re sweeps/induction etc....

I am definitely starting to have crazy thoughts, can't nest due to restricted activities so instead am worrying about random things like how many bibs we have!!

On that topic do breastfeed babies wear bibs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Some babies spit up and need bibs, my breastfed baby didn't need a bib until he started drooling when teething. He's 8 months now and only needs bibs for teething drool and eating, outside eating we'd barely use 2 in a week, whereas my friends baby goes threw 10+ every day with spitting up and constant drool. People will buy you tons of bibs I've found, I've also found only bandana ones fit properly, lots of newborn normal bibs he got only fit him now. Dunno what size necks they think babies have!

Happy new year to the January crew. Finally starting to get a bit excited now. Due in middle of month so I just keep telling people we will have news for them by the end of the month. Less worried now than I have been over the last few months. And I have done plenty of worrying about all kinds of things! (How will I cope leaving work? Do we have enough babygros? Did we buy the wrong pram? Will I be a useless mother? The works!) I am sure I will worry some more but it's nice to be a bit relaxed too. Best of luck to us all this month! May we all have much joy and may our coping skills be out in force for those moments when we feel a little overwhelmed by it all...

We went sling shopping today, bought a lovely stretchy wrap, can't wait for baby to arrive so we can use it.

Was a really lovely time at the sling consultation, had a great laugh, learnt loads and bf is very onboard with "baby wearing".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I wouldn't say in bits yet but my god how many times a day can I pee???

I've been seeing an osteopath since 17 weeks which is getting the pelvic pain at bay during the day but absolutely nothing helps with the agony of rolling over in bed!

I'm in the scared phase about life after baby arrives, worrying about if I will be a good mammy,how feeding will go, do I have enough clothes for baby?????

You may have tried this but turning under in bed is so much less painful! So rather than turn by going onto your back then onto other side, put your weight on your arms and turn facing down into the bed. And keep your knees together

You may have tried this but turning under in bed is so much less painful! So rather than turn by going onto your back then onto other side, put your weight on your arms and turn facing down into the bed. And keep your knees together

I will try that tonight, I haven't tried it cause of the bump but I guess you are only on your tummy for a few seconds....

• Advertisement

I will try that tonight, I haven't tried it cause of the bump but I guess you are only on your tummy for a few seconds....

You don't actually rest on your bump you lean on your arms - it's easier to do than I'm making it sound haha

You don't actually rest on your bump you lean on your arms - it's easier to do than I'm making it sound haha

The tummy roll is amazing!! Successfully rolled over several times during the night! Thank you :)

The tummy roll is amazing!! Successfully rolled over several times during the night! Thank you :)

You're so welcome! I had awful spd for last 3 months of pregnancy and when someone gave me that tip it was a life changer!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Angeldelight, your tummy roll advice should be stickied! Amazing, can't believe I only found out about it now!

Happy New Year to all the January 2016 girls! I'm still here and overdue, despite some fairly intense and regular cramping/sharp twinges last night that had me half-wondering if this was it. Tried to get some sleep (restless) and things seem to have subsided somewhat this morning. Although I'm wrecked and a tiny bit disheartened, trying to take it as a sign that things are happening slowly but surely (plus a chance to rest properly).

Wishing everyone health and serenity for the coming weeks.

Angeldelight, your tummy roll advice should be stickied! Amazing, can't believe I only found out about it now!

Happy New Year to all the January 2016 girls! I'm still here and overdue, despite some fairly intense and regular cramping/sharp twinges last night that had me half-wondering if this was it. Tried to get some sleep (restless) and things seem to have subsided somewhat this morning. Although I'm wrecked and a tiny bit disheartened, trying to take it as a sign that things are happening slowly but surely (plus a chance to rest properly).

Wishing everyone health and serenity for the coming weeks.

Oh exciting!! I wonder if you will be the first baby of the group!!
    I'm 39 weeks today so getting very excited! Having a sweep next week which might start things along....

Another vote here for the tummy roll! Amazing how these little things make life so much easier. Best of luck sambucus nigra. Hope things start to move along soon. I've one more week until my due date so it will probably be another while. For the moment that suits me fine but I will probably get impatient after a while. Wow, so hard to believe this part of the adventure is nearly over and the next adventure is about to begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I haven't posted in a while but my little fella arrived a few weeks early the other day. He was breech so we were scheduled for a section at 39+1 but he had other ideas (I don't think he wanted me going back to work after Christmas - my waters broke just before I got up for the first day back!).

We're doing great and hoping to get home tomorrow, best of luck to everyone!

Yay congrats!!! Hope you both get home tomorrow!!

A big welcome to contrary mary's baby!!! Thanks for letting us know. Best of luck over the next few weeks. Wonderful news!

• Advertisement

Aw congratulations contrary Mary! First of the January crew. Hope you're feeling well.x

Advertisement