Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 36th Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeah, I also screwed myself over last week by benching Myhill as I thought Utd would score a few..beyond sickened as he scored like 17pts or something and I had K.Davis in goad...at least I'll know for next season to play with my head rather than my heart.
    But that's what you did ;)! Southampton away to Sunderland over WBA away to United with United having something important to play for. Only hindsight makes you feel sh*te now :p.

I played Mig and was gutted but before the game no one would have adviced me to go Myhill ahead of him and they'd been right!

The one I do regret though now is putting Alder ahead of PVA on my bench. I said here that Sainst away form had become dire and I'd not trust them away anymore this year but totally underestimated and forgot about Everton having nothing to play for while Sunderland are fighting for their PL survival. I really really hope Bellerin does play tonight so that I won't have this bench order issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeah, I also screwed myself over last week by benching Myhill as I thought Utd would score a few..beyond sickened as he scored like 17pts or something and I had K.Davis in goad...at least I'll know for next season to play with my head rather than my heart.

I'm only paying the free league, I think if I was playing the paid game I would have gone insane by now. :( It's all for fun though

In fairness that was clearly the right thing to do! You can only bemoan poor decisions not bad luck otherwise this game would drive you mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah if, as seems likely, everything is resolved promotion/Europe wise for GW38 it will be very very hard to call all of the matches. You could get very lucky and pick a high scoring one with your attackers/captain, or not.

Could be a couple of repeats of the WBA v Utd game from a couple of years ago, think it finished 5 - 4 to WBA with a Lukaka hat-trick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AdpRo wrote: »
    Could be a couple of repeats of the WBA v Utd game from a couple of years ago, think it finished 5 - 4 to WBA with a Lukaka hat-trick!!

5-5 Fergie was never going to bow out with a defeat! United were winning 5-2 with ten minutes left too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ridiculous stats from the GW Review:
    Sergio Aguero was in sensational form as Manchester City beat Queens Park Rangers 6-0 at Etihad Stadium. The Argentina international netted a hat-trick, assisted two other goals, created a couple of big chances, produced a trio of key passes and completed three dribbles.

Man City midfielder David Silva was also at his best as he contributed to three of the six goals. The Spain international scored the final strike of the match and additionally registered two assists, three dribbles, five key passes and nine recoveries.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous stats from the GW Review:
    In fairness both Silva and Agüero owed me these 62 points. No manager in the real world would have given them the level of confidence I did :D.

iroced wrote: »
    In fairness both Silva and Agüero owed me these 62 points. No manager in the real world would have given them the level of confidence I did :D.

Aguero is the first name on my teamsheet. Silva has helped me these last two GWs after destroying me since Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Been an excellent GW so far and with some luck tonight I'll get my first ever 100 plus score!

Currently on 89 (with Mig's 2 pts to come in off the bench) and Bellerin, Sanchez and Giroud to play tonight.

I have 1 hand on the Harps Cup. My opponent took big gambles and it didn't pay off. He went triple Everton defence along with Chester. Celebrated like mad when Danny Graham scored on Saturday! Benteke and N'Doye blanked as well.

He currently has 72 points so he's 19 behind with Cazorla and Sanchez to play so unless Cazorla goes mental I have it wrapped up.

Giroud could be a massive differential tonight and hopefully he grabs a few! Would still give me hope of catching up in the Harps League. Currently at 2440 OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aguero is the first name on my teamsheet. Silva has helped me these last two GWs after destroying me since Christmas

I wish I had given in and got him the last couple of week. I neary nearly used my extra cash to get him in for Bolasie as I wasnt happy with my options with Ramsey likely to be out.

It hurts more because Silva is a player I love and who I favoured over Yaya stubbornly last year. When I had him before Xmas he did nothing, and I then didnt get him back as I believed City were misfiring and didnt justify two attackers, and that Silvas unpredecented run of soring goals had to end, so I stuck with non performing Sanchez. This and the Kane/Pelle mistake in Feb have cost me a LOT of points (60 or 70 at a guess) and turned what was a very good season into a struggling to finish top 5k season. Which is still a good season in fairness I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Been an excellent GW so far and with some luck tonight I'll get my first ever 100 plus score!

Currently on 89 (with Mig's 2 pts to come in off the bench) and Bellerin, Sanchez and Giroud to play tonight.

I have 1 hand on the Harps Cup. My opponent took big gambles and it didn't pay off. He went triple Everton defence along with Chester. Celebrated like mad when Danny Graham scored on Saturday! Benteke and N'Doye blanked as well.

He currently has 72 points so he's 19 behind with Cazorla and Sanchez to play so unless Cazorla goes mental I have it wrapped up.

Giroud could be a massive differential tonight and hopefully he grabs a few! Would still give me hope of catching up in the Harps League. Currently at 2440 OR.

Well done on the Harps cup he played a strange wildcard you passed me out in Harps league aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Well done on the Harps cup he played a strange wildcard you passed me out in Harps league aswell

Thanks although it's not done and dusted yet. Yeah it was. He took big gambles which didn't pay off :D I'll be happy with the cup win, 3rd or above in the Harps league is a bonus now!

I wish I had given in and got him the last couple of week. I neary nearly used my extra cash to get him in for Bolasie as I wasnt happy with my options with Ramsey likely to be out.

It hurts more because Silva is a player I love and who I favoured over Yaya stubbornly last year. When I had him before Xmas he did nothing, and I then didnt get him back as I believed City were misfiring and didnt justify two attackers, and that Silvas unpredecented run of soring goals had to end, so I stuck with non performing Sanchez. This and the Kane/Pelle mistake in Feb have cost me a LOT of points (60 or 70 at a guess) and turned what was a very good season into a struggling to finish top 5k season. Which is still a good season in fairness I know.

He's one of my favourite player too. Pure class. Iniesta-like.

But don't forget before these last 2 GWs he was on a 3-4-2-1 run and 4 (stupid) YC in a row before this week game.

So in the last 6 games he only outscored Bolasie by a single point :P...

If I had to "judge" your recent moves I'd blame you a lot more for the Kane/Pellé issue :p.

Ignoring the QPR+Villa DGW was also a big mistake. Especially since I shipped Austin out for Costa the day before it was announced due to exact monies :rolleyes:. 40 points down the drain there

iroced wrote: »
    He's one of my favourite player too. Pure class. Iniesta-like.

But don't forget before these last 2 GWs he was on a 3-4-2-1 run and 4 (stupid) YC in a row before this week game.

So in the last 6 games he only outscored Bolasie by a single point :P...

If I had to "judge" your recent moves I'd blame you a lot more for the Kane/Pellé issue :p.

Its more so the Xmas and immediately after period when I held Sanchez over Silva that hurt me. I have been getting some relief from Silva hurt in the period you mention, but was very very afraid of what he would do in the QPR game.

Ignoring the QPR+Villa DGW was also a big mistake. Especially since I shipped Austin out for Costa the day before it was announced due to exact monies :rolleyes:. 40 points down the drain there
    Exactly. If I don't make a top 10k finish my number one blame will have to go there. I've been pretty bad with my captain picks overall but realised when I asked the forum about how you guys had been going with your captains throughout the season that, despite being one of teh worse of you, the difference was not enough to put the most blame on my disappointing season on it.

I'm not a very gambling player but I always tried and used DGWs to gain ground with some "calculated" gambles (and it mostly paid off). This year I ignored it and captained Kane. He got 2 pts while both popular DGWs (C) got 21 and 23. Like you I "lost" about 40 pts there.

Its more so the Xmas and immediately after period when I held Sanchez over Silva that hurt me. I have been getting some relief from Silva hurt in the period you mention, but was very very afraid of what he would do in the QPR game.
    Ah yeah right. I'd be the opposite then. Getting Silva for City nice Christmas run was my best transfer of the season. Second was Cazorla in and (C) for his big haul during the january WC.

.@Arsenal team to play Swansea: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud #AFCvSCFC
    .@Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Flamini, Wilshere, Rosicky, Walcott #AFCvSCFC

#Swans team v @Arsenal: Fabianski, Rangel, Fernandez, Williams (capt), Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Cork, Sigurdsson, Montero, Dyer. #ARSSWA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

#Swans team v @Arsenal: Fabianski, Rangel, Fernandez, Williams (capt), Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Cork, Sigurdsson, Montero, Dyer. #ARSSWA

Arsenal XI vs. Swansea: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

No surprises with that selection!

Invincible wrote: »

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 3m3 minutes ago
    Wenger names an unchanged XI for the 5th game in a row for the first time since he took charge of Arsenal in 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No surprises or rests for anyone. Could there be a better team for a big Monday night than Arsenal, 7 players that could be major diffferentials and only two that are completely irrelevant,
    Is siggy worth worrying about?
    Now to get the kids off to bed

• Advertisement

RAMBOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Need Ospina,Sanchez and Ramsey to do better than Giroud plus 14pts.

Highly unlikely but gotta hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

No surprises or rests for anyone. Could there be a better team for a big Monday night than Arsenal, 7 players that could be major diffferentials and only two that are completely irrelevant,
    Is siggy worth worrying about?
    Now to get the kids off to bed

2 consecutive Monday night's makes it even better :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

An Ozil assist hat-trick for a Sanchez goal hat-trick and a late Mertesacker 50 yard screamer for the draft team :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

.@Arsenal team to play Swansea: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud #AFCvSCFC
    .@Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Flamini, Wilshere, Rosicky, Walcott #AFCvSCFC

Who is up front for Swansea?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ramsey was hardly a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

3 players playing . should be on about 80 points after tonights game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Sanchez to assist a bellerin hattrick. Ozil, Ramsey, cazorla, ospina, giroud and koscielny all to get sent off. Match abandoned and 3-0 awarded to swansea but because of anomalies in the fpl rules, the bellerin goals stand. FPL website goes AWOL because of the number of #justicefor emails. Not too much to ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lemlin wrote: »
    Who is up front for Swansea?

6 midfielders it seems

From the fantasyfootballfix facebook page:
    Very interesting line up from Swansea. No strikers. 6 midfielders.
    Looks like they are going to try and use pace on the counter attakc with Montero, Dyer etc. Keep the Ball on the floor and try and expose Mertesacker's lack of pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Well it's the first time ever that Wenger has named the same XI for 5 consecutive league games so in that respect I'd say it is surprising!

Advertisement