Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 36th Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Well that was crap. At least I got my 100 pointer right on the nose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Look on the bright side. Arsenal will battling for 4th now so expect strong XIs for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Wow looking like 12 points for me from Fabianski.. big differential that was badly needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Look on the bright side. Arsenal will battling for 4th now so expect strong XIs for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ace2007 wrote: »
    1-0 swansea tomorrow.

:)

72 points for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Never underestimate Arsenal's ability to lose a clean sheet.
    unkymo wrote: »
    Up to 115 now, losing by a point in the weekly score.....boo!!

You bloody jinxers deserve a ban :mad: :pac: !

5 minutes away from the perfect evening with Bellerin CS and nothing from Arsenal attackers.

Ah well Bellerin for -4 was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. Would have never played PVA though. Prob Alder so "only" lost 3 pts in the process.

Wouldn't have made the ton though even with the CS since Bellerin was far off BPs.

A disappointing end to a great GW. 93 all in.
    And a bitter fearful feeling that I made the wrong call in getting Benteke (with a plan to bring Ramsey in this week) ahead of Giroud. I'm now afraid of his DGW redemption...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

84 for the week, moves me up a bit in fairness.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Yeah but a 0-0 would have been the same.

Now United to beat Arsenal with Bellerin & Sanchez goals assisted by the Arsenal player I'm gonna bring in this week (prob Ramsey) so that Wenger has to play a strong side up to GW38 !

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    United west brom .......

:D
    possession doesn't win games

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

9 of my players this week got 15pts between them. the other 2 got 62. mad aul' game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

And that's why I hate Arsenal! Used my FT for Sanchez, captained him & they went to hell!

41 points for the week.

I may look at Sunderland players for DGW :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yet another hit goes awry, like most this season. Thank you Kos.

Didn't see any of the game, how did the arsenal players do - any stand outs?

a draw against united clinches CL automatic promotion and with FA cup final round the corner, wouldn't be surprised that players get rested more - Walcott could start....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

a draw against united clinches CL automatic promotion and with FA cup final round the corner, wouldn't be surprised that players get rested more - Walcott could start....
    after tonight I'm thinking of just keeping ivan\henderson/mata instead of moving 2 on for a hit!
    I mean who do ya choose !
    giroud taken off after 66 when they need a goal. no thanks
    ramssy/ozil/cazorla pot luck which one gains more points
    I'm almost settled on just doing smalling or alder to PVA and no hit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Go on outta that will ya :)
    Their combined team score was the same as we expected from a couple of them.

They all stood out for all the wrong fpl reasons. Typically frustrating, trying to pass the ball into the net, everyone could have scored big, nobody did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Sticking to the original plan and brought Rambo in. Feck it! At the end of the day, he'll surely score more over two games than Hendo will in one--and that's what it's about!

2 GW's to go, i am 4 points ahead of rival, we only have 4 players the same. I was 70+ behind 6 weeks ago, then 17 ahead before this GW.

Really don't know what i should be doing - i know he's only got 1 FT, where as i have 2.

Decisions....

gl Bohsman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

96 (-4)...needless to say I'm delighted :) Particularly happy with not taking a hit on Bellerin and keeping faith with Wassi, a nice 7 point swing there. I've a nice lead in most leagues so might go mad for the DGW (that sounds quite arrogant, but, **** it, I don't care, it's my best season :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sticking to the original plan and brought Rambo in. Feck it! At the end of the day, he'll surely score more over two games than Hendo will in one--and that's what it's about!

he's looking like the confident Rambo of last season. getting forward a lot. i'd be confident enough he'll do well over the remaining games - losing tonight may be good in that there's less chance the likes of Rambo will be rested, now that 4th place is a real possibility, which Arsenal definitely DON'T want

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

That match was very kind on my OR though. Dropped less than 200 places with just Sanchez and am only 19 points off top 1k. Bring on the DGW

• Advertisement

I only went back 227 places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

72 points, gw rank 439k.

Dropped 650 places down to 3294 OR.

I don't even want to think what these extra 21 captain points was worth this week:mad:

Bring on the DGW!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

83 points, up to 1513 from 1559 in OR. Team Edgbaston now my biggest rival, leads in both Finn harps and Bohs leagues! Ziegler putting pressure in Boards pay league too! Involved in a tight H2H league with Kev IRL, it's all to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

100 points :) .... -4 in hits = 96 :(

So close to the ton. Although I missed out on the ton, I'm happy with how yesterday went, in terms of rank. Didn't have Rambo, Ozil, Cazorla or Giroud. Only dropped 300 places, so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have climbed up from 174k to 39k in the past 7 GWs with scores of 80, 89, 63, 68, 61, 51 and 96. Delighted with my progress I must say. My previous high this year was 36k in GW6, hoping to beat that now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    main rival in a private league is playing a 4-5-1 with Kelvin Davis in goal..... Panti is his sub :(

I'm leading, but with only 45 points of a lead with 3 gameweeks to go. it's gonna be tight!
    jimmii wrote: »
    If you were 45 behind you'd be like thats a giant gap but when you're in front it seems tiny! As long as you make sensible decisions you need to be pretty unlucky to finish behind them.
    heh, I do look at his team and get worried.....

But if Aguero goes absolutely nuts today, I have nothing to worry about.

However, if Aguero is quiet and Arsenal go absolutely nuts, Ozil in particular, I'm probably bitched.

I'm
    (+45 points)
    and
    Davis (mig)
    Belly - Dawson - Terry - (Rose) - (Berty)
    Hazard - Cesc - Sanchez - Ramsey - (Cambiasso)
    Vardy - Aguero(C) - Kane

Versus

his

Davis (panti)
    Ivanovic - terry - Mccauley - Stones - (clyne)
    Ozil(C) - Sanchez - Coutinho - Hazard - Cazorla
    Kane - (murray) - (nugent)
    jimmii wrote: »
    I don't think Ozil nuts will have you bitched maybe if he goes mega nuts you might only have a 10 point lead but if he only goes standard nuts then you should be ok. Aguero is more likely to go mega nuts than Ozil so if that happens its game over.

I never should have doubted ya jimmii!

90 points clear now

Game-Set and the Match!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I never should have doubted ya jimmii!

90 points clear now

Game-Set and the Match!

This is great example of someone behind you feeling they have to take risks to try and catch you, rather than picking the player they feel will score the most points. There's no way Ozil was ever a better option than Aguero!

iroced wrote: »
    Reduced from 22 to 9 the gap to 10k. With 2 players to go (Sanchez & Bellerin - hopefully Wenger won't rotate any of them 2 -) and a top 10k 9.2 average "Players Played per Team" (from FPL discovery) if things go my way tomorrow I may reduce this gap even more.
    Things didn't go my way but didn't go too bad either.
    Was just 5 min (and GLT :p) away from the perfect evening.

My 93 (-4) bring me up to 12k from 16k. And a 5th green arrow of steady progress from 33k to 12k biggrin.png.

Reduced the gap to top10k to 10 points. So if I picked/pick the right DGWers and the right captain I could make that in the DGW alone. The hope is there anyway which was far from obvious a couple of GWs ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

83 points. Slipped back slightly to 17k but an overall rise of 3k for the week. And a 25k rise for the past 2 weeks.

2 more weeks to push on as high as I can get, if for only going into next season with my regained confidence and enjoyment. From January onwards until the last few weeks I lost more interest in the game than I'd ever done at any point, thankfully that's back now :)

Advertisement